Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why move the car at all and risk someone seeing you moving it? Moving it during the day in a seemingly busy area and walking home seems super risky and unnecessary
Plus leaving all her stuff there. If it was missing, her running away would be a stronger consideration. Maybe whoever did it was hoping people would think abduction

Plus leaving all her stuff there. If it was missing, her running away would be a stronger consideration. Maybe whoever did it was hoping people would think abduction

It could also be that they were acting out of panic and not thinking things through properly, if it were a 'crime of passion' and not pre-meditated I can see all sorts of mistakes being made.

I am guessing the investigators know far more about what happened than we do, I'm just waiting for that news to break.

RSBM
Why would the husband move her car to that location?? What difference would that make in his mind? If he wanted to make it look like she left on her own wouldn't he have taken it to a bus station or something?? I wouldn't think "oh she left her car next to Kroger- she must have left on her own"
I don't know, that part is really bugging me...why is the car there?

Well one thing is sure, if "he" dropped it at the bus station I'm sure he would have been on tape or easily spotted.. he may not have been aware that parking lot had any kind of surveillance.. I've been to that location many times, it's a very run down strip mall. That "surveillance" store doesn't advertise itself as such, I didn't know what's what it was myself until this all went down.. then you have Clancy's tavern which is really more or less a dive bar.. None of those places you would expect would be running surveillance. I was honestly surprised they got any footage and I live 10-15 minutes away.. There's also not a lot of traffic in that area, foot or car wise..

He may have just thought that would be good because it's a parking lot and the car would blend in, and there's not many people around at that time, Clancy's only gets traffic around lunch time or in the evening when people get off work.

Combine that with the idea that he can easily walk back ..

Whoever said the FBI doesn't investigate murder cases must not follow the FBI's facebook page.

I said it and then examples were given of when the FBI is requested on a case.

And no, I certainly don't follow the FBI's or ANY facebook page, nor do I have an account. It's hardly a requirement for life.

New surveillance video shows the moments before a riverside woman went missing.
In this surveillance video: Coker's car can be seen driving down Spinning Road before entering the back of the parking lot and pulling into a parking space and stopping.

But because there wasn't enough motion on the screen, the motion-activated cameras don't pick up who left the car.

"One camera was set to record, constantly. One camera - which was actually Clancy's [Tavern] camera - was set to only motion record so when the car pulled in, there's a few seconds where they don't get out of the car and there's no movement on the screen and the recorder shut off," Brumley said.

"The person must not have gotten out of the car and went left or right, I think they would have went the other direction. It just wasn't enough movement for the cameras to come back on."
Surveillance video shows moments before Riverside woman goes missing

Why move the car at all and risk someone seeing you moving it? Moving it during the day in a seemingly busy area and walking home seems super risky and unnecessary

Makes no sense to dump the car/suv. I just don't feel like she walked away, or committed suicide. Something happened to her. Any word on video surveillance AS the suv is being driven to where it was dropped off?

In this surveillance video: Coker's car can be seen driving down Spinning Road before entering the back of the parking lot and pulling into a parking space and stopping.

But because there wasn't enough motion on the screen, the motion-activated cameras don't pick up who left the car.

"One camera was set to record, constantly. One camera - which was actually Clancy's [Tavern] camera - was set to only motion record so when the car pulled in, there's a few seconds where they don't get out of the car and there's no movement on the screen and the recorder shut off," Brumley said.

"The person must not have gotten out of the car and went left or right, I think they would have went the other direction. It just wasn't enough movement for the cameras to come back on."

It looks like the same surveillance video already posted, but the article has different content at least.

As I noted before the Google Car drove through that parking lot so we have Street View images where we ordinarily don't. The Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall building next door can be viewed on one side. If it weren't for the Google Car going through the parking lot we wouldn't have good enough views of the building because of how far back off the street (Burkhardt) it is.

At any rate, this is a Street View image looking toward the Kingdom Hall with a view of a dumpster. It appears that there might be cameras on that building as it appears there is one at the far right under the eave (just to the right of the tree/bush that is to the right of the green dumpster).

If that camera is still there (Street View images are from August 2015) and the camera was functional, it may have captured whoever was in Cheryl's vehicle.

Street View link

Google Maps

I am attaching a screen shot as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-10_20-30-35.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-10_20-30-35.png
    427.4 KB · Views: 54

I am certain that law enforcement had this video last Thursday. I get the impression that law enforcement is trickling this out to let someone know they have more and know more.

Since I literally live here, is there anything anyone would like me to do within reason? .. pictures of an area of interest?<modsnip - hinting at further info>

Will you be any where near the parking lot the car was left in? Can you take photo’s of roughly where the car was parked and what is visible from there? I’d like to see where exactly the camera is that captured the footage of the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you be any where near the parking lot the car was left in? Can you take photo’s of roughly where the car was parked and what is visible from there? I’d like to see where exactly the camera is that captured the footage of the car.
The Google car went through that parking lot to take Street View photos. You can see all of the stores in the plaza. This link points you straight at Computer Network Associates (the so-called "surveillance" store). The cameras that captured her car are not visible but the from the media videos you can see where they are now located.

Google Maps

This is a link to the Street View looking straight at Clancy's.
Google Maps

In this media video, you can see at the reporter point up to the cameras and the camera moves upward to show the camera around the 25 second mark. At the 29 second mark you can see two cameras. The camera on the left is the one that captured her car parking. These two cameras are located above the middle blinds of the three to the right of the door to enter Clancy's.

Surveillance video raises more questions in 'suspicious' disappearance of Riverside mom

If you turn around on any of the Street View links I provided you can see what you can see from those locations. You can also continue to move around the parking lot.

This Street View link shows the parking space her vehicle was parked in. It is one of the two closest to the camera to the right of the red truck.
Google Maps

If you turn around there in Street View you can see the Jehovah's Witness building that I mentioned in a previous post where I believe there is a camera to the right of the green dumpster.

At the 52 second mark of the media story I linked above with the video of her car parking you can see a view from in the parking lot where their station car is parked. This is likely the spot her car was parked in.

Interesting choice of words stating that the video shows the" moments BEFORE Riverside woman goes missing."

Do they really think she was in that car and "then" missing or is this a play on words to lull a suspect into a false sense of security thinking "well they think she was in the car"? Hmmmm, I'm going with the later.

I'll be surprised if there aren't more cameras in the businesses that are on that strip of road, like the 24 hour laundromat and pizza shop across the street.
Not sure they would have caught anything worthwhile at that distance, I know the place and I doubt they have HD cameras for recording distances like that in detail.

Those places are likely to have cameras aimed at their doors and inside the building..

There's also a bit of a hill, and where Cheryl's car parked.. I don't think you'd even be able to see it.. I think that footage we've seen is all we have I'm afraid.. it's possible of course, but very unlikely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom