OH OH - Cincinnati, WhtFem 35-60, JD# 3067, silky PJ bottoms w/“Schrader”, gray top, hair clip, May'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the only missing woman I see with the last name Schrader: Carol L. Schrader – The Charley Project

Carol Schrader, missing since 2013 from Nebraska. Not a lot of details on her case. She disappeared with a car, so I suppose it's possible she made her way to Ohio and started a new life.

She fits the age range at 51 years old, But she is too short-- 5'1" vs the UID range of 5'5"-5'8".

I don't feel strongly that she is a match, but if anyone would like to submit her please feel free (I'm only going to suggest here).

I have posted this info on Melissa's FB page for Namus as I think the same name its just too big coincidence and should be definitely looked into. Not sure if she will reply there but hopefully she will look into it.

I scrolled through a bit of the cincinatti missing persons facebook page - I didn't find anyone with the name Schrader. I did see this missing person report with no follow up to state if she was found. The possibility of a patient having clothing items labelled made me look twice, but otherwise no reason to think it could be a match:

Police search for missing psychiatric hospital patient
Jacqulyn Thompson is still listed on Namus.

She was a white, middle-aged woman, and a forensic artist used her skull to create a sketch of what she might look like.

She is believed to be 5’5’’ to 5’8’’. She had shoulder length, light brown hair with some graying.

Whoever buried the woman had wrapped her in cloth and placed a rose on her chest.

Foul play is not suspected.

The woman was wearing gray, silky pajama bottoms and a gray tank top. The name “Schrader” was written in permanent marker on the tag inside the pajama bottoms. A white metal hair stylist-type hair clip was in her hair.

She was wearing silver hoop earrings and three black rope bracelets.

WCPO_Avondale_woman_1541607291414_102517785_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

WCPO_Avondale_woman_bracelet_1541612152810_102537740_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

WCPO_Avondale_woman_earring_1541612152723_102537739_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Hamilton County coroner asks for help identifying body found on May 31

She was wearing silver hoop earrings and three black rope bracelets.

WCPO_Avondale_woman_bracelet_1541612152810_102537740_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

WCPO_Avondale_woman_earring_1541612152723_102537739_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Hamilton County coroner asks for help identifying body found on May 31

Unless her ears were gauged, those are not earrings, they're body jewelry, i.e. naval, eyebrow, etc piercings.
And what they are stating as bracelets, look more like hair elastics to me. My daughters tend to wear them on their wrists like bracelets in case they need to put their hair up.

They state no foul play, but she was wrapped in cloth, with a rose and partially buried??

I scrolled through a bit of the cincinatti missing persons facebook page - I didn't find anyone with the name Schrader. I did see this missing person report with no follow up to state if she was found. The possibility of a patient having clothing items labelled made me look twice, but otherwise no reason to think it could be a match:

Police search for missing psychiatric hospital patient
The picture on NamUS looks spot on for this. Have you turned this in?

The picture on NamUS looks spot on for this. Have you turned this in?

I missed getting back on this thread - I never submit this as a possible tip -please feel free to if you feel it is a possible match. Looking at the artist sketch, I can see a resemblance but less so on the lay reconstruction. I also do NOT see Jacqulyn Thompson listed in NAMUS so I am unsure if she is still truly listed as missing.

Investigators hope facial reconstruction will be key to solving cold case

f9ccd58e-2c28-423f-8713-73b7c896ee48-large16x9_avondalecoldcase.PNG

Cincinnati Police, Hamilton Coroner Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco and Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost will hold a press conference at 10 a.m. Local 12 will stream that press conference live.

Just quoting from that link as it seems small new information was released there. Bolded below by me. Also very beautifully and somewhat unusual way done bust.

===
The woman had medium length, brown and gray hair that was fine and wavy. She was wearing silver barrettes and silver hoop earrings. She also wore gray silky pajama bottoms marked "Schrader" on the tag. She did not have any tattoos or scars. An examination of her remains revealed she likely stood between 5-feet-3-inches and 5-feet-10-inches.

Hamilton County Coroner Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco does not believe the woman's death was a homicide. She had cocaine and morphine in her system. Dr. Sammarco believes the person or people who buried her cared about her. There was a rose on top of her remains.
---
Dr. Sammarco said someone out there knows the woman's identity and she urged anyone with information to come forward.

“We’re not looking to put you behind bars. We just want to know who she is. We want to know who she’s left behind,” Dr. Sammarco said.
====

Edit to add: I wonder if they can guarantee that person will not go to jail. For some reason I doubt it.

Last edited:
Nonprofit working to help authorities identify body of ‘Jane Doe’ found in 2018

A woman found dead and partially buried in Avondale in 2018 is still known only as “Jane Doe," but a local woman who runs a nonprofit is hoping to help solve the mystery.

Hope Dudley runs the organization “U Can Speak For Me” and works as a victim’s advocate. She is no stranger to cold cases as her son’s murder remains unsolved, but she says this case involving Jane Doe is different.

“This is the first time to have this kind of description and not know who she belongs to, and that’s what hurts," Dudley said.
---
A clay facial reconstruction released in July 2019 showed what the woman may have looked like. Believed to be between 35 and 60 years old, officials suspect she was white or biracial.

Investigators said she was wearing jewelry and hair clips, and the word “Schrader" was written on the tag of her gray pajama pants.

Nonprofit working to help authorities identify body of ‘Jane Doe’ found in 2018

Interesting and sad... someone on Facebook posted about her aunt who has been missing for a long time. Wonder if she was in a nursing or psychiatric facility and wandered off.... the photo she posted and some info on the teeth make it possible. Trying to make my photo smaller because the photo really resembles the clay bust.

Attachments

• 8303E257-A244-4F17-B2A5-619E0BD21654.jpeg
    8303E257-A244-4F17-B2A5-619E0BD21654.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 53
I still think this is Jacqulyn Thompson by I haven't been able to call and see if she is still missing.

The fact that she was cared for plus drugs in her system make me think homeless shelter. My mother worked in one and various addictions were really popular there, in spite of no drinking/drugs policy. Many caretakers tried to keep the tenants out of trouble to no avail. Name tag on her clothes and the fact that she was cared for make it even more possible.

I don't believe she was a former mental hospital patient for one reason - the staff would be put under the microscope in case of one of their patients disappearing, at least in Europe. On the other hand, homeless shelters often have people that disappear after a while.

I don't believe it is Jacqulyn Thompson although I did just submit a tip just in case. It looks like Jacqulyn Thompson had a pending court case with Hamilton County in March of 2018 but nothing after that... So I think she was found prior to the body being found

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back