OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've posted this pic before. This would have been what Brian saw if he would have crossed over to N. Pearl. As you can see it's more of an alley and as I mentioned there was not many homes just this one nice white house that looks friendly enough and to the right there was Wendy's. All this is gone now.

Attachments

• Screenshot (197).png
    Screenshot (197).png
    687.1 KB · Views: 83
I think he was more concerned about them seeing him while driving down N High so he may have gone the way of N. Pearl.
At the top of the map is the United Dairy store circled in blue. I made a line to show where N. Pearl is. At the bottom I circled the entrance to the Tuna. At the bottom I made a small dot. Right across from that you can't see but that continues N Pearl. JMO but I think Brian came out one of the construction entrances and crossed over to N Pearl. As you can see the Ugly Tuna has reopened.

Ok I get it. Thanks for the mapping it out, a visualization of it said it all. Even though its in opposite way of his apt, it's a good call.

I think I've posted this pic before. This would have been what Brian saw if he would have crossed over to N. Pearl. As you can see it's more of an alley and as I mentioned there was not many homes just this one nice white house that looks friendly enough and to the right there was Wendy's. All this is gone now.

So one of the K9 groups supposedly picked up a scent on Brian heading towards Wendy's. It can very well be he either got picked up by or entered a car there or continued walking on N Pearl Street as you mention.

So one of the K9 groups supposedly picked up a scent on Brian heading towards Wendy's. It can very well be he either got picked up by or entered a car there or continued walking on N Pearl Street as you mention.

Yeah supposedly it wasn't a for sure hit but it kinda fits at least for me if he came out that way and headed down Pearl. I don't know for sure but I'd bet after Wendy's closed a lot of people parked there who maybe was just going to the nearby bars or maybe even just down the road to visit someone who lives close by. I think Wendy's closed at 11 PM.

Yeah supposedly it wasn't a for sure hit but it kinda fits at least for me if he came out that way and headed down Pearl. I don't know for sure but I'd bet after Wendy's closed a lot of people parked there who maybe was just going to the nearby bars or maybe even just down the road to visit someone who lives close by. I think Wendy's closed at 11 PM.

The car idea Im forwarding steams from the hint of the comeback podcast that there perhaps was a meetup at early morning hours at Brian’s apartment with his out of town friends.

I’m not to familiar with area as you understand so I have thought that Wendy’s made a reasonably easy pick-up for a not so well oriented driver.

Does that route includes going from the part of the building that one exited from the construction area and also was camera free? Then its plausible for sure.

He went to greath lenght to say the least to vanish from his friends and I don't think he wanted to risk being seen passing the outside street entrance of the UTS. He didn't in hindsight know like the rest of us that Clint and Meredith basically just stayed outside for a brief moment before heading to the garage.

When you said that Brian went to great lengths to ditch his friends it got me thinking. Brian was out in the hallway so he wasn’t too worried about being found because at any moment Clint could have seen him. Brian walked off camera with the two girls and one went to the restroom and when she came back they left saying good bye to Brian. So again Clint could have seen Brian as he stood there for a few minutes waiting for the other girl. When Brian was outside in the hallway that was the same moment that Clint and Meredith were supposedly looking for him inside the bar. I think once the girls left it’s possible Brian saw Clint walking towards the entrance and went out that back door. Brian had to know that was a way out. I’d bet money he had gone that way before. I think Brian figured Clint would call him so he decided to shut his phone off. I’m also pretty sure Brian turned his phone back on once he got into the construction area. I’d say he needed some light so he used his phone to help get him outside. You said that if Brian knew Clint had left so quick he would have gone down the escalator. IMO there’s a good reason why he didn’t. When the 3 of them got to the Tuna they parked in the parking garbage. So they had to walk a ways once they left the garage to get to the Tuna entrance. So C and M took a right when they left the bar entrance at the bottom of the escalator going back to the garage.(2:01 phone call) They were seen leaving the parking garage at around 2:09. If Brian left right behind them he would have made a left out the same doors and another quick left (refer to map) on to N High. When C and M left the garage they would make a right on to E 9th ave (see map) then another right into N High. There would be a good chance that they would see Brian going home walking down N High. Brian knew this so he left the other way. It’s also possible when Brian left out the construction door (marked X) towards Pearl (see arrow) he could have walked out at the exact time when C and M were leaving the garage because Brian had to cross the same street (E 9th ave) as C and M did leaving the garage, to get to Pearl. What we don’t know is, was Brian already outside or still walking through the construction area when they left the garage. Clint said Brian was known to wander and leave. Meredith called Brian asking where the hell he was so it seems like it wasn’t too expected this time. Plus it seems strange to me that they would search the bar so extensively if Brian was known to leave on his own. Didn’t they think to look out in the hallway? That place is fairly small it would have taken a second to do that. C and M stayed at a professors house that C was house sitting for. Calling Brian makes me think he was supposed to go with them that night. I do think that Brian ditched Clint but if he did it was a decision he made in an instant. At any point Brian was in the hallway Clint or Meredith could have found him and it didn’t seem that Brian was in a hurry to leave or hideintil later. When Brightan went to the restroom Brian could have quickly left telling Amber he had to go. What made Brian decide in an instant to leave so quickly and shut his phone off? I don’t think we will ever know. Even if we did it may not have had anything to do with what happened that night.

Attachments

• 6B439DD1-0E90-4262-85DC-B0EA7BAFE618.jpeg
    6B439DD1-0E90-4262-85DC-B0EA7BAFE618.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 52
When you said that Brian went to great lengths to ditch his friends it got me thinking. Brian was out in the hallway so he wasn’t too worried about being found because at any moment Clint could have seen him. Brian walked off camera with the two girls and one went to the restroom and when she came back they left saying good bye to Brian. So again Clint could have seen Brian as he stood there for a few minutes waiting for the other girl. When Brian was outside in the hallway that was the same moment that Clint and Meredith were supposedly looking for him inside the bar. I think once the girls left it’s possible Brian saw Clint walking towards the entrance and went out that back door. Brian had to know that was a way out. I’d bet money he had gone that way before. I think Brian figured Clint would call him so he decided to shut his phone off. I’m also pretty sure Brian turned his phone back on once he got into the construction area. I’d say he needed some light so he used his phone to help get him outside. You said that if Brian knew Clint had left so quick he would have gone down the escalator. IMO there’s a good reason why he didn’t. When the 3 of them got to the Tuna they parked in the parking garbage. So they had to walk a ways once they left the garage to get to the Tuna entrance. So C and M took a right when they left the bar entrance at the bottom of the escalator going back to the garage.(2:01 phone call) They were seen leaving the parking garage at around 2:09. If Brian left right behind them he would have made a left out the same doors and another quick left (refer to map) on to N High. When C and M left the garage they would make a right on to E 9th ave (see map) then another right into N High. There would be a good chance that they would see Brian going home walking down N High. Brian knew this so he left the other way. It’s also possible when Brian left out the construction door (marked X) towards Pearl (see arrow) he could have walked out at the exact time when C and M were leaving the garage because Brian had to cross the same street (E 9th ave) as C and M did leaving the garage, to get to Pearl. What we don’t know is, was Brian already outside or still walking through the construction area when they left the garage. Clint said Brian was known to wander and leave. Meredith called Brian asking where the hell he was so it seems like it wasn’t too expected this time. Plus it seems strange to me that they would search the bar so extensively if Brian was known to leave on his own. Didn’t they think to look out in the hallway? That place is fairly small it would have taken a second to do that. C and M stayed at a professors house that C was house sitting for. Calling Brian makes me think he was supposed to go with them that night. I do think that Brian ditched Clint but if he did it was a decision he made in an instant. At any point Brian was in the hallway Clint or Meredith could have found him and it didn’t seem that Brian was in a hurry to leave or hideintil later. When Brightan went to the restroom Brian could have quickly left telling Amber he had to go. What made Brian decide in an instant to leave so quickly and shut his phone off? I don’t think we will ever know. Even if we did it may not have had anything to do with what happened that night.

Yeah basically I'm waiting for Kelly's new episode, about to be released. The previous one "into thin air" where Brightan is interviewed Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive gave me some new vague hints as to why Brian ditched Clint the way he did. So IMO he wanted to vanish, at least from Clint , if he planned to vanish altogheter from his life I'm not as sure. But it could be possible, since this case is an open book with different scenarios who am I to conclude the right theory.

So continuing on the vanish from Clint assertion, Brightan said they talked with Brian about accompany them to Amber's car that was also parked in the garage.
They go outside in the hallway , as seen at 1.55 with them and after Brightan visit to the toilet perhaps a look at watch made him realise it was time to leave then and there. With Clint exiting from the bar the same moments he took the alternate route behind the door and into the construction area and turning his phone off. If he planned to finish off the night with the out-of-town friends he absolutely didn't want Clint to join in. So ditching him and not be seen was his 100% goal when leaving the UTS.
Since everything seems to scatter at the 02.00 am mark when in fact the Bar closed at 2.30 suggests there was something going on for Brian hitting the road fast and Clint and Meredith wanting to leave the bar. With the new hints, the gather up at Brian's apartment could be that exclamation mark.

In that wake of events perhaps there was a pre-arranged meeting at "around" 02.00 with a companion at Wendy's for a smooth pick-up, that person or group could have themselves been out to other places, and communicated with Brian about that ealier in the day or evening or in the bar. I'm not to familiar with the area as I said but since both Meredith and Amber parked in the garage, there couldn't have been tons of places where to park a car. So from there he could have been either picked-up and things went sour or they weren't there and things got sour, or in fact he continued up the N Pearl Street as you mention to ultimately make it home with the same goal in mind not to be seen by Clint somewhere along the way and then things got sour. Heck, for what it's worth the same ideas could be applied to see him run-away from his life altogheter, unseen. So that's why this is the case it is....mindboggling

Yeah basically I'm waiting for Kelly's new episode, about to be released. The previous one "into thin air" where Brightan is interviewed Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive gave me some new vague hints as to why Brian ditched Clint the way he did. So IMO he wanted to vanish, at least from Clint , if he planned to vanish altogheter from his life I'm not as sure. But it could be possible, since this case is an open book with different scenarios who am I to conclude the right theory.

So continuing on the vanish from Clint assertion, Brightan said they talked with Brian about accompany them to Amber's car that was also parked in the garage.
They go outside in the hallway , as seen at 1.55 with them and after Brightan visit to the toilet perhaps a look at watch made him realise it was time to leave then and there. With Clint exiting from the bar the same moments he took the alternate route behind the door and into the construction area and turning his phone off. If he planned to finish off the night with the out-of-town friends he absolutely didn't want Clint to join in. So ditching him and not be seen was his 100% goal when leaving the UTS.
Since everything seems to scatter at the 02.00 am mark when in fact the Bar closed at 2.30 suggests there was something going on for Brian hitting the road fast and Clint and Meredith wanting to leave the bar. With the new hints, the gather up at Brian's apartment could be that exclamation mark.

In that wake of events perhaps there was a pre-arranged meeting at "around" 02.00 with a companion at Wendy's for a smooth pick-up, that person or group could have themselves been out to other places, and communicated with Brian about that ealier in the day or evening or in the bar. I'm not to familiar with the area as I said but since both Meredith and Amber parked in the garage, there couldn't have been tons of places where to park a car. So from there he could have been either picked-up and things went sour or they weren't there and things got sour, or in fact he continued up the N Pearl Street as you mention to ultimately make it home with the same goal in mind not to be seen by Clint somewhere along the way and then things got sour. Heck, for what it's worth the same ideas could be applied to see him run-away from his life altogheter, unseen. So that's why this is the case it is....mindboggling

It makes me curious as to why he would want to ditch Clint so badly if that’s the case. Did they have an acrimonious relationship?

It makes me curious as to why he would want to ditch Clint so badly if that’s the case. Did they have an acrimonious relationship?

Well, I sorta found out the more I studied the case. So these are my impressions. They were former room mates , and then basically drinking buddies. After Brian vanished Clint helped with the search and spoke to media, however when police got serious he lawyered up quickly and hasn't said a word about it since. Case is closed from his point of view.

Clint was a guy Brian "used" or "took advantage of" to go out with , start of the evening with and later often ditch him, and wander off from. It was a give and take relationship , I think at times they hated their guts , but they were accustomed to each other and it worked out for them for the time being.

I myself had such a relationship with a fellow student at the time. We always started off the evening together and went out and partied. But deep inside we where different animals , we seldom ended up going back together and although we hang out and talked about stuff I never considered him a true friend. When we later argued and it never got better I swear had he gone missing after that I wouldn't have given a rats *advertiser censored* about it.

Later my wife, who at the time also was a student recognized him at an event 5-6 years later, he asked about me but couldn't even remember my name.
So I bet other's here can fill in or re-equalize my impressions.

Well, I sorta found out the more I studied the case. So these are my impressions. They were former room mates , and then basically drinking buddies. After Brian vanished Clint helped with the search and spoke to media, however when police got serious he lawyered up quickly and hasn't said a word about it since. Case is closed from his point of view.

Clint was a guy Brian "used" or "took advantage of" to go out with , start of the evening with and later often ditch him, and wander off from. It was a give and take relationship , I think at times they hated their guts , but they were accustomed to each other and it worked out for them for the time being.

I myself had such a relationship with a fellow student at the time. We always started off the evening together and went out and partied. But deep inside we where different animals , we seldom ended up going back together and although we hang out and talked about stuff I never considered him a true friend. When we later argued and it never got better I swear had he gone missing after that I wouldn't have given a rats *advertiser censored* about it.

Later my wife, who at the time also was a student recognized him at an event 5-6 years later, he asked about me but couldn't even remember my name.
So I bet other's here can fill in or re-equalize my impressions.

I agree and I also think that Clint used Brian. For example, Meredith liked Brian, Clint liked Meredith so Clint calls up Meredith and says come meet us at the bar, knowing Meredith would want to see Brian. Meredith gets to see Brian and Clint gets to see Meredith and Brian is just plain mad. If I ever invited a girl that my friend didn't like and on top of that not telling him I don't think that friend would ever go back out with me again. No wonder they got into an argument. Clint was most likely jealous of Brian to a degree and he also knew that he had a better chance to pick up a girl in a bar if Brian was around.

I don't think Clint was too concerned about Brian going missing. Maybe at first a bit but that didn't seem to last long. I think Clint was correct when he said Brian could run his mouth when he got drunk. I also don't think that Clint had anything to do with Brian's disappearance or has a clue as to why.

I've done a lot of research on Brian and that doesn't make me an expert and I didn't know him, but I think that Brian was a good guy overall. I think he had issues and most likely didn't share them with too many people other than his Mom and to a degree Alexis but I don't think she had a clue about a lot of things. Brian seemed to be a very competitive guy who didn't like to lose. I think at times this made him seem a little arrogant. I think when his Mom died this made him question a lot of things in his life.

If Brian left on his own he had to be extremely miserable and something just snapped. There was no one that Brian was close to other than Alexis and he told her to move on not long before he went missing, although they did seen to reconcile right after. IF Brian left on his own that didn't mean he was never coming back. His Dad was still very young and in good health. After he died maybe Brian thought everyone would hate him if he ever came back.

I have this bad feeling that Brian mouthed off to the wrong guy or guys on his way home. I don't think that Brian started it, I just think he may have said something back without thinking because he was drunk and it escalated from there. I have my own reasons to believe this could be what happened, but in the end it's just my opinion. I really hope this isn't the case.

Is the next podcast with a new interview with hurst coming any time soon?

If Brian left on his own he had to be extremely miserable and something just snapped. There was no one that Brian was close to other than Alexis and he told her to move on not long before he went missing, although they did seen to reconcile right after. IF Brian left on his own that didn't mean he was never coming back. His Dad was still very young and in good health. After he died maybe Brian thought everyone would hate him if he ever came back.

I mean sure, there´s that possibility. I feel however that the own-disappearance theory has arisen more from the desperation of people having troubles with explaining what happened to Brian, then Brian's own alledged desperation with his life.

It's like everything he achieved, like getting together with a really nice girl, studying to become a physician up until that last day until spring break is tilted against him to explain why he run away. I mean he left everything bare boned, didn't even bring his own glasses with him. Derek said that he had entertained the idea of the escape for a brief while but when seeing his apartment untouched and even the glasses left behind he thought no way.

There are some logistics involved in running-away too, and staying off the grid for 13 + years is a g** damn achievement when people are looking for you.

When discussing the Brian's case with my own brother I mentioned the different theories and then telling about the start of that day, that he planned to have dinner at the steahouse with his dad and Derek, but that Derek had other plans and coudn't join. He then said out of the blue that if Derek had been there like it was intended chances are that he could had joined along Brian bar-hopping and that there's no chance he planned to run-away with his brother out with him for drinks.

Last edited:
I mean sure, there´s that possibility. I feel however that the own-disappearance theory has arisen more from the desperation of people having troubles with explaining what happened to Brian, then Brian's own alledged desperation with his life.

It's like everything he achieved, like getting together with a really nice girl, studying to become a physician up until that last day until spring break is tilted against him to explain why he run away. I mean he left everything bare boned, didn't even bring his own glasses with him. Derek said that he had entertained the idea of the escape for a brief while but when seeing his apartment untouched and even the glasses left behind he thought no way.

There are some logistics involved in running-away too, and staying off the grid for 13 + years is a g** damn achievement when people are looking for you.

When discussing the Brian's case with my own brother I mentioned the different theories and then telling about the start of that day, that he planned to have dinner at the steahouse with his dad and Derek, but that Derek had other plans and coudn't join. He then said out of the blue that if Derek had been there like it was intended chances are that he could had joined along Brian bar-hopping and that there's no chance he planned to run-away with his brother out with him for drinks.

I agree with just about everything you say. In fact there's not a lot that I could refute. I said in a previous post if I HAD to pick a scenario I'd say Brian met his demise that night not long after he left the building. The steak house I don't think would factor in though. After Brian and his Dad left they went back to Brian's apartment and then Clint met them there. Derek had plans to go to the Funny Bone that night regardless if he would have met them for dinner and had said earlier in the day that he might meet up with Brian later but he canceled earlier. One could argue that Derek's cancelling threw Brian over the edge thinking that even his own brother blew him off twice in one day.

I'm not saying this was the case just an example. We also don't know if Brian made it back to his apartment. He could have come back to grab some things and no one would know. There are many examples of people living off the grid. Look up Richard Hoagland as just one example. No one is really looking for Brian. I know a lot of people in Columbus and I think only one of them said they remembered hearing about Brian back when he went missing but didn't have a clue as to what he looked like then let alone now.

If someone really wanted to go missing wouldn't it make sense to do it in such a way for people to think he would never do such a thing and then give a lot of examples as to why? You are right there are a lot of reasons why it would seem he didn't plan leaving, but coincidentally he did say that he wanted to leave. He did ask Alexis to run away with him not long before he went missing and she said no. Maybe after her reaction he just kinda played like he really didn't mean it so she would think he wasn't all that serious. Unless Brian fell into a hole (I'm setting myself up I know lol) someone knows where Brian is.

The fact that Brian's glasses were left behind is often used as one of the biggest arguments for why he probably didn't leave of his own accord. I have never understood this. I wear glasses... and can't get by without them, but by the same token they're about the most replaceable thing I own. I know my prescription, and could order a pair online or in person any time... in some places they'd be ready in an hour. And there's plenty of ways to do that without using your own name.

Has anything ever been mentioned about what Brian's vision was like? Was he near or far sighted? Was he completely unable to cope without his glasses for short periods of time? Because if so, why wasn't he wearing them in the first place? I can't go out without mine... I know everyone's different, but for me the worst place to be without my glasses on is in the dim light of a nightclub. Was he wearing contacts that night?

Is the next podcast with a new interview with hurst coming any time soon?
Hello. There will be a new episode or 2 out by next week. I’m hoping by the end of this week, but I’m still trying to adjust to being back from Thailand and the time change. There will be at least 2 episodes with John Hurst because there is so much information we will be releasing.

It's currently being written. The podcast host has been on an overseas holiday these past couple of weeks (but has still been working on it). So I'd say it will be soon after she gets back.

You are correct. I am back now and Episode Three and Four are finished being written and will be recorded this week.

I agree with just about everything you say. In fact there's not a lot that I could refute. I said in a previous post if I HAD to pick a scenario I'd say Brian met his demise that night not long after he left the building. The steak house I don't think would factor in though. After Brian and his Dad left they went back to Brian's apartment and then Clint met them there. Derek had plans to go to the Funny Bone that night regardless if he would have met them for dinner and had said earlier in the day that he might meet up with Brian later but he canceled earlier. One could argue that Derek's cancelling threw Brian over the edge thinking that even his own brother blew him off twice in one day.

I'm not saying this was the case just an example. We also don't know if Brian made it back to his apartment. He could have come back to grab some things and no one would know. There are many examples of people living off the grid. Look up Richard Hoagland as just one example. No one is really looking for Brian. I know a lot of people in Columbus and I think only one of them said they remembered hearing about Brian back when he went missing but didn't have a clue as to what he looked like then let alone now.

If someone really wanted to go missing wouldn't it make sense to do it in such a way for people to think he would never do such a thing and then give a lot of examples as to why? You are right there are a lot of reasons why it would seem he didn't plan leaving, but coincidentally he did say that he wanted to leave. He did ask Alexis to run away with him not long before he went missing and she said no. Maybe after her reaction he just kinda played like he really didn't mean it so she would think he wasn't all that serious. Unless Brian fell into a hole (I'm setting myself up I know lol) someone knows where Brian is.

His case is a complicated mess , to which I'm afraid to say Brian himself is somewhat personally responsible of.
The vanishing out of the UTS is not that beautiful and I sort of get why Clint ended up shutting this whole thing off entirely.

So If Brian snapped and run-away, more like vanished entirely to this day it was an act of immense cruelty against his family. At least in suicides the loved ones have that answer, a person to burry, some closure hopefully and at the least the trying to come to terms with. Was Brian that guy?

I bet there still are some facts out there that we're not aware of, and hopefully when we'll know them the'll lead us in the right direction.

(The hole theory is just about the brightest you´ve written. :)))

Go to Youtube and type in "Looking for Mike". I had no idea what this was about when watching it. It just said it was a mysterious death documentary. It does relate to missing persons and so much more.

His case is a complicated mess , to which I'm afraid to say Brian himself is somewhat personally responsible of.
The vanishing out of the UTS is not that beautiful and I sort of get why Clint ended up shutting this whole thing off entirely.

So If Brian snapped and run-away, more like vanished entirely to this day it was an act of immense cruelty against his family. At least in suicides the loved ones have that answer, a person to burry, some closure hopefully and at the least the trying to come to terms with. Was Brian that guy?

I bet there still are some facts out there that we're not aware of, and hopefully when we'll know them the'll lead us in the right direction.

(The hole theory is just about the brightest you´ve written. :)))

Some people think that Brian is still in the construction area. If you look at the facts which are sorely lacking there is absolutely no proof Brian went down into the construction area. Maybe he went out the fire exit inside the Tuna. Maybe he went over the railing on the balcony? As far as I know there is no exit from the movie theaters and I'm not sure if they were even open then. What really bugs me is probably things we will never know.

How was it that Clint or Meredith never saw Brightan going to the restroom if they both were searching the bar at the exact same time? Maybe they just happened not to see each other?
Why didn't Clint or Meredith call Brian before they left the bar?
Why didn't Clint or Meredith think to look out in the hallway to check for Brian? If Brian was all over Brightan that night and Brightan Brian and Amber where no where to be seen you might wonder if they were out in the hallway.

Another thing that we don't know for sure is that Brian's phone was off or if it even went straight to VM. Brian could have been an area in that building with no signal or maybe it did ring and Meredith doesn't remember for sure if it rang or not.

Here's another scenario to consider. Clint was house sitting for a professor. I wouldn't think that Clint would want Brian to tag along if they all were to go there after the bars closed and I don't think Brian would be too upset if Clint asked him to not go. Meredith had the hots for Brian so maybe the only reason she was going was because she thought Brian was too. Clint was the one who called Meredith to come and meet them at the other bar and drive them to the Tuna. I'm betting he had this whole thing planned. I'd bet Meredith would be much more willing to meet them if Brian was there too. Clint definitely knew this.

What if Clint knew all along that Brian was out in the hallway (talking to those two girls) as he puts it and told Meredith to split up and go look for Brian. Did Clint talk to Brian just after Amber and Brightan were leaving and told him to take off because he wanted to be with Meredith alone? I highly doubt Brian would say no. Look at how this call to Brian was made. Meredith called Brian using Clint's phone. Why, because either Meredith didn't have Brian's number or more than likely she knew Brian wouldn't answer if he saw she called. I'm sure if wasn't Clint's idea to call. Meredith left a message "Where the Hell are you?" That sounds more like she pissed because they had plans to all to go together than being concerned they couldn't find him. Brian was known to walk away as Clint puts it so why bother to even look around let alone call. I think it was because Meredith was desperate to have Brian go with them.

This could be why Clint didn't want to take a polygraph, not because he did something to Brian but because he did see Brian and he didn't want to say or let Meredith find out that he lied to her about wanting Brian to come along. To my knowledge Meredith did take a polygraph and passed, because she was telling the truth or at least the truth that she was told and believed was true in her mind.

So when Clint was interviewed I think on April 10th he made a comment that I had mentioned above. When the 3 of them got to the Tuna Clint ran into Amber who he knew because he was a TA and Amber had a class with him. Clint said "and Brian was doing his usual thing and talking to those two girls" What an odd way to put it. I would have said Brian was talking to two girls that I knew that we met at the bar. He makes it sound like Brian was talking to two strangers, Yes they were strangers to Brian but the only reason he was talking to them was because Clint knew them.

Did Clint slip up? How would Clint know by April 10th that Brian was talking to Amber and Brightan in the hallway? One might argue that Clint meant while they we inside the bar, but that to me doesn't make sense to make a reference to a conversation Brian had with "those two girls" while inside the bar. They all apparently sat down at a table so I doubt Brian just immediately started talking to Amber and Brightan and ignored everyone else. Brian also met some other friends at the Tuna who he had phone conversations with. I'm sure he had to at least said hi to these other guys and had some small talk. He also got into an argument with Clint while inside the bar. That had to also take some time and we don't know what this was about.

So in less than a 40 minute time span Brian sat down talked to his friends who he met there and two girls he just met, got into a fight with Clint and then was last seen according to Clint walking to the back of the bar to talk to the band, but out of all the things that Clint could mention he said that Brian was talking to those two girls. That happened outside in the hallway and IMO I think Clint saw Brian in the hallway and slipped up and either no one caught it or he made it seem like he meant inside the bar when asked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members