OH OH - Jane Gault, 17, Barberton, 14 March 1982

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Saturday, April 08, 2000

[font=arial,helvetica]FBI to check killers' history[/font] [font=arial,helvetica][/font]

BY JOHN SEEWER
The Associated Press

TOLEDO, Ohio — Federal authorities want to know if two brothers who admitted to a Toledo killing spree had any involvement with unsolved slayings outside Ohio.

FBI agents will meet Lucas County officials Monday to look at information from the investigation into Anthony and Nathaniel Cook. The brothers this week acknowledged taking part in the slayings of nine people during the 1970s and early 1980s.
<snip>
Anthony Cook, 51, said he was involved in all nine slayings, meaning he either killed the victims or encouraged his brother to do so. Nathaniel Cook, 42, admitted he had a role in three killings.

Both brothers were long-haul truck drivers and spent time in several states, said Frank Stiles, an investigator with the Lucas County Prosecu tor's Office. Anthony Cook spent time driving through Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Texas before he was sent to prison in 1981, Mr. Stiles said.
<snip>
Lucas County Prosecutor Julia Bates said she also suspects there were more victims outside of Toledo.

more at the link http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/04/08/loc_fbi_to_check_killers.html

another article about the Cook brothers:

<snip>

Nathaniel Cook pleaded guilty to two counts of kidnapping and one count of attempted murder in the 1981 case. He was sentenced to 21 to 75 years in prison and will be eligible for parole after 18 years.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C04EEDB103FF934A35757C0A9669C8B63

Thanx Shadow205, That really affected me seeing this guy's photo, thinking he may have been involved with this. I can't wait to hear more news.

Shadow, how is it that they are saying that these two could have been involved in attacks in the early eighties, weren't they already arrested ??? I'm confused.

What is told about this case in the press is probably only the tip of the ice berg.

These guys were linked to one murder by DNA and now they are doing plea bargaining (only in Ohio) to limit their sentences in return for admission of guilt in nine other murders. The big quesion at this point would be "Who are the other victims?"

Since, at this point, these guys are confessed serial killers, the FBI is trying to make connections to other cases in the time frame and areas where they traveled. They probably won't get any help from the Brothers Cook in that endeavor, because there are no deals currently on the table which would limit prosecution in other states.

It would be in the interest of cold case investigators to check out these guys as potential suspects in some of their old, unsolved cases so as to get them presented prior to the Ohio trial.

Any news on this yet??? Were these the same brothers that found Jane?? That cant be a coincidence, can it??????

No, these were not the brothers that found her. There is no new news and those two brothers were ruled out as they were incarcerated before she went missing.

I had some time to spend reading and I became very interested in this case. I hope we will hear something to connect this case for sure to Jane. I am so sorry for upallnights loss but extremely proud of her at the same time for having the courage and the strength to carry on. And also to all of you who were very helpful in giving your suggestions on what steps to take next as well as your concern for her welfare.

11-10-2005 was the last time that upallnight posted.

I really wish we could get an update. This case really had my interest!

This was one of the cases that I first read about while lurking as a guest. Is there any update at all?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes
Back