Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck today with the search. Hopefully the weather will hold off. I wish I were able to help but unfortunately my health won't permit it. I know Cheryl's family appreciates all the help and prayers. Thanks everyone.
My hubby and I planned to help until we learned you have to be there until 5. We could've searched for 4 or 5 hours but not the whole day. I'll be praying for a safe and successful search.

Cheryl Coker homicide: Nearly 60 volunteers join search with Texas Equ

For volunteer Carl Christy, joining the search was a way to give back to the community.

“People who have lost loved ones are in desperate pain and desperate need and they need the community to come and basically love them,” he said.

Before Saturday, the search efforts were kept only to the professionals.

“We’ve kind of got this narrowed down. There’s bigger plots of woods that need to be covered. We thought it was time for the public to be brought in and they’ve been wanting to search, and we want them to be a part of this because they have been there since the beginning,” said David Rader, director for the Midwest Chapter of Texas EquuSearch.

While more than 75 people, including the professionals, were out searching for Coker, her mother could only wait, hoping they would find her.

23m23 minutes ago
BREAKING: Riverside PD and EQUU Search confirm new evidence has been found in result of Cheryl Coker’s search today. They tell me this could be the break they’re looking for. “We are here to find it and we found some things,” said director, David Rader. @txeqmidwest @ABC22FOX45
Thank you for this Gardenista!

This is confusing.

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--la...with-texas-equusearch/pvk3NohFodIcFNDzEQ2DvI/

Texas EquuSearch professionals and K-9s will go back out Sunday to search for Cheryl Coker after searchers on Saturday helped to cover more ground.

David Rader, director of the search and recovery organization’s Ohio chapter, said they did find possible evidence on Saturday.

“I do know that there was some things found that could be tied to Cheryl, so Riverside police did come and collect a few things that may be pertinent to the case,” he said.

Det. Travis Abney with the Riverside Police Department said every search EquuSearch has conducted has turned up items of interest.

“But there’s no way of drawing any connection between those items and Cheryl Coker,” Abney said.

Rader said not one of the nearly 60 volunteers complained during the arduous conditions of Saturday’s search.

“It’s just nasty. It’s muddy, you’re cold, you’re wet. That’s what happens when you have a community that comes together for one of their own,” Rader said. “They want to come out and do it again. That’s how impressive that this was.”

This is confusing.

Cheryl Coker homicide: Nearly 60 volunteers join search with Texas Equ

Texas EquuSearch professionals and K-9s will go back out Sunday to search for Cheryl Coker after searchers on Saturday helped to cover more ground.

David Rader, director of the search and recovery organization’s Ohio chapter, said they did find possible evidence on Saturday.

“I do know that there was some things found that could be tied to Cheryl, so Riverside police did come and collect a few things that may be pertinent to the case,” he said.

Det. Travis Abney with the Riverside Police Department said every search EquuSearch has conducted has turned up items of interest.

“But there’s no way of drawing any connection between those items and Cheryl Coker,” Abney said.

Rader said not one of the nearly 60 volunteers complained during the arduous conditions of Saturday’s search.

“It’s just nasty. It’s muddy, you’re cold, you’re wet. That’s what happens when you have a community that comes together for one of their own,” Rader said. “They want to come out and do it again. That’s how impressive that this was.”

I agree. So confusing. Here. And the last article we had posted before the search says that the detective stated no evidence from the searches had been found at all but this one says each search has turned up items of interest... so which is it?

I agree. So confusing. Here. And the last article we had posted before the search says that the detective stated no evidence from the searches had been found at all but this one says each search has turned up items of interest... so which is it?
Okay I'll take a guess at it.

This is referring to today: "David Rader, director of the search and recovery organization’s Ohio chapter, said they did find possible evidence on Saturday.

“I do know that there was some things found that could be tied to Cheryl, so Riverside police did come and collect a few things that may be pertinent to the case,” he said."

This is referring to previous searches: "Det. Travis Abney with the Riverside Police Department said every search EquuSearch has conducted has turned up items of interest.

“But there’s no way of drawing any connection between those items and Cheryl Coker,” Abney said."

IMO if Abney was referring to the items found today he would've said "these items" and if he was referring to items found in previous searches, he would've said "those items". They've been so secretive all along that I think he's still trying to keep Bill from knowing they found something important today.

So they found evidence ... But there’s no way of connecting it to Cheryl or the case? I’m confused as well. I was really hopeful after I saw the initial Tweet.
I'm thinking that they are waiting right now to confirm the items belong to Cheryl or pertain to her disappearance and are getting ready to arrest him. They don't want him to panic and run. Someone shouldn't have leaked that information right now. I know we all want answers and we all want Cheryl found and him arrested, but one screw up, and he walks.

Okay I'll take a guess at it.

This is referring to today: "David Rader, director of the search and recovery organization’s Ohio chapter, said they did find possible evidence on Saturday.

“I do know that there was some things found that could be tied to Cheryl, so Riverside police did come and collect a few things that may be pertinent to the case,” he said."

This is referring to previous searches: "Det. Travis Abney with the Riverside Police Department said every search EquuSearch has conducted has turned up items of interest.

“But there’s no way of drawing any connection between those items and Cheryl Coker,” Abney said."

IMO if Abney was referring to the items found today he would've said "these items" and if he was referring to items found in previous searches, he would've said "those items". They've been so secretive all along that I think he's still trying to keep Bill from knowing they found something important today.
Yeah, to be honest, I am surprised that they leaked this information. I just hope he either doesn't go on the run or does self harm or worse, now that he knows they're coming close to arresting him.

I'm thinking that they are waiting right now to confirm the items belong to Cheryl or pertain to her disappearance and are getting ready to arrest him. They don't want him to panic and run. Someone shouldn't have leaked that information right now. I know we all want answers and we all want Cheryl found and him arrested, but one screw up, and he walks.
Yep I think you're right.

"We found some things," EQUU Search on new evidence while looking for Cheryl Coker

“There was a few things that were of interest in Cheryl‘s case that was collected by Riverside PD,” said Rader. “We are here to find it and we found some things.”

We are asked not release details about the evidence.

“It shocked me,” said Rader. “This could be the break that we were actually looking for.”

Snip

The new found evidence is now undergoing further testing, which EQUU Search said is thanks to the public's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregree