DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Westlake Man Missing, Last Seen In Cleveland

upload_2020-5-20_13-48-0.png
•39 yr old, white male
• 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 180 lbs
•from Westlake; missing from Cleveland
•was last seen around midnight on Mon. at the Barley House on W. 6th St. in Cleveland.
•Barley House's management confirmed he left the bar at midnight
•his phone was found in the back of an Uber
• the phone was given to Marple's next door neighbor.
•Marple's car was still at his home in Westlake
•apartment was unlocked but organized and nothing appeared out of the ordinary, according to Cleveland police reports.

Police searching for Westlake man last seen at Barley House in downtown Cleveland

Additional link

Marple's sister went to his Westlake apartment and found it unlocked, with his car in the garage. She filed a missing persons report with Westlake Police.
He was last seen wearing a white long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans, and a hat.

TO NOTE:
He was last seen late Sunday evening(17th) at Barley House in downtown Cleveland.
According to Cleveland Police, Caleb Marple left the Barley House at around midnight on May 18. (Reason missing date is Mon. 18th)

Google Maps

Looking at the map, it appears the Barley House isn’t too far from Lake Erie, Cuyahoga River, & Old River.

Thank you for the map, it's such a sad thing when I hear of a man leaving a bar alone and going missing , that I just automatically assume he has ended up in the water, but unfortunately that's where my mind goes.

However his phone being left in an UBER suggests he did get in a vehicle. Surely they have contacted the driver to see if they picked him up and where they dropped him off. Maybe he lost his phone on his way out for the night.

Prayers for this man.

Thank you for the map, it's such a sad thing when I hear of a man leaving a bar alone and going missing , that I just automatically assume he has ended up in the water, but unfortunately that's where my mind goes.

However his phone being left in an UBER suggests he did get in a vehicle. Surely they have contacted the driver to see if they picked him up and where they dropped him off. Maybe he lost his phone on his way out for the night.

Prayers for this man.
I wondered that about his phone. Was it left in the vehicle after he was picked up or after visiting the bar?

I wondered that about his phone. Was it left in the vehicle after he was picked up or after visiting the bar?

It sure would make me think of completely different scenarios depending on which it is.

After visiting the bar implies he at least made it home or to another location.

Before means he could have had trouble when leaving without a phone for contacts / maps.

MOO

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Caleb Marple hasn’t been seen since Sunday night, May 17.

“We don’t have a lot of details, he seems to have just vanished," said Christine Tran, one of Caleb’s friends.

His friends say he started the night off at Barley House on West 6th Street in Cleveland’s Warehouse District.

According to police, he left just after midnight.

More at Family and friends gather to search for missing 39-year-old Westlake man

Family and friends gather to search for missing 39-year-old Westlake man

upload_2020-5-23_17-21-51.jpeg
Additional photo

To Note: Investigators say Caleb did not have his phone on him because he left in an Uber as he was on his way downtown.

Other info from link:
“We know that he didn’t leave us, we know that something’s wrong,” said Tran (a friend). “He was intoxicated, but he would not have left his loved ones at all, he would’ve come home," she said. “There were people here, somebody had to have seen something."

Cleveland investigators are reportedly working with Westlake Police to find him.

Kind of worrying about the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie. Another man out drinking with friends a few nights ago drowned on Whisky Island, near a club. Ohio just allowed bars and restaurants to re-open and it sounds as if some folks went out and partied pretty hard.

They'll probably be checking the east and west banks of the river, as well as the lake. It's been a while, but in the past some folks partying down there have decided to try to swim across the river. It's very dangerous.

Hoping for the best outcome for Caleb and his loved ones.

Caleb is a very close friend (more like family) of my extended family.
They have been trying to join here to look for help and direction but it keeps booting them out at the final step.
I am hoping that this thread doesn't get buried before they can finally make it in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back