DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Clinton Police Department

DATE: Monday, December 30th, 2019

RE: Harley Dilly Update

Good Morning,

WE have NO updates that I can share at this time, if and when we do, I will schedule a Press conference at that time.

Our next scheduled Press conference will be today, Monday, December 30th, 2019 at 3:00 PM…

Thank you,

Chief Robert J. Hickman

I'm new to all this. Harley has really crawled under my skin. Perhaps because he reminds me so much of myself at that age. And of my son. I fear he did something rash. But if so, wouldn't he have been found? I feel so many people failed him. No one searched soon enough. What if he got stuck somewhere? But then I guess they would have found him. I suspect a small town cover up. When school starts back up, more info will probably come out. Why turn away help? And the LE facebook posts sound quite agitated. But I'm just grasping at straws. They may just be overwhelmed and angry because they didn't move quicker.

Kids do run away, and he may choose to stay away. My aunt disappeared for 2 years when she his age. My uncle found her at the beach with her BF one day. However, no back pack in that pic, if it was him, I don't think he planned to run. Did his mom lock him out again? If so he may choose to stay gone til she admits it. If he was mine I would be crying and apologizing for anything I did to make him think running was a better option. She should. No matter what he's a child, she is responsible to fix things.

I would love to say a kid couldn't disappear in a small town without being seen. But nowadays everyone is so unaware of what is actually happening around them, IRL, it is totally possible no one saw anything. This is why I prefer to stare out window, and not at my phone.

I live in a small town roughly the same size, and this has reminded me to pay very close attention to everyone I see. Just in case I may be the last to. We had a 15 yrs old disappear about 17 years ago. They found his remains within a week though.

He was banned from the library. He had the cops called. Guarantee they assumed he's just a troublemaker and didn't look for him in time. Now it's national attention and they're feeling their faults. That town failed that boy.

I watch the news for missing kids, so I saw this story at the first. No major search was done until he didn't come home for Christmas. That is what they assumed would happen. His disappearance was not taken seriously at first and valuable time was lost. I wouldn't want to come home when no one bothered to look for him for days.

Last edited:
I want to think it was Christmas that made them realize something was wrong but I can’t shake the feeling that LE knows some really concerning info they aren’t sharing (I’m sure there’s plenty of info they aren’t sharing, but something truly dramatically alarming). I’m extremely surprised at the response for what seems like easy to shrug off as a troubled runaway kid like the media and LE so often does. It’s bigger than just a lot of social media accounts to bring in FBI and homeland security and publicity to this degree IMO too.

I just feel like something is really wrong here. I can’t stop thinking about Harley. Seems like the whole thing is having the same effect on a lot of people.

JMO.

I had hoped the reinforcements was an encouraging sign that LE had a good idea what was going on. Not sure of anything regarding Harley's disappearance this morning. Still Praying he's safe and warm somewhere and gets in contact with someone he trusts JMO

I guess that's why a site like this exists. To give us the feeling where doing something. I pray for him and cry as if he were my own, but what can we do? It hurts more to think what he may have been thinking. My heart hurts so bad to think he felt unloved or unwanted. Which he certainly would have felt considering NO ONE LOOKED FOR HIM. No matter if he had a tendency to take off, as a parent YOU STILL TRACK HIM DOWN. They just didn't concern themselves enough. I'm sure they love him. And I'm sure they're suffering right how. And rightly so.

Unfortunately, we do not know about Harley.

His parents remind me of mine. God this is killing me. Oh, Harley . I'm so sorry for your pain.

I had hoped the reinforcements was an encouraging sign that LE had a good idea what was going on. Not sure of anything regarding Harley's disappearance this morning. Still Praying he's safe and warm somewhere and gets in contact with someone he trusts JMO

I hope so. I do believe we are all sensing guilt. But I believe it's guilt because they didn't work faster. There is simply no denying that fact.

Welcome Sissy123 ! Glad to have you here, we don't give up here ! Amazing group of individuals on WS

Thank you. I've actually been following the thread for a few days and think you are all a wonderful group. I had to join in.

As I had said, I follow a lot of missing kids. Most don't effect me as deep as Harley. Little dude has really hit my heart. I'm praying everyday for a miracle.

• Are the parents still cooperating with police? - "I have no comment."

holy hell! would he have to say ‘no comment’ regardless of the answer?!? Because for that not to be a definite yes is heartbreaking![/QUOTE]

The next day he corrected himself and said they were and had been cooperating from the start.

I hope so. I do believe we are all sensing guilt. But I believe it's guilt because they didn't work faster. There is simply no denying that fact.
I grew up around police officers and while they do make mistakes, for the most part, they have big hearts and do the best they can with the information given them. Most departments are understaffed and overwhelmed.

• Are the parents still cooperating with police? - "I have no comment."

holy hell! would he have to say ‘no comment’ regardless of the answer?!? Because for that not to be a definite yes is heartbreaking![/QUOTE]

Was this from the presser? Is there a link? Thank you.

I grew up around police officers and while they do make mistakes, for the most part, they have big hearts and do the best they can with the information given them. Most departments are understaffed and overwhelmed.

The parents didn’t report Harley missing for 41 hours. The lag time in starting a search for Harley wasn’t police.

1. I don't have a link and I do not know how to send a YouTube link.

2. @Bellicent posted something about a you tube post that morning but there was no link so I'm trying to verify if that is accurate.

3. We don't know if a possible abductor could have possibly made him shut down the youtubes.

4. In my own mind, I believe that all the press conference vagaries by LE are probably because they do know about them and that's why FBI and the Marshalls were called in and why they don't want to make their knowledge known to the public. They need time to trace all the IPs and forensics and may even be watching some suspects. BUT I don't like to make assumptions in a case like this and LE should be notified if there are YouTube videos that were removed. So if someone in this thread has links or if someone has them downloaded, I think they should let LE know due to number 3 above.
Sorry I did not say he posted a video just that he has used that type of social media on a frequent basis
Sorry for any misunderstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member