Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately on the finding Cheryl Facebook page WHIO stated that Riverside LE said that no evidence found relating to Cheryl this weekend. I'm trying to post the link but it's not working so here is the text.

Earlier tonight, a media report said "new evidence" was uncovered in the Cheryl Coker case during today's search. But when News Center 7 talked to Riverside Police, the lead detective on the case vehemently shot down that report.
These searches had been limited to professionals-only -- until today.
I think it's very possible that evidence was found but it hasn't been analyzed to prove it is connected to Cheryl's case yet. Although I doubt if LE will confirm it to the public if it does prove to be. Right now I think it is termed as item/items of interest or potential evidence.

Unless they found the black hoodie and gloves I can’t figure out what they could have found.....

I get the feeling that the release of possible found evidence this past weekend has sorta ticked off the police....

Who ever designed the large billboard did a great job , I just returned from the Kroger and I was staring at waiting to exit the parking lot, the sign is located between the VFW building and Yum Yums drive through beverage sales, the sign is pointed so if your driving down Spinning Rd it’s on the left , what’s weird the sign is pointed in the direction that whoever drove her SUV that fateful day drove past the signage where it is today...
As well they should be ticked off.

What people don't realize- Cheryl has been gone now for six months. Let's be semi-graphic here and think- if her body is found soon, how much of her will be left, and will it be enough to determine a cause of death? Also, tipping the hand to the suspect as to the fact that evidence has been found- is that a smart idea that the man you suspect and want to keep around to arrest, now knows evidence has possibly been found? Do we know what his mental state is right now, do we know that he might not now try to harm himself, their daughter, Cheryl's oldest daughter, her Mom? Do we know that he isn't making plans now to go on the run, now that he's been tipped off?

I appreciate what the searchers have done, bless their hearts, but this is no doubt now a murder investigation! WHY would you go online and admit to evidence being found, especially when Cheryl has not been found? This doesn't make sense to me! Very disappointed that they did this.

As well they should be ticked off.

What people don't realize- Cheryl has been gone now for six months. Let's be semi-graphic here and think- if her body is found soon, how much of her will be left, and will it be enough to determine a cause of death? Also, tipping the hand to the suspect as to the fact that evidence has been found- is that a smart idea that the man you suspect and want to keep around to arrest, now knows evidence has possibly been found? Do we know what his mental state is right now, do we know that he might not now try to harm himself, their daughter, Cheryl's oldest daughter, her Mom? Do we know that he isn't making plans now to go on the run, now that he's been tipped off?

I appreciate what the searchers have done, bless their hearts, but this is no doubt now a murder investigation! WHY would you go online and admit to evidence being found, especially when Cheryl has not been found? This doesn't make sense to me! Very disappointed that they did this.
My family member was found 2 years after she was murdered. They determined cause and manner of death and even were able to connect the weapon with her injuries. I realize we were fortunate but I'm still hoping Cheryl's remains will be able to tell her story too.

I'm surprised TES let this info out when they've been pretty hush hush up until now.

Unless they found the black hoodie and gloves I can’t figure out what they could have found.....
Here's some snips that make it sound like more than one item. Also sounds like they would've been hard to find IMO.
"We found some things," EQUU Search on new evidence while looking for Cheryl Coker

“There was a few things that were of interest in Cheryl‘s case that was collected by Riverside PD,” said Rader. “We are here to find it and we found some things.”

“They paid attention to the smallest of details and this is what happens when they have that kind of dedication.”

“They took time out of their own families lives to spend time with us in nasty weather and again we found things that are normally over looked,” said Rader. “So, it’s working.”

Normally LE confidentially gives professional searchers a heads up on particular things they're hoping to find. I doubt the public volunteers were told anything specific but Rader reacted in a way that makes me think these newly found items were high up on the list LE were hoping to locate. JMO.

Would TES revealed this info if it was a closed search, is this group done searching for Cheryl

This is what’s bothering me with this case, the police were quick to label William prime suspect #1, released a grainy video that could be anyone, and now TES releases info about new evidence

Are they purposely trying to screw this case up, is it a ploy to get the suspect to do something stupid, ( but in his case it’s hard to do something stupid when your already stupid)

Was this so called new evidence just an appeasement to the family coming up on 6 month mark, something to grab onto, or is it a way to say they found something to justify their searches....

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this case and the weird way it’s being handled, now I am going to play devils advocate on a possible theory that I have given some , probably some won’t like it but here it goes...

Let’s go to the video the police released of the black hoodie and gloves, is it possible that the mystery person under the hoodie is Cheryl setting up her own disappearance, and when she got home she hid in the work vehicle and someone she had preplanned drove her out, remember the weird texts to work....

I know her family states that she would never run off on her own, but they don’t know how much torment internally she was going through, filing for divorce, his girlfriend openingly going to Florida, his demand that she be out of the home prior to them returning from Florida, and a marriage of 19 years going down the drain, maybe she was suffering from a form of depression, meneopause, that no one knew about, and she reached her breaking point..

She wouldnt be the first man or woman to runaway to start over, just a thought....

Is this a possible thought why the police are acting different in this case....

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this case and the weird way it’s being handled, now I am going to play devils advocate on a possible theory that I have given some , probably some won’t like it but here it goes...

Let’s go to the video the police released of the black hoodie and gloves, is it possible that the mystery person under the hoodie is Cheryl setting up her own disappearance, and when she got home she hid in the work vehicle and someone she had preplanned drove her out, remember the weird texts to work....

I know her family states that she would never run off on her own, but they don’t know how much torment internally she was going through, filing for divorce, his girlfriend openingly going to Florida, his demand that she be out of the home prior to them returning from Florida, and a marriage of 19 years going down the drain, maybe she was suffering from a form of depression, meneopause, that no one knew about, and she reached her breaking point..

She wouldnt be the first man or woman to runaway to start over, just a thought....

LE would not state this is a homicide case if they didn't have information and/or evidence to back it up. IMO LE has handled this case in the same way most small town LE do. The only thing unusual is naming the suspect but that does happen, just not often. In another case I'm following here, Andreen McDonald, her husband has been named the suspect too and he hasn't been charged with her murder either. Andreen's remains have not been found after numerous searches either.

Would she have left all of her stuff (phone, wallet, etc) behind? That would only make sense if she was trying to leave and set her husband up as her “killer”. And it isn’t as easy as you think for a middle aged woman to live off the grid without all of the stuff a person needs, like a drivers license and credit cards. The kinds of jobs available to her, where they’d pay her under the table are many fewer than the ones that’d be easier to come by for someone who was much younger, and male. That $4,000 he claims she ran off with would be long gone by now, even if she was very careful.

In today’s world where you can get anything for a price, I know it seems far fetched but why couldn’t cheryl pay to get a drivers license on the dark web maybe using her middlename as first name and using Carroll as a last, with a stolen social security number, remember before she disappeared her world was collapsing, and people handle the fallout in different ways...

So until they actually arrest William, locate a body, then the above theory goes away but until every square is filled at this point I am leaving this option open.

I know that LE obviously holds things close to chest with their evidence but all the contradictions seem odd lately. First the detective was quoted with saying they had not found anything during the searches (from article before the March 30th search) then after the March 30th search he said they found something each search. I know it’s possible he meant something in general, not something related to Cheryl but why not be more careful with his statements then, or not give one at all like he had been? Perhaps he was trying to draw Bill out to make a mistake or see if he sweats it. Perhaps he’s really grasping at straws here. I can’t get a sense for how the investigation is being ran... benign hush hush, then releasing the hoodie video and naming Bill the only suspect, then being hush hush, then TE reported they found items of interest which LE didn’t disputed until the next day and the way the media described him as “vehemently denying” made me think he was angry about the statement something was found. Then why not give a formal media statement to that fact? I have watched the hoodie video, I do believe it is Bill. His behavior is certainly odd up to this point. From all local accounts of Bill encounters he is not worried or distressed at all, and apparently the daughter is acting normal and seems just fine too. Does anyone think it’s possible Bill willingly helped her leave? Perhaps she wanted to get away and he said he would help her do so? It’s not unheard of for a family member to help someone disappear. Although then why would LE label her disappearance as a homicide? Why not tell us why they believe that? How crucial could that evidence be versus the released hoodie video showing most likely Bill dropping off her car and sulking back to his house suspiciously?

In today’s world where you can get anything for a price, I know it seems far fetched but why couldn’t cheryl pay to get a drivers license on the dark web maybe using her middlename as first name and using Carroll as a last, with a stolen social security number, remember before she disappeared her world was collapsing, and people handle the fallout in different ways...

So until they actually arrest William, locate a body, then the above theory goes away but until every square is filled at this point I am leaving this option open.

How much does a good copy of a drivers license cost, that would escape a cop’s scrutiny as easily as it could fool a bouncer in a dark bar? I think that’d cost more than a teenager pays for a fake ID. If it was as easy as just changing her name, every Central American currently here illegally would have a drivers license, and they don’t. Her more pressing concern would be food and shelter, anyway, I think. And as far as using a stolen social security number goes, you can’t get away with using one of those for long, and she doesn’t have the same type of social safety net that an illegal immigrant would have using one, putting herself at risk of being arrested. If she used one for work, I think it would’ve been discovered by now. This theory doesn’t hold water, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I know that LE obviously holds things close to chest with their evidence but all the contradictions seem odd lately. First the detective was quoted with saying they had not found anything during the searches (from article before the March 30th search) then after the March 30th search he said they found something each search. I know it’s possible he meant something in general, not something related to Cheryl but why not be more careful with his statements then, or not give one at all like he had been? Perhaps he was trying to draw Bill out to make a mistake or see if he sweats it. Perhaps he’s really grasping at straws here. I can’t get a sense for how the investigation is being ran... benign hush hush, then releasing the hoodie video and naming Bill the only suspect, then being hush hush, then TE reported they found items of interest which LE didn’t disputed until the next day and the way the media described him as “vehemently denying” made me think he was angry about the statement something was found. Then why not give a formal media statement to that fact? I have watched the hoodie video, I do believe it is Bill. His behavior is certainly odd up to this point. From all local accounts of Bill encounters he is not worried or distressed at all, and apparently the daughter is acting normal and seems just fine too. Does anyone think it’s possible Bill willingly helped her leave? Perhaps she wanted to get away and he said he would help her do so? It’s not unheard of for a family member to help someone disappear. Although then why would LE label her disappearance as a homicide? Why not tell us why they believe that? How crucial could that evidence be versus the released hoodie video showing most likely Bill dropping off her car and sulking back to his house suspiciously?

I think if the police have labeled it a homicide, then they are sure (of course, we have no idea what brings them to that conclusion). Look at this in another way-families frequently beg the police to investigate their loved one’s disappearance as a homicide, but the cops tell them that an adult can leave anytime they like and not tell anybody where they’re going. They wouldn’t put this much time into it, and call BC a suspect, if it is more likely that she left on her own. They know something, or they wouldn’t have said it. And as far as the daughter goes, it is my opinion that, like so many teenage girls, she gets along with her father, and knocked heads with her mom, making her susceptible to brainwashing by her father. After all, he is the one who took her to Florida-he is probably spoiling her regularly now to keep her from behaving in a way that isn’t normal for her.

I think back to a statement William made to WHIO that he did not want to say much about Cheryl’s disappearance because he did not want to hurt the daughter..

What if Cheryl was so distraught about her life going to crap that she planned to leave on her own and committed suicide, we will never know how much pain she was hiding and that interesting text message to her coworker if I am not in I might be dead, ( I forget the exact text ), maybe she was ok with the girlfriend in the picture, it was just mentioned above that the daughter seems to be getting along ok .

Let’s say for discussion purposes she planned this action so it would occur away from the home.

I read an article in psychology today, by Fredric Neumann MD titled fighting fear dated mar 09 2014, which went into depth on the suicide issue with spouses

So this is a very real problem, just maybe the police are looking at this option, especially with the haphazard way of investigating it, and just maybe William assisted her , who knows at this point...

I see WDTN posted an article about the vigil this evening, three big things jumped out at me in the article

1) there is another big search in Riverside this weekend

2) initially in the beginning last October after Coker was first reported missing the police stated the initial circumstances were troubling

3) then according to this same article police did not do there initial search of the home until the 9 th of october, so she was missing for 7 days before they searched the home, I call that a irresponsible screwup, think of any and all fresh evidence that was lost, good job!

4) I hate it when the open marriage subject was mentioned again tonight , remember William made that statement but NOT verified by cheryl

The other two things I have noted, is on the other find Cheryl Facebook sites, they are blaming the release of new evidence found to a searcher they refer as Equsisian, ( I hope I spelled it correctly)to the media, which the new evidence lead is false....

And lastly reading WDTN about the balloon launch last evening, they are stressing a sense of urgency to find her, my question where was this sense of urgency 5 months ago, 3 months ago????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom