OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say Brian fell into a ditch in the construction area and it was paved over. Couldn't his body be located with ground penetrating radar?

Yes, possibly. I'm guessing that this possibility was not entertained because LE has information, unknown to us, that led them in another direction. Logically, a search with ground-penetrating radar would have quickly proven the construction site accident theory as correct or incorrect. But this was never done. There could be many reasons why this ground search was never done. When questioned in a podcast, Hurst answered very carefully and said that there is some info that he is not allowed to reveal. This is standard procedure. Until a case is solved, they reveal very little. But what exactly do they know that we do not? Do they know something very substantial or nothing at all? Hmmmmm…….

When questioned in a podcast, Hurst answered very carefully and said that there is some info that he is not allowed to reveal. This is standard procedure. Until a case is solved, they reveal very little. But what exactly do they know that we do not? Do they know something very substantial or nothing at all? Hmmmmm…….

They reveal even less in the state of Ohio than in most places.

Hey guys! I just released a new episode on Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive Podcast. It’s my interview with Brightan. There are a couple new tidbits of information but nothing huge. Next week I have a very in-depth interview with John Hurst, who I am about to start working for. We have some big things we are planning, but still ironing out the details. I’ve done this before and it worked out well so I’m going to do it again. If you have any questions for John Hurst email them to me at BrianShafferDeadorAlive@gmail.com Obviously there are things he still can’t answer, but I will ask them all. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Hey guys! I just released a new episode on Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive Podcast. It’s my interview with Brightan. There are a couple new tidbits of information but nothing huge. Next week I have a very in-depth interview with John Hurst, who I am about to start working for. We have some big things we are planning, but still ironing out the details. I’ve done this before and it worked out well so I’m going to do it again. If you have any questions for John Hurst email them to me at BrianShafferDeadorAlive@gmail.com Obviously there are things he still can’t answer, but I will ask them all. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Just listened to it. Brightan seems very forthcoming. I believe she is telling the truth. For me, the most interesting tidbit is in regards to the phone pings. Brightan, who has several years experience with troubleshooting, says that there is no way this was a glitch. A glitch once, maybe, but not numerous times. "There's no way this was a glitch", she said. I agree with her. It is her opinion, based on her experience, that the phone was on and used by either someone who found it, Brian himself, or possibly a killer, if indeed Brian was murdered. But, as she says, the phone was on and it was not a glitch. She has dealt with this sort of thing before so I believe her. And I've been maintaining it all along--this was not a glitch. The phone was on, not destroyed, and functioning.

Her personal opinion is that Brian is still alive. But that is just her personal opinion and nothing else.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that Brian is still alive and that his phone pinged 14 miles away 5 months after his disappearance because he was using it. If Brian walked away from his life and really wanted to disappear to start a new life, I believe he would have gone further away than 14 miles. He'd move, say, clear across the country or to another continent. By staying so close, he would run the risk of being recognized. While it certainly is possible to alter one's appearance enough to not be recognized, it would still be quite risky. Perhaps he just briefly came back and then went away again. Usually, not always, but usually, people who have disappeared on purpose and were later found were not in the general vicinity of where they disappeared from. We've all heard stories/reports of a long disappeared people being found on the other side of the planet.

Just to stir the pot a little, wouldn't it be something if the solution to this mystery is something far more sinister than any of us have imagined?

You are doing amazing things, keep up the good work! You'll do amazing things, no matter whether it's a podcast, working with John or other great things you have in mind. Finding the truth about Brian is your passion, it has become a part of who you are, it's not a hobby, nor is it a hope, it is your reality. You are dedicated (beyond belief) to keeping Brian in peoples thoughts and making people aware of the TRUTH. I know many people appreciate your unwavering dedication to in-depth research and only releasing facts as fact and speculation as possibilities. You research from every angle, every possibility and dig into every nook and cranny, even the ones that aren't "easy" or comfortable, even when it involves exploring possibilities that are scary, sad or disturbing. I know you do this and do it well because I'm right there digging with you. We discuss a lot and explore every option we can think of and it's amazing that almost every single day, there is something new. This was an amazing interview, Brightan's perspective is great. I am going to just say this, Brightan's interview is awesome but just wait for the next one...It's going to rock everyone's socks!

Just listened to it. Brightan seems very forthcoming. I believe she is telling the truth. For me, the most interesting tidbit is in regards to the phone pings. Brightan, who has several years experience with troubleshooting, says that there is no way this was a glitch. A glitch once, maybe, but not numerous times. "There's no way this was a glitch", she said. I agree with her. It is her opinion, based on her experience, that the phone was on and used by either someone who found it, Brian himself, or possibly a killer, if indeed Brian was murdered. But, as she says, the phone was on and it was not a glitch. She has dealt with this sort of thing before so I believe her. And I've been maintaining it all along--this was not a glitch. The phone was on, not destroyed, and functioning.

Her personal opinion is that Brian is still alive. But that is just her personal opinion and nothing else.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I read an article tonight that evidently Alexis rang a bunch of times that same evening and the telephone kept ringing again and again, I was under the impression prior it was a one-shot fluky thing, and I was just going to post about it if everyone knew that and then this shows up!

Fiften pages back or so this kind sleuths posts that in Hilliard there is a mobile phone re-cycling company, who started operations back in 2005.
I mean cmon tell me LE must have looked into this?? I find quite plausable that the phone got to them somehow and they were twerking around with it there

Last edited:
Anyone remember this:

Forensic Astrology: Brian Shaffer

This link was posted and discussed here over 10 years ago. It very closely resembles my own theory, which I wrote about here nearly a month ago, that Brian's disappearance and subsequent murder was a drug deal gone wrong. When I came up with my theory, I was not even aware of this linked article. I got a chill when I read it and saw that it so closely resembled my theory.

Think what you like about "forensic astrology". Laugh at it, call it crazy, a waste of time, whatever you like. But I think this is exactly what happened to Brian.

Last edited:
Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that Brian is still alive and that his phone pinged 14 miles away 5 months after his disappearance because he was using it. If Brian walked away from his life and really wanted to disappear to start a new life, I believe he would have gone further away than 14 miles. He'd move, say, clear across the country or to another continent. By staying so close, he would run the risk of being recognized. While it certainly is possible to alter one's appearance enough to not be recognized, it would still be quite risky. Perhaps he just briefly came back and then went away again. Usually, not always, but usually, people who have disappeared on purpose and were later found were not in the general vicinity of where they disappeared from. We've all heard stories/reports of a long disappeared people being found on the other side of the planet.

Just to stir the pot a little, wouldn't it be something if the solution to this mystery is something far more sinister than any of us have imagined?

If Brian did walk away from his life... he could have easily been only 14 miles away for a period of time. All it would have taken is for there to have been someone he trusted accommodating him, and to stay behind closed doors most of the time. Perhaps only going out into the backyard at night for fresh air and to stretch his legs. People who are determined to lay low, and have somewhere to do it, can succeed.

We've discussed how extraordinarily difficult it is to go off the grid, and then successfully build a new identity, these days. Way harder than it used to be, and if you didn't know what you were doing you'd need the help of someone with expertise in this area. It's feasible that that you might plan your next move from a nearby by safe haven if one was on offer... and the planning could take months.

I know that we could guess forever about who turned that phone on and why, and still not come up with the right answer. But for the sake of coming up with a couple of reasons that fit the theory that Brian intentionally walked away from his life:

1. After hiding out and planning his next move for months... Brian was finally all set to leave the area, and intended to destroy his phone before leaving OH in his dust. But before doing so, he turned it on one last time to retrieve contact details he may need in a future emergency, or a few photographs that may be stored on there, or just to revisit his old life one last time (reading his last text messages etc...).

Or 2. Brian had already left the area with assistance and a well hatched plan. One small part of that plan was for a trusted friend to turn on Brian's phone for several hours after a few months had passed... knowing it that would ping towers and draw the attention of everyone who is looking for him, back to Columbus. A red herring.

Last edited:
If Brian did walk away from his life... he could have easily been only 14 miles away for a period of time. All it would have taken is for there to have been someone he trusted accommodating him, and to stay behind closed doors most of the time. Perhaps only going out into the backyard at night for fresh air and to stretch his legs. People who are determined to lay low, and have somewhere to do it, can succeed.

We've discussed how extraordinarily difficult it is to go off the grid, and then successfully build a new identity, these days. Way harder than it used to be, and if you didn't know what you were doing you'd need the help of someone with expertise in this area. It's feasible that that you might plan your next move from a nearby by safe haven if one was on offer... and the planning could take months.

I know that we could guess forever about who turned that phone on and why, and still not come up with the right answer. But for the sake of coming up with a couple of reasons that fit the theory that Brian intentionally walked away from his life:

1. After hiding out and planning his next move for months... Brian was finally all set to leave the area, and intended to destroy his phone before leaving OH in his dust. But before doing so, he turned it on one last time to retrieve contact details he may need in a future emergency, or a few photographs that may be stored on there, or just to revisit his old life one last time (reading his last text messages etc...).

Or 2. Brian had already left the area with assistance and a well hatched plan. One small part of that plan was for a trusted friend to turn on Brian's phone for several hours after a few months had passed... knowing it that would ping towers and draw the attention of everyone who is looking for him, back to Columbus. A red herring.

A sound argument. Plausible. But I don't think that's what happened to him. Like Brightan said in the podcast, her heart wishes that Brian was still alive. It is her personal opinion that Brian is still alive. But that's just her heart speaking. Of course I too wish that he is still alive. But I don't think he is. We should not let our personal feelings cloud our judgement, as hard as that is to do.

There are many pages of Brian-is-still-alive theories here and they were and perhaps still are heavily supported. Like I just wrote, I too wish he is still alive. But, sadly, the odds are against that possibility. When someone completely and totally disappears without a trace and nothing has turned up over 13 years later, nothing, zero, zilch, chances are he is dead. But nobody or at least very few people seem to even want to consider this possibility. That's quite understandable.

I actually speak from personal experience. A close friend and co-worker of mine disappeared on February 28, 2000. Over 19 years ago. For years we all hoped he was still alive. Nothing turned up. Absolutely nothing. Zero. After more than a decade, the family had him declared legally dead. His mother felt it was the only way to move on. She just couldn't take all the hoping and not knowing. Perhaps this was a strange way of dealing with this but this was her way. This was very personal to her. I never judged her for this.

All of this to say that, personally, I think Brian is dead, as horrible as that might be to consider. What I am hoping for is that someday someone will talk.

Last edited:
I have been following this case for what seems like forever and just listened to the new podcast from Kelly. I think all the work she and others have done is commendable and amazing but something is gnawing at me. If the best case scenario is true that Brian is alive and just left his life, what are we doing? What good would it do for Brian to upend his escape? What good is finding someone (an adult) that doesn’t want to be found?

I personally do not believe he is alive as much as I wish he could be. But the question above still leaves me unsettled. I want the truth to be found for his family, but if the truth is that he left, finding that out would do no good for Brian. Just moo.

I have been following this case for what seems like forever and just listened to the new podcast from Kelly. I think all the work she and others have done is commendable and amazing but something is gnawing at me. If the best case scenario is true that Brian is alive and just left his life, what are we doing? What good would it do for Brian to upend his escape? What good is finding someone (an adult) that doesn’t want to be found?

I personally do not believe he is alive as much as I wish he could be. But the question above still leaves me unsettled. I want the truth to be found for his family, but if the truth is that he left, finding that out would do no good for Brian. Just moo.

I agree. Finding someone or attempting to find someone who does not want to be found might not turn out as good as was hoped. I too do not believe he is alive.

I’ve had this same thought. For myself it’s not actually finding where he is if he is alive, but rather to rule out he wasn’t a victim of foul play and buried somewhere. The answer to that involves knowing if he’s still alive, which also may include finding him. I guess it’s somewhat of a catch 22.

I hope he ran away from his life and is somewhere happy doing what he loves to do...play music. But how do you do that and leave everyone (family, friends, girlfriend, websleuthers) wondering and searching and praying. Do you just make up your mind that you don't care how it affects those you love? You see all that is going on to find you and you still don't care? He would have been better off just leaving and then letting them know he is alive and happy and to stop searching because he is not coming back. It would break my heart to see my family searching and pleading and I did nothing about it. I don't think he is alive sadly. I think he met with some unfortunate accident, possibly a drug deal gone bad, who knows but how can you watch your loved ones suffer and say nothing? I don't think (I'd like to think) he wouldn't do that. It would be different if he was running from something or someone and had to stay hidden but just to voluntarily start a new life and let them go through this? I don't think so. My opinion only.

I hope he ran away from his life and is somewhere happy doing what he loves to do...play music. But how do you do that and leave everyone (family, friends, girlfriend, websleuthers) wondering and searching and praying. Do you just make up your mind that you don't care how it affects those you love? You see all that is going on to find you and you still don't care? He would have been better off just leaving and then letting them know he is alive and happy and to stop searching because he is not coming back. It would break my heart to see my family searching and pleading and I did nothing about it. I don't think he is alive sadly. I think he met with some unfortunate accident, possibly a drug deal gone bad, who knows but how can you watch your loved ones suffer and say nothing? I don't think (I'd like to think) he wouldn't do that. It would be different if he was running from something or someone and had to stay hidden but just to voluntarily start a new life and let them go through this? I don't think so. My opinion only.
I think the reason Brian was never heard from again, ever, from the moment he left Brightan/Amber, is because he was dead within a few minutes. That is why the radio silence. I think the reason he seems, at least according to CPD analysis of video evidence, to have not left the building is because that is where he died, in an accident, probably in the active construction area within the building, and where his remains rest to this day.

Do they not have permission from the land owners to dig that area up? I don't get why they won't do so unless they don't have permission or they know something we don't that makes them think something else happened.

I've known about this case for at least a decade and i've honestly never had a concrete opinion, it's just all so baffling.

Do they not have permission from the land owners to dig that area up? I don't get why they won't do so unless they don't have permission or they know something we don't that makes them think something else happened.

I've known about this case for at least a decade and i've honestly never had a concrete opinion, it's just all so baffling.

They know something we do not. That is why they never took any steps to dig everything up or do a search with ground penetrating radar.

I think the reason Brian was never heard from again, ever, from the moment he left Brightan/Amber, is because he was dead within a few minutes. That is why the radio silence. I think the reason he seems, at least according to CPD analysis of video evidence, to have not left the building is because that is where he died, in an accident, probably in the active construction area within the building, and where his remains rest to this day.

Oh he's dead alright but not within minutes and not in the building. And the reason he is not seen exiting the building on any security camera footage is because the footage was tampered with. Edited, I should say. Why? Because the person Brian left the bar with through the employee entrance/exit is obviously connected to his disappearance and murder and had enough clout to get any trace of that connection erased by editing himself and Brian out of the footage.

That's what i believe too.
Hurst last year specifically left open the possibility that Brian may not have 'gotten exited out of' the construction area. Hurst characterized the chances that Brian made it out as 'most likely', rather than, say, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme