OH OH - Jane Gault, 17, Barberton, 14 March 1982

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today, I contacted a lot of cold case squads who all kept referring me to the Ohio State Police. Ok, so I submitted and called the Ohio State Police who promptly recommended I contact the Summit County Sheriffs department about Jane. I did. I am waiting for a call back from one of their detectives. Anyone want to place bets on whether they'll recommend I contact the Barberton police or not? LOL!!! Hopefully the buck stops here. I left a very detailed message with them and specifically told the secretary to have them contact me first before anyone else as chiefy keeps telling everyone she drowned and chasing them away. I feel confidence in the Summit County Sheriffs department, they seem like they've always did real fine work in Ohio so I hold onto hope. Oh and by the way to anyone who ever thought I'd put myself in danger, I wouldn't, I just wanted to get all of the information I could before turning this over to someone who can do something about it. Believe me, I want to be here to see this happen!!!

Good for you upallnite! Please keep us updated. And yes, we do worry :D.
If I may make a suggestion: Because we know what the Chief is going to say, LOL, you are probably just a relative who doesn't want to accept it was an accidental drowning- why don't you make copies of all the reports and statements from the people you have talked to, and mail them- certified, return reciept requested- to Summit Co. Phone calls can be "lost". But written word is harder to hide. May want to wait a couple of days though til you see if you get the name of a detective to send to.

mysteriew said:
Good for you upallnite! Please keep us updated. And yes, we do worry :D.
If I may make a suggestion: Because we know what the Chief is going to say, LOL, you are probably just a relative who doesn't want to accept it was an accidental drowning- why don't you make copies of all the reports and statements from the people you have talked to, and mail them- certified, return reciept requested- to Summit Co. Phone calls can be "lost". But written word is harder to hide. May want to wait a couple of days though til you see if you get the name of a detective to send to.
That's what I am going to do, I left on the message that I had all of this stuff and they can look at it first and see what they think and see if they want to even contact the B.P.D or not. That chief has really put a bug up my butt.

I hope they speak to you before speaking to Chiefy, he probably has his response recorded by now. "Press 1 for Reports, press 2 for Detectives, press 3 to hear how Jane Gault's death was accidental..."

Am I getting cynical?

shadowangel said:
I hope they speak to you before speaking to Chiefy, he probably has his response recorded by now. "Press 1 for Reports, press 2 for Detectives, press 3 to hear how Jane Gault's death was accidental..."

Am I getting cynical?
:laugh: OMG, I just was thinking the same thing earlier today. That is so funny SHADOWANGEL!!!!

They will have to talk to the chief eventually, but it would be nice if they had had a chance to read all of the material first. How far away from them are you?
upallnite, promise me you won't answer your door or go anywhere alone while this is going on.

mysteriew said:
They will have to talk to the chief eventually, but it would be nice if they had had a chance to read all of the material first. How far away from them are you?
upallnite, promise me you won't answer your door or go anywhere alone while this is going on.
Go anywhere? Are you serious? Ok, how bout I wear a disguise? LOL!!! Don't worry, if they do anything to me, they'll look a thousand times guiltier and I think they know that. The summit county sheriffs department is very close to Akron. I can e-mail them all of this stuff or they can do like that Akron detective did and just take the case numbers and call all of it up themselves.My sisters know about this, my brother knows about this, many law officials know about this because I made them sit through all of the details before they directed me to the State Police, you guys all know about it, maybe soon the media will know about it. Don't worry!!!:innocent:

Like I told you, K, patience ain't my big thing, either. I think you've paced yourself pretty well on this thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the sherrif's dep't. Did you mention the other girl found in the canal?

Don't forget us little people when the book makes it to #1...

shadowangel said:
Like I told you, K, patience ain't my big thing, either. I think you've paced yourself pretty well on this thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the sherrif's dep't. Did you mention the other girl found in the canal?

Don't forget us little people when the book makes it to #1...
I made that poor secretary listen to THE WHOLE THING, constantly saying I was doing this so they called me first so I can tell them this. She understood what I was saying. Yes, I told her about other girl, she was familiar with Flenoury case. Wonder if it's been solved?

If you haven't heard back from that detective yet, you might want to give her a call now. You can use the fact that you have called Summit County as your excuse for calling her back.

I called the Summit County Sheriffs desk back, the secretary told me none of the detectives ever came back so they'd probably call me in the morning. The wheels of justice rolling right along. Anyways, I thought about calling that detective back several times, but I can find out about the case by doing web searches and I relly don't think it's connected to my sister so I really wouldn't know what to say anyways.

Well, I figured I was going to get this. Summit County called me back and told me I am going to have to get an attorney to force Barberton to look into the case. State police had told me if I get no cooperation with Summit County to call them back and they would look into it so I guess I'll do that tomorrow. GEEZ!!! That guy didn't seem very nice at all, boy am I disillusioned.

upallnite said:
Well, I figured I was going to get this. Summit County called me back and told me I am going to have to get an attorney to force Barberton to look into the case. State police had told me if I get no cooperation with Summit County to call them back and they would look into it so I guess I'll do that tomorrow. GEEZ!!! That guy didn't seem very nice at all, boy am I disillusioned.

I was afraid this was going to happen. Keep trying with the State police and if that doesn't work see if there is a victim's advocacy group of lawyers. Maybe one of the lawyers here could help you locate the help you need.

upallnite said:
Ok, so call them back. Be sure that you talk to the same person. I figured this is the way it would go. People don't want to step on toes. It's OK, you are still moving forward, keep that chin up, you are doing great.

upallnite said:
I wouldn't get too down about this, its to be expected. He may have fielded calls like this before--looking into cold cases becomes a hobby for some people (ahem...)

I know you got a PM from a lawyer on here that was willing to help, and I know CyberLaw is also a lawyer and Blueclouds used to work in victim advocacy.

Maybe the State Police will assist...Or step it up to the media route. (Okay, I hear you yelling, Mysteriew-relax, we have Kristy the Warrior Princess here!)

shadowangel said:
I wouldn't get too down about this, its to be expected. He may have fielded calls like this before--looking into cold cases becomes a hobby for some people (ahem...)

I know you got a PM from a lawyer on here that was willing to help, and I know CyberLaw is also a lawyer and Blueclouds used to work in victim advocacy.

Maybe the State Police will assist...Or step it up to the media route. (Okay, I hear you yelling, Mysteriew-relax, we have Kristy the Warrior Princess here!)

I know, I know Mama worries too much :D. Just make sure all your doors and windows are locked, double check them, and do NOT answer that door to a stranger or anyone you weren't expecting. If LE wants you, they can call you and make an appt for you to come in.
LOL, I will try to relax, if upallnite promises to be extra careful.

I'm not giving up. The Sheriff spoke to said, after I told him everything I know, that I need evidence for him to even consider reopening this, he also refused to look at the evidence that I do have. HMMMM. I think he was tired.

upallnite said:
I'm not giving up. The Sheriff spoke to said, after I told him everything I know, that I need evidence for him to even consider reopening this, he also refused to look at the evidence that I do have. HMMMM. I think he was tired.

LOL, you are just a young pup that listens to too much family gossip :innocent:
I agree recontact the Summit Co. and I would also do as I outlined above to both the sherrif and the patrol. If you don't send them to paperwork, then it is just your word against his. The offical line will be- I told her to send me the paperwork, and she never did. When they see the return reciept requested, they then know you are keeping track.

mysteriew said:
LOL, you are just a young pup that listens to too much family gossip :innocent:
I agree recontact the Summit Co. and I would also do as I outlined above to both the sherrif and the patrol. If you don't send them to paperwork, then it is just your word against his. The offical line will be- I told her to send me the paperwork, and she never did. When they see the return reciept requested, they then know you are keeping track.
That's smart, I didn't think of it that way. Maybe he might actually read it too!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back