OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The friend’s house? Next door? A block away?

What about other cameras/ring doorbells from that house to his house?

Wonder if the neighborhood is on Nextdoor.
I heard that ring cameras etc. only pick up when someone approaches the house, not when someone walks by on a side walk.

I’m curious if there is any insight into how Harley was in person (socially) we can see he was open, trusting and social on social media, was he the same in person? I’m curious if he would easily strike up conversation with a stranger or accept a ride from someone he didn’t know? Most kids will tell their life story on their SM but are a little more awkward in person. I feel in my heart someone took him and there is a lot of speculation of an online predator. Would he agree to meet up with another “14yo friend” he met online and then get in the car with the “dad” who explains the friend was at a different location or would it be more likely he was meeting up with someone he actually knew. Assuming he did meet up with someone...

I heard that ring cameras etc. only pick up when someone approaches the house, not when someone walks by on a side walk.
People are asking others who have a dash cam that live in that area who were possibly near that area at the time he disappeared to check their micro card, I have a dash cam but I live 905 miles away. But, that is a good idea

I’m curious if there is any insight into how Harley was in person (socially) we can see he was open, trusting and social on social media, was he the same in person? I’m curious if he would easily strike up conversation with a stranger or accept a ride from someone he didn’t know? Most kids will tell their life story on their SM but are a little more awkward in person. I feel in my heart someone took him and there is a lot of speculation of an online predator. Would he agree to meet up with another “14yo friend” he met online and then get in the car with the “dad” who explains the friend was at a different location or would it be more likely he was meeting up with someone he actually knew. Assuming he did meet up with someone...

He appears outgoing, comfortable at school interacting with everyone and could give as good as he got there. Teasing & such. lots of self confidence. I find it hard to believe, he would walk outside and completely shut down & be shy.

Like Ariel Castro. Two of the girls he aducted knew his daughter. So they didn't think anything about getting in his car with him.

I agree completely. But, don't forget a typical 14 year old is not talking very much. They come home from school and disappear in their room. They come out when they are hungry.... Maybe the mother didn't even realize that he was not there. They went out for dinner for dinner on Friday night (correct me if this is wrong). Who was watching his little brother? Was there a babysitter at the house?

The parents knew he didn't come home, but apparently weren't worried that they didn't know where he was or expect to hear from him because they had his phone. If this was a pattern, I wonder where he usually went away when he didn't go home? In one of the Chief's first comments he said:

This is the not the first time Harley has left home. At the time of his disappearance, Harley’s phone had been taken away by his parents, which may have upset him.

“In the past, when [he and his family] have a conflict in the residence, Harley will go away for the night,” Hickman said, adding that Harley’s parents didn’t worry about not hearing from him until the following day because they had his phone.

Ohio Boy, 14, Hasn't Been Seen Since He Left for School a Week Ago

Then later it's reported that his phone was broken so who knows.

OH you should have heard the TONE she used.

News 5 Cleveland this is from their youtube channel since that's what came up when I clicked the MSM link

time stamp 1:15 is where she talks about speaking to him vs seeing him and the look on her face....
Thank you for posting. I think I previously saw a much shorter version, so this clip confirms what I saw: no tears. She is one of those people whose face easily turns red just by squishing it up. Then when she changes topic and relaxes her face, the redness completely disappears, instantly. The voice croaking is not very convincing to me either since she shifts in and out of that, too. I have been with deeply grieving people and I just don't see it here. That's JMO of her appearance on MSM TV.

ITA the hair looks bushy or curly, and too big on top.

IMO the individual has the hood of the coat up and is a little taller than 4'9, just the angle makes them look shorter. But hey what do I know. I'm not a fashion expert, but I don't see glasses and whomever this person is, their stance seems a bit staged. Look at other images of HD when he's sitting, his posture is straight, there is a video of him walking to school on April 19th, he doesn't slouch like that, and is it just me or does that person have a bag on their back? HD didn't carry one from the looks of it in the video I'm referring to

it's a 5 min vlog, think that's as long as it took him to get to school not sure since he didn't say he was at school when he ended, just said he was mentally unstable and unsturdy at the end and this was back in 2018. yeah April 19, 2018 and he was telling people he was mentally unstable and unsturdy, poor kid.

Anyway, here he is walking with his head down a little b/c he is talking to the camera on his phone, but in that pic that is known as the "last pic of HD" the person doesn't have glasses that I can tell. The ones HD wears you would be able to tell because they stick out a bit on the side. (yes I wear glasses and know how to see glasses in an image. sit in a dispatch chair for abt 4 hours a few days a week due to boredom you learn these things)

Oh I must have missed that part of the presser, so they have video of him going to school the other days that week? Do you happen to remember which presser, I'd really like to watch it, thanks!
Here is a link to an article which has embedded in it, all the press conferences in chronological order. It’s the 12/26 presser at 3 pm - about 4:45 minute mark is when he starts talking about it for a few minutes.
Reward rises to more than $17K for information on missing teen Harley Dilly

IMO the individual has the hood of the coat up and is a little taller than 4'9, just the angle makes them look shorter. But hey what do I know. I'm not a fashion expert, but I don't see glasses and whomever this person is, their stance seems a bit staged. Look at other images of HD when he's sitting, his posture is straight, there is a video of him walking to school on April 19th, he doesn't slouch like that, and is it just me or does that person have a bag on their back? HD didn't carry one from the looks of it in the video I'm referring to

it's a 5 min vlog, think that's as long as it took him to get to school not sure since he didn't say he was at school when he ended, just said he was mentally unstable and unsturdy at the end and this was back in 2018. yeah April 19, 2018 and he was telling people he was mentally unstable and unsturdy, poor kid.

Anyway, here he is walking with his head down a little b/c he is talking to the camera on his phone, but in that pic that is known as the "last pic of HD" the person doesn't have glasses that I can tell. The ones HD wears you would be able to tell because they stick out a bit on the side. (yes I wear glasses and know how to see glasses in an image. sit in a dispatch chair for abt 4 hours a few days a week due to boredom you learn these things)

A few days ago I watched this video all the way through and it's been in the back of my mind ever since because at the 2:37mark Harley mentions that hes "been doing shrooms lately" ... I was really surprised to hear that and am wondering if that is what he actually says?

Is there any other evidence he may have started experimenting with recreational drugs?

A few days ago I watched this video all the way through and it's been in the back of my mind ever since because at the 2:37mark Harley mentions that hes "been doing shrooms lately" ... I was really surprised to hear that and am wondering if that is what he actually says?

Is there any other evidence he may have started experimenting with recreational drugs?

He says “streams”

Someone with more experience than
I might be able to comment on whether sniffer dogs would have been used to corroborate his last movements i.e. follow that trail down where the last image was supposed to have been taken?
I know they mentioned the dogs had been inside the house, but not outside?

OH you should have heard the TONE she used.

News 5 Cleveland this is from their youtube channel since that's what came up when I clicked the MSM link

time stamp 1:15 is where she talks about speaking to him vs seeing him and the look on her face....
Thanks for posting this.
The thread is moving swiftly and I'm trying to catch up.

Saving this as it can be watched later.
Interesting.

Someone with more experience than
I might be able to comment on whether sniffer dogs would have been used to corroborate his last movements i.e. follow that trail down where the last image was supposed to have been taken?
I know they mentioned the dogs had been inside the house, but not outside?
If they used dogs inside the house, not outside, then they were probably cadaver dogs---making sure there was no scent of a crime scene or dead body inside. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member