Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New surveillance video and 911 call revealing timeline of Cheryl Coker's disappearance (with clip)

February 19th 2019

"RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WKEF-WRGT)- Cheryl Coker disappeared more than 4 months ago and police now tell us they believe she's dead. Key evidence in this case comes from the Kroger parking lot in Riverside. New surveillance videos and a 911 call is leading police to believe the main suspect is Cheryl Coker’s husband, William "Bill" Coker....

The timeline of Coker's disappearance starts at her home on Christy Avenue at 7:35 AM...."

New surveillance video and 911 call revealing timeline of Cheryl Coker's disappearance

1550686808763.jpeg

Friends to continue searching for Cheryl Coker (with clip)

Feb 19, 2019

"RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WDTN) - As police investigate the disappearance of Cheryl Coker as a homicide, friends say they won't stop searching until family members have closure....

Family members and friends who spoke with 2 NEWS said they were saddened but not surprised by the latest developments in the case.

"Our emotions are a roller coaster," said Barb Carroll, Cheryl Coker's sister-in-law, who spoke with 2 NEWS by phone from Florida. "We're angry. We're hurt. We're saddened."...

Leiter said she had feared Coker may have been killed since her disappearance was first reported.

But the searches will continue until Cheryl gets a proper burial, she added....

Community members are planning another search for later this week, Leiter said...."

Friends to continue searching for Cheryl Coker

The gf's children are grown it appears, and I'm not giving names, ages or addresses. I will say, though, if it's true that "E's" been living in Cheryl's home even after LE's declaration, I call on her grown girls to knock some sense into her. Does "E" even have a home to retreat to? If not, can one of her girls get her the hell out of there jeez.

Maybe she's working with LE? Just a thought.

Yeah, I've wondered that, too. But there's a lot of sleeping over and hanging out over the weeks. If she was wired for evidence, I think he'd see it/feel it/sense it by now....but who knows?

She needs to get the heck out though, seriously. She's a grown woman living in another grown married woman's house....who's missing and the prime suspect is the douche she's hooking up with. If I were in her shoes, I'd like to picture my kids and friends going all out immediate intervention on my *advertiser censored*. Erin, run!

Last edited:
Yeah, I've wondered that, too. But there's a lot of sleeping over and hanging out over the weeks. If she was wired for evidence, I think he'd see it/feel it/sense it by now....but who knows?

She needs to get the heck out though, seriously. She's a grown woman living in another grown married woman's house....who's missing and the prime suspect is the douche she's hooking up with. If I were in her shoes, I'd like to picture my kids and friends going all out immediate intervention on my *advertiser censored*. Erin, run!
I hope she gets out for her safety. Maybe she believed whatever he told her until the surveillance was released yesterday.

Speculating here. If it was customary for her to shower and get ready for work after the school drop-off, I wonder if he attacked her in the shower, subdued her until the water was deep enough, then held her down under the water until she drowned. If their shower is a tub/shower combo, I could see him getting his injury this way.

Wrapped her in an old sheet and then drove her in his car to dump her somewhere and then returned to get rid of her car?

Wonder if the evidence could be his cell pings out and about that morning during the hours before Cheryl's car was seen being parked/not matching where he said he was? Or maybe cadaver dog hit on his car or somewhere in the house?
You bring up a good point here...

I wonder if WC's phone pings will indicate locations HE was at during the early morning hours of Oct. 2nd?

I'm a best selling author (not under Grace G. name). The main character in my books is female LEO though the books are more aligned to first responder/LEO details as opposed to a crime novel. But my book signings have a lot of readers that are sleuth type personalities. Cheryls husband is the first and only spouse of a missing person that declined to have me pass out missing person posters at my book signings in his state. That IMO is telling. I couldn't say this before as he wasn't a suspect.

I wonder if WC's phone pings will indicate locations HE was at during the early morning hours of Oct. 2nd?

He said during phone interview yesterday that he was home asleep. He woke briefly and heard her in the shower. Then when he woke again she and her car were gone. But he's lying because a neighbor saw him at 9am using her SUV to try to jump her work van. Cheryl's phone is in the home from 7:40 to 10:41. At 10:42 it pings at the Kroger lot. So he was not asleep until 10:41.

Bill's left his FB account up, and the natives are leaving horrid messages. People need to calm down and let the system work. Reading these messages makes me cringe. People can get so worked up, I can actually see some nut job entering Costco tomorrow and attacking him.

unfortunately, this has become so common for "suspects" lately (on fb especially), as well as family members of the missing/murdered, especially when opinion is divided! it's vile. i like to think it's kids who have nothing better to do than be big shots on the internet, but sadly most of the profile pics look like full grown adults saying absolutely horrible things. innocence until proven guilty is a thing of the past. (i do not have a lot of sympathy for guilty suspects, but i do think about their kids and families that have to read all the hate.). facebook is so filthy.

So at this point with William without an attorney representing him, makes me think didn’t he think he needed a layer when she served him divorce papers.
Or did he start planning his crime thinking why waste money on a divorce that won’t happen, reason, she’s missing

So when he’s arrested for this crime he will request a public defender

I don’t actually believe that he had no attorney at the time the authorities publically named him as their one and only suspect, in spite of what he said. Additionally, if he had a divorce attorney, that person wouldn’t, and couldn’t represent him in a criminal matter. That would be a little like having your cardiologist treat you for cancer. As interesting as speculating about avoiding a divorce is, I don’t think we can make the leap from what he said the other day, to him not thinking he’d need a lawyer because he killed Cheryl. Even though he likely did kill her...

Remember William is going to play I am the victim card, wow wow is me hand, trying to change public perception
The only thing that I see is going to be difficult, once he is arrested and going to trial is finding a jury pool that isn’t tainted by public perception

Remember William is going to play I am the victim card, wow wow is me hand, trying to change public perception
The only thing that I see is going to be difficult, once he is arrested and going to trial is finding a jury pool that isn’t tainted by public perception
You would be amazed of how few people actually know about this case as well as many others on WS. We are in a bubble. Change of venue will help if small town. He needs to confess and tell where her body is. I’m sure LE have dumped his data on phone. But most people know that’s gonna happen and might leave phone at home.

You are correct, not many people in Riverside know much of anything happening outside there homes, so much for neighborhood watch,
I live in Riverside, Approx 1.2 miles from the Coker resident, when the suspect goes to trial , god I hope I get picked for jury duty

You would be amazed of how few people actually know about this case as well as many others on WS. We are in a bubble. Change of venue will help if small town.

Riverside is a very small suburb of Dayton, Ohio, in Montgomery County, which is a pretty big area. Population is over 530,000. They won't do a change of venue.

toottimetim, you would never get picked LOL They would ask if you are aware of the case and have you participated in any discussion groups about it and that would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flint80