Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well kids,

I am sorry to be fitting into sterotypes. After last nights discussion I am pleased, to announce that this gay man is off for some theatre!

Broadway we here come! (Flashdance!) got good reviews!

I expect all questions to be answered by the time I get back . TY

Working on it right now. Will have a report later.

You could walk to the river in about 1/2 hour, just over a mile (which would be straight down High Street to Broad St for example, no twisted journey to get there). It would take about an hour to walk down river to where this body was found.

The reason it seems unlikely he walked and fell into the river is because it was very late at night and the river is too far from where he was. Who the hell is going to walk there alone that late at night? In addition, he said he was driving before they lost contact with him, yet his car was found where he parked it. So no - he was in another car with someone. Again, find that car and person and we will have answers.

Anyone think it may have been his killer who sent the message?

Well kids,

I am sorry to be fitting into sterotypes. After last nights discussion I am pleased, to announce that this gay man is off for some theatre!

Just be careful with selecting a date for tonight if you're using one of those dating apps.

Well kids,

LOL CARIIS! I saw Flashdance when it was here in Columbus and absolutely LOVED it. And I'm neither gay nor a man. Enjoy!!

I don't know anymore. We're so far down the rabbit hole with absolutely no information lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again. This was not a message. He verbally said "I'm driving" to his aunt when she called late that night.

Yes, but he was not driving since his car was found where he parked it prior to entering the bar. So, why would he send that ,essays? I suspect it was his killer or talk to text or he was forced to say that.

As far as i know, drowning does not leave outside trauma marks. Coroner said no obvious outside trauma (paraphrased).

I totally get that, but an autopsy should be able to conclude if a drowning occurred or not. What am I missing here... was it an autopsy or did they just have a quick look and say "nope, I can't see anything". If there is no discernable COD and this was a normal and complete autopsy, I guess it's logical to assume this man didn't drown either. Or they aren't wanting to say. Or something. IDK. So okay, you can all ignore my blatherings now.

If this is in fact Joey who was found in the river. I too don't understand why he would walk there- if you're leaning towards suicide then the olentangy is a much quicker walk from Union....also I'd assume if he walked to the river he also would have crossed the olentangy at some point, and he made it across that one just fine (without "falling in").

All of this waiting is horrible, I can only imagine how the poor family must feel. Trying to stay positive and send good vibes their way.

View attachment 91272

This picture might help you visualize the area. You can see the park's proximity to downtown Columbus, where the Short North area is located. Joey was last seen in the Short North. Audubon Park is a Metro Park located in Franklinton, which is not a great part of town on the south side of Columbus. It used to be a remote, kind of abandoned-industrial area and the city recently made it into a park, with boat docks, fishing, grassy areas, and trails. You can see the area where the body was found along the bottom of this picture. That "finger" of land that stretches out is called the Whittier Penninsula. The body was between there and the shore. It would be an easy place to dispose of a body IMO.

Local Channel 6 News is reporting Joey's father is on his way to Columbus.

Audubon Park is also known as Lower Scioto Park which I posted yesterday. The news report shows that the body was removed from the bank on the other side of the river, not the penninsula. Where the body was removed according to the video police interview, it was the area of the river, just behind a business that's located above Berliner. Correction to earlier posting: The first news report also stated the body was found by the impound lot, which I wrongly assumed was the new impound lot off of Impound Rd. past the dam and south of Berlinger Park. Obviously I was wrong in that assumption and clearly bodies don't float upstream (in response to whoever stated that earlier).

As far as i know, drowning does not leave outside trauma marks. Coroner said no obvious outside trauma (paraphrased).

Doesn't seem as though a thorough and complete exam was done. This brings me back to potential drugging . If this is Joey ... He could have been slipped something and passed out . This is very strange ... I know it takes 8-10 weeks for toxicology results . If there isn't a cod ... I guess the answer lies in the toxicology report.

There is a real science to performing autopsies for drowning victims. The experts can determine if the body was actually drowned to death or was dead before the body was dropped in the water. Also they can tell if the body was drowned in different water than the body of water it was found in. But my guess is most MEs don't bother to do the basic checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to agree....drowning as a cod doesn't take weeks to determine...

Toxicology could tho :moo: :cow:

Everything I'm about to say are just ideas I'm tossing around in my head- nothing factual or known.

Kind of what I'm thinking is, if it is in fact Joey who was found...maybe drugs played a big part in the disappearance/death. I think he left the bar willingly with someone he knew/was acquainted with- maybe he was experimenting with drugs with this person (thinking they'll just drive around get high real quick and then come back to the bar), or maybe this person forced drugs upon him, if he was drugged at the bar maybe the drugs started taking affect while he was in the car- perhaps the drugs didn't react well with Joey's system for whatever reason (OD, mixing with alcohol, whatever) and he passed- the person freaks out, and just dumps his body in the river.

I'm thinking this could explain the nonsense text (being drugged)- and maybe why he answered the phone saying he was driving (he didn't want to have a conversation in an altered state?). Also why there wouldn't be an visible signs on the body...

Although maybe LE does in fact believe drowning was a cause of death and is just not releasing that information until positive ID has been made and the family has been notified....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28