Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Channel 6 News is reporting Joey's father is on his way to Columbus.

Do you have a source? I checked their website and didn't see any reference to this. And wouldn't he have been here yesterday if they found a male in his 20s in the river?

So weird! Does anyone know who the date was?

The date was interviewed on local news stations close to the time of Joey's disappearance. I don't remember his name-mild mannered, redhead, beard. I believe he has been cooperative with police, and shared his cell phone/text conversations with them.

yes, that date texted him several more times and then texted "are you alive?" That text alone sent up red flags in my mind.

Oops not golf tournament. But this muscle contest. Now I can see how human trafficking could have happened during this event/weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, that date texted him several more times and then texted "are you alive?" That text alone sent up red flags in my mind.

Can you share the source of that information? THAT IS WEIRD!
I would think that this guy would have known or discovered he had been missing- it was reported on the news the following day- not to mention, he probably would have heard about it through word of mouth if anyone was aware that he had went on this date with Joey.

To me, maybe the reason CPD has been so secretive about this entire case is because they knew exactly where Joey was- maybe the suspect was in contact with CPD- CPD didn't want to divulge too much information because of possibly jeopardizing Joey's safety. I know it sounds "Hollywood", but there have been plenty of cases where the suspect contacts police about the crime through anonymous communication. Or maybe someone that knows exactly what happened or knows the suspect was cooperating with the police, sharing pertinent information to the case. I would think that if this was truly Joey's body in the river, it would have been pretty well decomposed by 25 days- maybe Joey was somewhere else during this time, until recently placed in the water. This might seem far fetched..... just speculating why this entire investigation has been in the dark for the public.

The date was interviewed on local news stations close to the time of Joey's disappearance. I don't remember his name-mild mannered, redhead, beard. I believe he has been cooperative with police, and shared his cell phone/text conversations with them.

And lets not forget this:

1:22 a.m. Saturday simply read: “Jnhstioj.”

Well damn...why do they always have to involve us redheads?! lol

What is joeys brothers name , I thought the guy with the beird was his brother??

I would think that this guy would have known or discovered he had been missing- it was reported on the news the following day- not to mention, he probably would have heard about it through word of mouth if anyone was aware that he had went on this date with Joey.

To me, maybe the reason CPD has been so secretive about this entire case is because they knew exactly where Joey was- maybe the suspect was in contact with CPD- CPD didn't want to divulge too much information because of possibly jeopardizing Joey's safety. I know it sounds "Hollywood", but there have been plenty of cases where the suspect contacts police about the crime through anonymous communication. Or maybe someone that knows exactly what happened or knows the suspect was cooperating with the police, sharing pertinent information to the case. I would think that if this was truly Joey's body in the river, it would have been pretty well decomposed by 25 days- maybe Joey was somewhere else during this time, until recently placed in the water. This might seem far fetched..... just speculating why this entire investigation has been in the dark for the public.

The police is secretive because either they know who was involved and can't say or they have no clue and aren't going to share any info with anyone including the family. The only way to get the evidence and information is by hiring a private investigator who will pressure the police to turn it all over. The police is not there to divulge any information to anyone.

The police is secretive because either they know who was involved and can't say or they have no clue and aren't going to share any info with anyone including the family. The only way to get the evidence and information is by hiring a private investigator who will pressure the police to turn it all over. The police is not there to divulge any information to anyone.

I am in agreement with you- That is what I was shadowing in what I had posted.
If they identify the body as Joey, I believe that the PI should be hired- if it is deemed foul play and there is no suspect in custody

• The Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, Ohio, has been reported in the news as a site for sex trafficking. Named after Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Festival is one of the largest bodybuilding events in the world. Local anti-trafficking organizers work to minimize any potential sex trafficking.

rafficking crosses geographical regions, race, gender, sexual preference, age, profession and economic status. Sports can be part of the solution, but it also is part of the problem.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/human-trafficking-super-bowl-suffering/story?id=36745534

However, Detective Sicilian noted that the body was in decent shape. According to news article on ABC6, there is no obvious signs of trauma. They didn't indicate if a wallet was located on the victim, right? I agree with you- I believe that the clothes would be enough of an identifier- I mean, they did note that the victim was wearing clothes. I hope that we hear something later on this evening...
I think Joey def left with someone and was in the car with the perpetrator. I am not a scientist, but for a body to be in "decent" shape, I would think that the person was more recently deceased- not 25 days later. I always thought water is somewhat of a preserver, but after almost a month submerged, I would think the body would be pretty decomposed (not to mention, fish and other creatures helping the process).
Also, in all reality (if this is Joey), the "speculated" perp could have placed the body in the water at any location upstream- even towards Henderson/Bethel road area. I still have to question why he would get into the car with someone? This person has to be somewhat familiar? Maybe he got into the car to "talk" or have a conversation with someone. Whatever happened, I do not think Joey did this to himself. I most def believe someone else is to blame. Walking from the Union to the Scioto is quite a walk...

It is conceivable (if this is Joey) that he did walk from Union to this spot. He may not have done it all at one time non-stop. (Walk then stop walk then stop).

Do you have a source? I checked their website and didn't see any reference to this. And wouldn't he have been here yesterday if they found a male in his 20s in the river?

I had the local news on at lunch time (ABC 6), and they did a short update. The reporter stated that Joey's father was on his way to Columbus today.

[video]http://bit.ly/1R4o0iL[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member