Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason it seems unlikely he walked and fell into the river is because it was very late at night and the river is too far from where he was. Who the hell is going to walk there alone that late at night? In addition, he said he was driving before they lost contact with him, yet his car was found where he parked it. So no - he was in another car with someone. Again, find that car and person and we will have answers.

Do you have a source? I checked their website and didn't see any reference to this. And wouldn't he have been here yesterday if they found a male in his 20s in the river?

His parents live in Cincinnati. It's like a 2 hour drive.

And, that Brian Shaffer story...he's not off on some island living a new life either. He is dead. Very sad, and wondering what happened to him, but after all this time, very, very unlikely they will find him.

I think it was solely because Arnold is the second worse place it happens - it started early in thread

And going sound generalxied, but my notion more in terms of the possibilty of a hate crime is one has to come to the conclusion that there were just a ton of new people in the area - and it seems somewhat logical to just conclude that there were be a greater number of homophobic folks in the area.

Who knows out of towners end up in that area , and its very gay, could trigger some issues for those that suffer with homophobia moo

I think that when we are talking about high levels of trafficking at events like the Arnold, what is being referred to is a high level of prostitution taking place, not that they are the sites for "recruiting" trafficking victims.

Hate crime, particularly in connection with crowds from out of town (not to mention the possibility of steroids), might make some sense. However, in my experience, such crimes tend to be sorta random, and frequently outside of "gayer," less-mainstream and less-crowded venues than Union. And they don't typically begin by removing someone from the place--just jumping them as they exit.

Not sure there is no obvious trauma. The officer in yesterday's interview stopped short of confirming or denying anything like bullet or knife marks.

I believe that today they said they are awaiting a forensic dental expert (? new one on me too!) to look at dental records.

in all articles on psts from yesterday they said no obvious signs of trauma that is why his refusal to do guns etx made most of think that was the case

Columbus Dispatch
Mar 30, 2016 03:35 PM

Authorities will have to use dental records to determine whether a body pulled from the Scioto River just south of Downtown on Tuesday is that of Joseph "Joey" LaBute Jr., a 26-year-old man last seen at a Short North bar in early March.

Columbus police said the body, of a white male in his 20s, potentially fits the LaBute case and a few other missing persons cases that are open in the city.

<modsnip>

The condition of the body made its immediate identification impossible.

~snipped

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/03/30/river-body.html

The reason it seems unlikely he walked and fell into the river is because it was very late at night and the river is too far from where he was. Who the hell is going to walk there alone that late at night? In addition, he said he was driving before they lost contact with him, yet his car was found where he parked it. So no - he was in another car with someone. Again, find that car and person and we will have answers.

If this is Joey:
You ask who would walk there alone at night ? Well, that is attempting to get into other peoples minds. We can only speak for our own minds.
He said he was driving....He very well could have been driving, but then maybe not

I have seen couples married for over 10 years and they still amaze one another.

What do u mean

I mean that they said in the article that it could be Joey Labute or other missing persons but didn't suggest any names of who those other missing persons might be. Only Joey was referenced by name. Could mean nothing whatsoever, I just didn't like it. Who else is missing in the area: male in their 20s by the way? Are there such cases?

I mean that they said in the article that it could be Joey Labute or other missing persons but didn't suggest any names of who those other missing persons might be. Only Joey was referenced by name. Could mean nothing whatsoever, I just didn't like it. Who else is missing in the area: male in their 20s by the way? Are there such cases?

Exactly. Why not mention all of the other known missing persons. Weird.

If this is Joey:
You ask who would walk there alone at night ? Well, that is attempting to get into other peoples minds. We can only speak for our own minds.
He said he was driving....He very well could have been driving, but then maybe not

If this is Joey:

But isn't that what we do here - try to get into other people's minds? It just sounds far-fetched to me based on the totality of the circumstances that he would leave the bar to walk alone to the river that late at night without telling anyone. How many miles is the Scioto River from the Union?

I think that when we are talking about high levels of trafficking at events like the Arnold, what is being referred to is a high level of prostitution taking place, not that they are the sites for "recruiting" trafficking victims.

Hate crime, particularly in connection with crowds from out of town (not to mention the possibility of steroids), might make some sense. However, in my experience, such crimes tend to be sorta random, and frequently outside of "gayer," less-mainstream and less-crowded venues than Union. And they don't typically begin by removing someone from the place--just jumping them as they exit.

you say "In my experience." What exactly is your experience with hate crimes? They happen everywhere. In Ohio, we've had guys attacked as they have left bars INCLUDING UNION! So, your experience is a little off.

Well kids,

I am sorry to be fitting into sterotypes. After last nights discussion I am pleased, to announce that this gay man is off for some theatre!

Broadway we here come! (Flashdance!) got good reviews!

I expect all questions to be answered by the time I get back . TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member