OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bare with me here...this is my first post here and I don’t use forums much...being an Ohioan myself, this case really caught my interest...I did not see the videos that they took down but the ones that are there could hold some information...I forget which one it was but there are a couple of people that send him messages during his live gaming feeds and he talks about a person named “let peeps” that keeps bullying him and his friends and a couple of them tell their YouTube viewers to unsubscribe to this person. They also call out a couple YouTubers for doing shady things like clickbaiting and creating alternative accounts to boost their viewership numbers. Could he have possibly angered the wrong person by calling them out? In the videos you can also see what discord server he is using. Has anyone attempted to get on there? A lot of people use discord and a lot of them are pretty tech savvy. If he angered someone with networking skills they could find him pretty easily. Just a thought!

They wouldnt even need networking skills really,Harley did everything apart from give out his physical address online,anyone e could have found him if they really wanted to:(

BBM

Harley Dilly Update, Monday, January 6th, 2020
20 minutes ago

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

We are completing our aerial searches today with the assistance of Texas EquuSearch, with the cooperation of the Ohio State Highway Patrol and United States Customs and Border Protection.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

Please allow us to finish our aerial searches today, and then if wish to assist with searching, please do!

Please don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio Division of Natural Resources
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
Texas EquuSearch
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

Port Clinton Police Department
Yesss Texas Equusearch. Finally. I wonder what took so long to except help from them.

It would be nice if LAW ENFORCEMENT was involved with & helped facilitate the volunteer search.
Like a grid map & someone keeping track of cleared areas, what to look for. Etc....
I guess that’s too much to ask?
I’m thrilled TES is there.
What to do if someone FINDS something, recently moved dirt or a pair of glasses, a shoe...

I'm just thinking and wondering about Harley. I think he either planned a meet up with someone he though he could trust to help him runaway because he was upset in the heat of the moment and this person had other intentions for him or...he's just chatty and friendly and open enough that if someone stopped him on the street and asked him for directions or anything he was go right up to that car or van in order to be helpful and was nabbed. But he could have literally gotten in to the vehicle on his own if they offered him a ride. Sometimes I get the vibe from him that he's very smart but not smart enough to NOT give out his personal info all over the internet.

I think there was definitely some issues at home but I feel that his mom might have been very manipulating regarding his feelings and definitely guilted him into a lot of things. I think that guilt would have brought him home already if he ran away and is staying away on his own. Also if Texas Equisearch is involved now, there must be a reason to believe he wandered off into a more rural location.

BBM

Harley Dilly Update, Monday, January 6th, 2020
20 minutes ago

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

We are completing our aerial searches today with the assistance of Texas EquuSearch, with the cooperation of the Ohio State Highway Patrol and United States Customs and Border Protection.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

Please allow us to finish our aerial searches today, and then if wish to assist with searching, please do!

Please don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio Division of Natural Resources
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
Texas EquuSearch
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

Port Clinton Police Department

TexasEq .... Finally.

TexasEq .... Finally.
J just wish they would have allowed volunteers during the holiday break. Many of us were off from work and would have loved to have helped find this young person. It is very sunny in Northwest Ohio today with a warmer than usual forecast. I do hope people are out and looking today with success. Prayers for Harley.

They wouldnt even need networking skills really,Harley did everything apart from give out his physical address online,anyone e could have found him if they really wanted to:(

Yes, exactly. Pretty broad range of suspects...just wanted to see if anyone has thought of that as a motive. I also thought maybe if things were stressful at home and with his phone being taken away or broken... He was probably very angry, could he just have runaway? Idk, seems like a long time to be gone though...what kid misses Christmas?!

I'm just thinking and wondering about Harley. I think he either planned a meet up with someone he though he could trust to help him runaway because he was upset in the heat of the moment and this person had other intentions for him or...he's just chatty and friendly and open enough that if someone stopped him on the street and asked him for directions or anything he was go right up to that car or van in order to be helpful and was nabbed. But he could have literally gotten in to the vehicle on his own if they offered him a ride. Sometimes I get the vibe from him that he's very smart but not smart enough to NOT give out his personal info all over the internet.

I think there was definitely some issues at home but I feel that his mom might have been very manipulating regarding his feelings and definitely guilted him into a lot of things. I think that guilt would have brought him home already if he ran away and is staying away on his own. Also if Texas Equisearch is involved now, there must be a reason to believe he wandered off into a more rural location.
He has been reported as not warming up easily to strangers and not looking people in the eye. It was meant as info on how to approach him if he was encountered. This makes me think that a random stranger encounter isn’t as likely as some other scenarios.

Very happy to see TES is now involved....I have soooo much respect for Tim and his organization.

Although...sadly, it means they must believe poor Harley is deceased....because TES generally is searching for a body.

And that is absolutely heartbreaking.

I've gone through hd's social media, watched some of the videos posted on here. Theres certainly some dubious people following him..."Matthew" and some others. Everything feels like he might have met up with an internet "friend", who knows, he might have been offered a new phone by someone.

What I cant get straight though is that he told his mother he wanted to stay at home that day....because he was sick. Unless he just planned on sneaking out on his own later I guess

He has been reported as not warming up easily to strangers and not looking people in the eye. It was meant as info on how to approach him if he was encountered. This makes me think that a random stranger encounter isn’t as likely as some other scenarios.

Thank you. I don't remember seeing that. That does make a difference. It's like he could be who he really was through social media but not in real life because I don't feel like he had a problem being out there and making videos for the whole world to see.

J just wish they would have allowed volunteers during the holiday break. Many of us were off from work and would have loved to have helped find this young person. It is very sunny in Northwest Ohio today with a warmer than usual forecast. I do hope people are out and looking today with success. Prayers for Harley.

Why didn't they allow a search ?? Why now??

Why didn't they allow a search ?? Why now??

This is pure conjecture, since LE hasn't addressed these questions, but I suspect that with 18 separate agencies (& now TES) involved in the investigation into HD's disappearance, LE has had enough professional resources available to conduct comprehensive searches of the area close to HD's home as well as any other geographic areas of interest to them.

With the amount of manpower and search tools at LE's disposal, including local, state and federal agencies, they made the determination that inviting the public's participation would have been more of a hindrance than a help.

Why now?

I think the answer to that is that LE has concluded that once TES completes aerial searches, they will have exhaustively searched the locations they had reason to believe were likely spots, and came up empty.

Unfortunately, searches like this can't go on indefinitely.
They eat up both $$$ and manpower.

The public is likely now being asked/invited to search because LE is at a point of scaling back their own search efforts.

The fact that no sign of HD has surfaced despite the extensive searches (sadly) leads me back to where I always end up in my mind's eye:

Water.

JMO and HIW (Hope I'm Wrong)

*** REWARD UPDATE #2, Monday, January 6th, 2020 ***

$17,555.00 for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received a check for $455.00 from the Friends of Liberty Aviation Museum.

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received a check for $1,000.00 from an anonymous donor.

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received a check for $5,925.00 from monies collected from residents of our community, and complete strangers from Ohio and the rest of the Country through Fisherman’s Wharf “” page.

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $100.00 from William Buskey.

On Saturday, January 4th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $250.00 from Dwight D. Ramsdell.

On Friday, January 3rd, 2020, we received a check for $500.00 from Firelands Plumbing, LLC.

On Thursday, January 2nd, 2020, we received a check for $2,200.00 from RadAir Complete Car Care.

On Monday, December 30th, 2019 we received a check for $125.00 from Catawba Island Jewelers.

On Saturday, December 28th, 2019 we received a check for $2,000.00 from the owners and employees of Fisherman’s Wharf and BeYoutiful Hair/Nail Salon.

On Thursday, December 26th, 2019 we received a check for $1,000.00 from Susan & James Waingrow.

We have just been contacted by the Sandusky Co-Founder of Bikers Against Abused And Neglected Children (B.A.A.N.C.), who have graciously committed an additional $2,000.00 to the REWARD regarding information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY...

The Port Clinton Police Department along with Ottawa County Prosecutor, James VanEerten is offering a $2,000.00 REWARD for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY…

I thought this info was put out by the mother in conjunction with her saying he is autistic and low functioning?

Sitting on hands here :rolleyes: but not blind to HD's obviously high functioning, loquacious, gregarious behaviors including giving out his phone number on youtube and asking any stranger to call him.

He is not autistic. He did not wander away and unwittingly stumble into the pretty, fascinating water. If HD is found in water, then someone dumped him there or he suicided IMO.

If HD ran away, and that blurred photo is HD, then he left without any worldly possessions? No change of socks, no toothbrush, no backpack, did not take cash from mom's wallet... what teen runs away like that?

Whole post is IMOO.

New here and have a lot of reading to do but one thing I keep thinking about...does his high school not have a uniform? Are students allowed to wear sweatpants to school? If he is supposed to be in uniform, then it seems he was never planning on going to school that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member