Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- I mentioned earlier that people were drugged at axis the night Joey disappeared!
Supposedly, Joey was also seen at pint house and Bakersfield that evening.
I agree with your speculation about the possible suspect delaying family fears.
The more and more we talk about about possibility of drink being spiked .... The more inclined I am to think that this is the scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get that information from (Joey at Pint House and Bakersfield) ? I think i read he and is cousin were at some pizza shop ? prior to going to Union.
Wher

One of my girlfriends is at Union right now- she sent me this picture of camera pointing directly to entrance/exit. He has to be seen leaving!
97b9a259618863421818c3dc1623cc72.jpg

Wonder if that is the camera that had the footage that the police said was "too grainy" ?

Where did you get that information from (Joey at Pint House and Bakersfield) ? I think i read he and is cousin were at some pizza shop ? prior to going to Union.
Wher
Yes - I supplied that information as well too- he was at Fabians (pizza), and the other two bars mentioned as well. Information is from close friend that was in the short north the past couple days asking questions at businesses. Apparently cpd confiscated surveillance at these places

I wonder how he got attacked and beat up with no witnesses. Bouncers always stand at the door..... And people would be walking up and down the street. Someone would have def seen this and helped. Very odd!!

I am just starting to think he went (especially after you all have found all these apps - like it or not--folks are not going to these apps to meet for apple shake! They are going to, use your all your words hook up. In my day we used the word "trick"!!) same thing!

I think he went with someone - who turned out not to be a good choice

How long does it take for extasy to "start"?

I hadn't seen about people being drugged at Axis that night, but sadly I do know individuals that have had their drinks spiked at Union before.

Anything is a possibility - but now it doesn't explain the "I'm driving" call.
I guess I'm just more prone to thinking that he disappeared with someone

Big

Me too then it could have turned into a violent drug thing --a want for a sexual exeriance he did not want and refused, a theft of money cell phone, a rage of a stilted lover, etc etc A fear of being outed .

He got into a conflict with someone -- calling someone a liar is reasonably..............

Someone has him againist his will phone rings and he is told to say I am driving and hang up - if he was petrified he would do that IMO

And on this one there is no video of him walking around right - IMO has to translate to got into a car without a issue??? No?

I don't think he desired to disappear.... Think he was easily lured off by someone he may have been familiar with. Also think it's A possibility that he was drugged in the process.... Making his judgment extremely poor. It could be that this person was driving , Joey was unconscious or passed out, and the suspect answered the phone. But then again, why would someone else answer the phone anyways? Why wouldn't this person just ignore the calls or turn off the phone....Who knows... Wish there was more public info about the phone/phone call.

I shall say this carefully ! If it was a homophobic, or someone who knew what they were gonna do , and his phone rang "say your driving and hang up" gun? Knife?

And the stuff about huma traffcking sounded nuts -- I looked it up - if it was that out there why would a city host this bigf deal that is known for torturing and stealing *advertiser censored* sapians -- something conpiracy here IMO and frankly cant be that overt

hold this big deal that is publically known to steal people yeh come on back we will give you a deal on the conferance hall ???

I just started following this case and have not read through all the posts on this thread but am wondering if there is any indication he left willingly with someone. Hoping he was captured on a camera somewhere that will indicate who he may have left with if that did happen?

Mimi

that is what I am thinking drugged maybe , but apprently he spent a lot of time on a whole bunch of hook up sites...so it makes sense that is what occurred. And there are internet savay people here, that have exlained that there are , aparently , all kinds of creepy things on line that tell someone I am .05 miles away from you.

If one was chatting , they would know what one looks likes , and if they can stalk each other its not a strech to say one has been on line, use one of those creepy things and know that person is .05 away , walk up , and he thinks (he is attracted" and thinks it safe cause of the "talking" on one of those sites..............

And the stuff about huma traffcking sounded nuts -- I looked it up - if it was that out there why would a city host this bigf deal that is known for torturing and stealing *advertiser censored* sapians -- something conpiracy here IMO and frankly cant be that overt

hold this big deal that is publically known to steal people yeh come on back we will give you a deal on the conferance hall ???

In regards to the human trafficking , franklin county is a HUGE hub for it. I worked for the courts- there is actually a specialized docket for human trafficking cases and that only. It's a bigger issue than you think . It may seem nuts to you.... But I promise u it's real. Summit county (Akron) is also a big human trafficking hub.
It's easy prey....... Someone that is drunk and vulnerable- especially if the individual was drugged.
So it is a possibility !

I have never seen a missing person case that has gone cold in a weeks time. They did one community search and then no news since. Short north is always busy. People were everywhere, even alleys. A young man vanishes from the most popular bar area during the busiest week in Columbus and the media covers it for 7 days? There could be a potential killer, kidnapper, or whatever on the loose in an extremely high visited area and no one seems to be concerned? Normally even if the police don't hold searches the families will organize them. The family will keep the media involved and the case in the forefront. They have to know more than they are letting on. Could be suicide as terrible as that may be. Vanishing from a popular bar is way bigger than a week of coverage. It's so weird. Where's the family? What are they doing with the over $17k that was raised? I'd think they would be hiring someone to look.

Janxter -- thank you for that. The local media's short attention span on this has been maddening. Zero followup.

This has hit close to home as a member of the community and no one seems to be doing much lately. People's memories fade and surveillance tapes are recorded over.

Human trafficking and suicide seem like remote possibilities to me. But certainly anything is possible.

Ultimately, though, one way or another, I think somebody is responsible for his disappearance.

Johnnybgoode - I understand it has happened but the link you sent is very different. Joey vanished from a super popular bar in the busiest part of the city during the busiest week. People should be concerned that there is a murderer or person mapper on the loose that is going to bars and taking people. I don't believe that there is someone but shouldn't the community be alarmed that someone can vanish in front of thousands of people? So many people frequent the bars there. It could of been them. No one seems to care. Vanishing from one of the most popular bars is very different then last being seen walking from their house. The family hasn't been keeping it in the forefront. It's so odd.

In regards to the human trafficking , franklin county is a HUGE hub for it. I worked for the courts- there is actually a specialized docket for human trafficking cases and that only. It's a bigger issue than you think . It may seem nuts to you.... But I promise u it's real. Summit county (Akron) is also a big human trafficking hub.
It's easy prey....... Someone that is drunk and vulnerable- especially if the individual was drugged.
So it is a possibility !

This absolutely scares the crap out of me. I live in the area and have been following this case. I never would have thought of human trafficking as an issue in Cbus. Very enlightening.

I just don't understand why this keeps happening! People just poof! And they're gone!

I never said that. What I usually see is families requesting interviews from local media. Families starting A facebook page, organizing searches, asking business to donate funds for a billboard. These are all things that keep the media involved. There are ways the ensure this is being heard and there hasn't even been a Facebook page started. There are so many ways to get this out but even the easiest ways are not being utilized. I'm in no way blaming the family for the disappearance. I was just saying how it is odd behavior and concerning that they aren't asking the community for help or organizing searches. So many people want to help but there's not a page that people can be directed to in order to stay updated it to join in search efforts or to offer ideas or suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay