Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to WHIO news and the Cheryl Coker case, they showed the videos, then they did a telephone interview with William and he made a odd statement he stated He does NOT have a lawyer even though he’s a suspect, and doesn’t understand why he would need one
I couldn’t believe when I heard it, and at 600 pm WHIO is having continuing coverage with her family

Posted on WHIO TV news app:

News Center 7’s Mike Campbell spoke with William Coker Tuesday after police named him as a suspect:

Mike Campbell: The question the police and our audience would ask you is, did you have anything to do with Cheryl’s death? Did you kill her?

William Coker: “No, I didn’t, I did not...I’ve never in my entire life hurt anyone.”

Mike Campbell: Do you have any idea what happened to Cheryl?

William Coker: “She was behaving in some risky behavior right before she disappeared and I haven’t really been willing to put that out there.”

Mike Campbell: Have you thought about or have you hired a lawyer?

William Coker: “No, not yet because I didn't do anything, I didn’t think I needed one, I guess I’m going to have to.”

Oh, no. ):
I think we all knew this was coming, though.
Hoping she is found so she can be properly laid to rest like she deserves.

Also, this guy’s intelligence level reminds me of Chris Watts. Going out in broad daylight in suspicious clothing that prompted not one but two 911 calls? Admitting he doesn’t have a lawyer? Hope he gets what’s coming to him.

Posted on WHIO TV news app:

News Center 7’s Mike Campbell spoke with William Coker Tuesday after police named him as a suspect:

Mike Campbell: The question the police and our audience would ask you is, did you have anything to do with Cheryl’s death? Did you kill her?

William Coker: “No, I didn’t, I did not...I’ve never in my entire life hurt anyone.”

Mike Campbell: Do you have any idea what happened to Cheryl?

William Coker: “She was behaving in some risky behavior right before she disappeared and I haven’t really been willing to put that out there.”

Mike Campbell: Have you thought about or have you hired a lawyer?

William Coker: “No, not yet because I didn't do anything, I didn’t think I needed one, I guess I’m going to have to.”

Here's your link Cheryl Coker case now homicide investigation, husband named suspect

I've been trying to work out a timeline when he could have disposed of her. Would he have done it between 7:45am and 10:52am and used her vehicle? Or did he do it after he got back from placing her car near Clancy's, but before the daughter got home from school. Stebbins lets out at 2:40pm, so earliest she'd most likely be home would be around 3pm. That would give him more a bit more time, but also allows for evidence in his car.

Depending on when he did it, he has about a 3 to 4 hour window to drive wherever and get back. With that kind of time, he could have easily driven to Houston Woods, Caesar Creek, Buck Creek, or stayed closer to home like Huffman Dam area. Anywhere within a 75 minute or so drive is a possibility.

I think it's possible that he killed her wherever he put her after incapacitating her at home.

I can't even begin to imagine. I certainly hope the daughter has a good set of strong friends because she's going to need them. Having a father be a suspect in the disappearance and murder of your mom is hard enough, but having everyone know about it and still having to go through your day at school is going to be rough. Teenagers are cruel and this is something that they'll run with.

That circle of possible areas is quite daunting, if he put her in the Huffman Dam shell never be found
For those not familiar with this area this dam is about 3-4 miles drive time from Cheryl’s home, it’s a dam used for flood control and is deep
God I hope he did pick this place as the body dump

I watched the WHIO segment at 600pm , two things got my attention
Mike Campbell had the second part of his telephone interview with William, you can tell his tone towards the end of interview was ANGER,
And second when they panned the front of their home what caught my attention was the rather large sign attached to the front porch railing warning home is protected by surveillance cameras, ( is this why he entered thru the back that day in black outfit)

I've been trying to work out a timeline when he could have disposed of her. Would he have done it between 7:45am and 10:52am and used her vehicle? Or did he do it after he got back from placing her car near Clancy's, but before the daughter got home from school. Stebbins lets out at 2:40pm, so earliest she'd most likely be home would be around 3pm. That would give him more a bit more time, but also allows for evidence in his car.

Depending on when he did it, he has about a 3 to 4 hour window to drive wherever and get back. With that kind of time, he could have easily driven to Houston Woods, Caesar Creek, Buck Creek, or stayed closer to home like Huffman Dam area. Anywhere within a 75 minute or so drive is a possibility.

I think it's possible that he killed her wherever he put her after incapacitating her at home.

I can't even begin to imagine. I certainly hope the daughter has a good set of strong friends because she's going to need them. Having a father be a suspect in the disappearance and murder of your mom is hard enough, but having everyone know about it and still having to go through your day at school is going to be rough. Teenagers are cruel and this is something that they'll run with.

I think he killed her very soon after she returned home, because she HAD to show up at work that morning, and according to friends/family, it was common for her to shower and get ready for work after dropping the daughter off at school. That left Cheryl roughly 1 1/4 hours to be ready to leave the house. He HAD to have killed her this early on, because otherwise, he knew, she would be leaving the house by 9:00ish to get to work. He knew he had limited time.

I suspect he cleaned up for at least an hour (drying, wrapping body, loading body, probably ran a load and dried) then dumped her car with her personal items. Came home, loaded body in his car and had the rest of the day to drive it 100+ miles away and return home.

I doubt at this point he used her car, only because Cheryl's phone was pinging at her home until 10:51. So he could have, but would have had to return back to their home after dumping her in her car, retrieved her stuff, and then drove to Krogers to leave it.

Do you think died as a result of strangulation, this is probably the way to prevent a large mess, blood spray, etc...
After watching thoses videos from the police today I think they still have work cut out for themselves, any good defense attorney would destroy them over the black hoodie videos, unless the police have a less grainy video, boy if they could find the black hoodie and white gloves, that would set the next step in motion
Does anyone know at this point would the GF still be active in the picture, or is she looking for a parachute to get out, I have read and heard the reports today and LE stressed that he is the only suspect, does anyone think the GF knows what he is suspected of committing.
Not sure does the GF have children ?

Actually, she was dating the guy - even saying where she met the guy. They haven't said that person is cleared only that he was cooperative.

Cheryl Coker: Police confirm they have suspect in missing woman's case

Cheryl Coker, too, had begun dating, and met a man she liked at Julia's Nite Club in Miami Township. Police have also questioned him and say he has been fully cooperative.​
Cheryl had been seeing a man at Julia's Nite Club where her car was ultimately located? Smacks to me of a last little dig on Cheryl's integrity while an attempt to throw investigators on the wrong path.

"Whoever drove the car away from here had to come back to their own car obviously." --William Coker per phone interview. I don't know the question which prompted his statement because the audio starts with this bombshell. But it's a pretty bold statement on his part, especially his use of "obviously", like if LE or anyone looks at any other angle (like Bill slinking home) it's ludicrous.

"I seen her the night we came back." William Coker per phone interview. Wait...Did he initially tell LE he didn't see her because he immediately went to sleep in the basement? Or does he feel safe in answering this way because he probably "saw" her briefly, but had no communication?

Q: Did you ever see Cheryl come back after dropping "M" off?: "No, but I got up to (cough cough - he literally coughs twice) for a few minutes and she was in the shower, but I didn't see her." William Coker per phone interview. Could he stumble over this question more??? He got up to do what for a few minutes? Go to the bathroom, get a drink of water...he never finished that train of thought. It's like he knew he was up killing her and didn't plan a response to that question.

The interviewer goes on to get him to admit that he went back to sleep (from whatever it was that got him up "cough cough") and when he woke up she was gone and her car was gone.

I don't know if he's being ultra cautious, was dosing on something, or is just downright slow, but he didn't sound altogether there. My guess is he'd be a defense lawyer's dream, based on the no body and the limited times he's spoken.

News Center 7's Mike Campbell talks with Cheryl Coker's husband

Little confused on first sentence Julia’s Nite Club, is located south of the Dayton mall,, which is approx 7-8miles from riverside, her vehicle was ultimately located by Clancy’s bar in riverside which is right next door to the Kroger store in question
Thank you for clarifying and correcting my mistake. I was thinking there was a hidden message if the car was left at the night club. Parking the car in front of Clancy's was probably chosen for convenience.

I am super glad this case is moving forward, yesterday was not one of Williams finest days, I think he really put his foot in his mouth,
Now we have to find Cheryl OR that black hoodie and white gloves to seal the deal
After seeing the videos of the man in black hoodie, not being to smart, I think in my opinion he disposed of her at the Huffman Dam, I drove that route yesterday he would have taken Spinning Rd to Airway rd, to Col Glen Hwy, a left on National Rd to Kaufman and Rte 4 where the dam is , total drive time with normal traffic 13 minutes a total of 4 .2 miles from the Coker house
This dam has a constant water depth of 65 feet deep, but with all the rain we are having it’s quite high, plus the dam is 1364 feet long , flood control, i think this would be the spot for the highest concealment possible, in turn by doing so she will never be found,
Looking at the other possible areas around there was too much risk of the body being found, that’s why I am stating the dam as her resting place

Cheryl had been seeing a man at Julia's Nite Club where her car was ultimately located? Smacks to me of a last little dig on Cheryl's integrity while an attempt to throw investigators on the wrong path.
Nah- her car was put there so her mother would always be haunted by her vehicle being within site of her apartment window. Sick jerk.

Bill flat out lied in the interview. He said he woke up briefly and Cheryl was in the shower and he went back to sleep and when he woke up, she and her car were gone. BUT a neighbor places him outside at 9am using her suv to attempt to jump her work van. So clearly, he was not sleeping this whole morning until after 10:41 when her phone switches from being located at their house to being at Kroger at 10:42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092