Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that they'd have knocked on every door nearby Harley's house and questioned those neighbors. And when nobody answered at the unoccupied house, they'd have went back and tried again. And if nobody answered there again, then they'd follow up on that, too. Like try again until they get somebody or try to contact the owner. Apparently they had no trouble contacting the owner yesterday to get permission to search..

So, the explanation that LE didn't know until yesterday that it was unoccupied is ridiculous if they were doing actual police work trying to find Harley. I mean, what, did they just go "Welp, I guess those people aren't going to talk to us. Moving on!" after nobody answered the door there..?

my opinion only
Even Barney Fife would make sure that house got checked.
MOO

I would think that they'd have knocked on every door nearby Harley's house and questioned those neighbors. And when nobody answered at the unoccupied house, they'd have went back and tried again. And if nobody answered there again, then they'd follow up on that, too. Like try again until they get somebody or try to contact the owner. Apparently they had no trouble contacting the owner yesterday to get permission to search..

So, the explanation that LE didn't know until yesterday that it was unoccupied is ridiculous if they were doing actual police work trying to find Harley. I mean, what, did they just go "Welp, I guess those people aren't going to talk to us. Moving on!" after nobody answered the door there..?

my opinion only
Even Barney Fife would make sure that house got checked.
MOO

That's just awful. What a terrible tragedy.

There will be a lot of second guessing and finger pointing, I'm sure. The failure to report early on, the way the investigation was handled, just the general lack of urgency, but I hope he did not suffer. I can't bear to think of him stuck there, scared and cold, for however long before he passed. God, this is just absolutely gut wrenching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke