UNSOLVED OH - Columbus, Decomposed human remains found near Big Walnut Creek, Nov'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now in Namus as UP54487
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/54487/details?nav

NamUs #UP54487 Male, Uncertain
Date Body Found November 4, 2018
Location Found Columbus, Ohio
County Franklin County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) 40.0396708, -83.0292932
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery - Human remains located by an individual walking his dog. The bone was protruding from the mud of the riverbank.
Details of Recovery
Head not recovered Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

"We stumble upon this thing that looks like a big tree root coming out of the ground until I realize it has a hand," she said.

The girl, whose mother asked we not identify her, says she was looking for rabbits and frogs near Big Walnut Creek near a relative’s home.

"I saw the skull of the body a couple of feet back but I thought it was a rock though. I had to take a picture to make sure people would believe me," she said.
1d8e6298-580d-4ebd-bc51-7765fd6c442c_1140x641.jpg

She says she couldn't tell if the body was male or female.

Police told her it's likely it could have been here for 6 months.

"Everything was completely decomposed. A head was missing and a leg was missing," she said.

Police said the body was not buried and it is possible it could have floated to this location along the creek.

Neighbors who talked to ABC-6 say there is a homeless camp nearby, and evidence of a recently-lit camp fire were found in the area as well.
*I hope this is the correct thread, I’m trying to replace broken link in OP post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back