OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This poor childs circumstances have truly affected me. With that being said, we don't know if the father who in above MSM articles saying " she killed my son" and yet, we don't when the last time he saw his kid, we don't know if he paid child support. I'm not placing blame on anyone other then what we are seeing but I'm not letting anyone else off the hook either. This is so unbelievable heartbreaking, he was failed by many. ALL IMO

James Hutchinson’s mother, accused killer asked relatives to take her children, but changed her mind [Exclusive] – Crime Online

The boy’s aunt said that her family, including James’s father, have not seen James or the other children since spring 2020.
She said that police ordered Lewis Hutchinson to give his son to Gosney sometime before May.

Since then, Farley claims that Gosney has on multiple occasions contacted Hutchinson and Gosney’s sister to come take the children, but has changed her mind once either arrived to pick up the children.

The last time someone saw James alive was in a facetime a month prior.

Confused, devastated: Suspect’s sister reacts to death of 6-year-old boy

It has been about a month since Heather said she last saw Hutchinson, which was on a video call. She says her sister blocked her and the rest of the family not long after the call.

I'm just getting vibes of a child and siblings who were let down by everyone.
But maybe the aunt did try to contact James and the other children and wasn't allowed to speak to them ? In which case-- I wonder if the aunt tried to reach out to LE and it was useless ?
So many questions.

Imo.

Just saw this -- Please forgive if it's a repeat --
She and the most-important-person-in-her-life are lower than low. What a couple.

Mom Allegedly Killed Boy She Didn't Want, and Dad Says 'All She Had to Do Was Give Him to Me'
First-grader James Hutchinson, 6, was killed after he was dragged by his mother's minivan
By KC Baker
March 04, 2021 01:05 PM
Chilling new details have emerged in the case of the Ohio mother accused of killing her 6-year-old son and throwing his body in the icy Ohio River last week.
Brittany Gosney, 29, of Middletown, told police she was pressured to "get rid of" her kids by her boyfriend, James Hamilton, 42, according to a shocking Preble County Sheriff's Office incident report obtained by the Journal-News, WKRC and The Daily Beast.
[...]
A recently released incident report from the PCSO says Gosney told police she was under pressure to "get rid of" her kids – Hutchinson and his two siblings, ages 9 and 7, the Journal-News reports.
[...]
When she found the boy lying in the road, she told authorities she thought he was dead, according to the documents.
"Brittany then loaded the 2 live children and Hutchinson back into the vehicle and returned to her and Hamilton's residence." the PCSO incident report says, The Daily Beast reports.
-----------------------------
More here:

Ohio Mother Accused of Killing Son Pressured to 'Get Rid Of' Him by Boyfriend, Say Police
So she DID leave all three kids at the park, but went back and when she found sweet James deceased, she decided to let the other two kids back in the vehicle? I wonder if the other two children were left home alone when they disposed of his body, or if the kids got to come along on that joy ride as well? They’d already been abandoned at a park in the middle of the night, seen their brother killed, were left there with his body, then got to ride home with him in the car!!! Why not bring them along on the body dump, too? They couldn’t possibly be any more traumatized!

I’m so mad, it’s beyond rage and fury.

What's frustrating is that we have other threads here where adoptive parents harmed their kids and the bio moms are claiming they were removed from their care for "minor" reasons. Then we have threads like this where we're left shaking our heads that CPS didn't remove kids.

It's like a never-ending maze of trying to do what's best for the children. I agree with posters here that surrendering children of any age when a parent feels overwhelmed, even if only temporarily until support could be put in place, is a good idea. Respite care would allow CPS to investigate and help parents in need and at the same time assess homes where the children should be removed.

I know it'll never be perfect but for pity sakes there's got to be changes. MOO. Poor James, another innocent child treated like an unwanted animal. :(
Agree with everything you say. I can't understand why have children if you are not prepared to love and care for them no matter what. I know they can be very tiring emotionally and physically I have 5 kids and 8 grandchildren they are a blessing not something to abuse and murder. MOO

There was a little boy in the Cleveland area who was abandoned in a cemetery with his dog by his mother a couple days before Christmas. It was all over the news here. I wonder if that's where they got their inspiration. A neighbor observed that boy being abandoned and called the police, and he was reunited with his father.

There was a little boy in the Cleveland area who was abandoned in a cemetery with his dog by his mother a couple days before Christmas. It was all over the news here. I wonder if that's where they got their inspiration. A neighbor observed that boy being abandoned and called the police, and he was reunited with his father.
I remember this! Monsters!

I feel this is more psychologically complex than she didn't want to be a mom anymore, or she lashed out on a difficult parenting day, or she just went along with what her boyfriend said to please him.

James was said to be a sweet wonderful boy. Her partner sounds abusive and evil. I think she had such low self-esteem and disliked herself so much to choose this abusive relationship - and to choose it over her babies - and she destroyed James and didn't feel guilty because he was what she believed she wasn't and couldn't ever be - lovable, likable, a child everyone adored.

Occasionally I think people who feel like garbage inside their whole lives begin to act that way.

I'm not saying I feel sorry for her, but just that I think this must go back decades, the mindset that lets someone hurt their children like this. She can't just try to blame her boyfriend now.

I feel this is more psychologically complex than she didn't want to be a mom anymore, or she lashed out on a difficult parenting day, or she just went along with what her boyfriend said to please him.

James was said to be a sweet wonderful boy. Her partner sounds abusive and evil. I think she had such low self-esteem and disliked herself so much to choose this abusive relationship - and to choose it over her babies - and she destroyed James and didn't feel guilty because he was what she believed she wasn't and couldn't ever be - lovable, likable, a child everyone adored.

Occasionally I think people who feel like garbage inside their whole lives begin to act that way.

I'm not saying I feel sorry for her, but just that I think this must go back decades, the mindset that lets someone hurt their children like this. She can't just try to blame her boyfriend now.
You know, every time I see a story similar to this I shudder thinking what perfect storm brings two people like this together, allowing things like this happen over and over again around the country. It’s rather sick.
I am trying a million ways to wrap my head around this “drop your kids in a park in the middle of the night unplanned” idea came about. Like all of a sudden it’s Friday night and you’re thinking “ok, that’s it. It’s time to get rid of them for good. Let’s go leave them in a park where they can’t find a way home.” It is early Saturday morning. There will be rangers or visitors in a matter of hours. The kids are old enough to know where they live. How does this make any sense at all? It’s driving me nuts. Unless
It was drug induced delusion. MOO JMO

The grand jury levied 16 charges against Gosney, of Middleton, Ohio, including murder, involuntary manslaughter, kidnapping, child endangering, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

Hamilton is facing 15 charges, which include kidnapping, abduction, gross abuse of a corpse, child endangering and tampering with evidence.
“Every child is deserving of love. As a Middie family, we loved James dearly and we will continue to love Rachel and Lucas. There is hope for a brighter future,” Marlon Styles, Jr., Superintendent of Middletown City School District, said in a news release, according to WDTN-TV.

Gosney remains in custody on a $1 million bond; Hamilton also is behind bars on a $105,000 bond, WKRC-TV reports.
James Hutchinson: Dozens of charges for mom, boyfriend in brutal murder of 6-year-old boy; river search to resume Sunday

You know, every time I see a story similar to this I shudder thinking what perfect storm brings two people like this together, allowing things like this happen over and over again around the country. It’s rather sick.
I am trying a million ways to wrap my head around this “drop your kids in a park in the middle of the night unplanned” idea came about. Like all of a sudden it’s Friday night and you’re thinking “ok, that’s it. It’s time to get rid of them for good. Let’s go leave them in a park where they can’t find a way home.” It is early Saturday morning. There will be rangers or visitors in a matter of hours. The kids are old enough to know where they live. How does this make any sense at all? It’s driving me nuts. Unless
It was drug induced delusion.
MOO JMO
bbm
I think that's entirely possible.
MOO

IMO there's another perplexing psychological aspect in this mix and that's trying to understand why the mother changed her mind after asking her sister to take her kids on previous occasions (per @LietKynes post upthread).

Since then, Farley claims that Gosney has on multiple occasions contacted Hutchinson and Gosney’s sister to come take the children, but has changed her mind once either arrived to pick up the children.

To me, so JMOO, it sounds like something we often see in cases here where a caregiver either can't care for their kids or don't want them but at the same time doesn't want anyone else, be it a relative or CPS, to have them.

I don't understand that mindset and all I can only speculate that it's about possession or control. How many times have we seen a parent murder their children rather than give them to someone who loves them and is willing to raise them?

In some cases it's about revenge but that doesn't seem to be the case here. So why didn't the mother hand her kids over?

Sigh. :(

IMO there's another perplexing psychological aspect in this mix and that's trying to understand why the mother changed her mind after asking her sister to take her kids on previous occasions (per @LietKynes post upthread).

To me, so JMOO, it sounds like something we often see in cases here where a caregiver either can't care for their kids or don't want them but at the same time doesn't want anyone else, be it a relative or CPS, to have them.

I don't understand that mindset and all I can only speculate that it's about possession or control. How many times have we seen a parent murder their children rather than give them to someone who loves them and is willing to raise them?

In some cases it's about revenge but that doesn't seem to be the case here. So why didn't the mother hand her kids over?

Sigh. :(
In my own opinion. Whoever has custody gets monthly benefits. So, take my kids but you won't have custody of them in this case.

I completely agree, and also feel that drugs and/or addiction possibly played a role.

I could care less about a drug problem for these two. Just remember, she meant to drop off all her kids and only James was outside of the car.Let 's face it, he didn't go quietly. He had to have screamed in pain and his siblings heard it. I have nothing for these two and you can bet he was more involved that what is being reported. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back