Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been exactly what I've been thinking. Was it even him who answered?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good question. So, if it wasn't JL who answered and said, "I'm driving", it would still mean someone else was with him. Surely if this person is a local, they must know JL is missing. Why not come forward with information? Unless, something nefarious is going on here.

Good question. So, if it wasn't JL who answered and said, "I'm driving", it would still mean someone else was with him. Surely if this person is a local, they must know JL is missing. Why not come forward with information? Unless, something nefarious is going on here.
Was it someone he knew or just met? And if he was driving, it wasn't his car, so who's was it? This is part of what makes me think it wasn't him driving or on phone. What condition was he in when he left? Did someone slip something in his drink when he went up to the bar (if he even made it there)? Odd to me he didn't say goodbye to his family if leaving.

Just so bizarre. His poor family.

Just to add on a personal note, I'm not from Ohio but I've been to Columbus quite a few times. Love that town. I got married there. From what I've experienced people are so friendly there. Seems to be such a nice area. What was posted up thread about the human trafficking, I never would have thought...

I'm confused on the "I'm driving" call. When the family member called, did he answer and just say, "I'm driving", then hang up? Or, was there an actual conversation? If there was only "I'm driving" I'm wondering if it was even Joey that answered. Just my thoughts.

According to Joey's father in the interview (video on link dated 3-08-2016, 03:40 PM) Joey said he was driving. Friend replied to Joey to be safe and let them know when he gets there (to wherever he was going). There is no indication that the family thinks it was someone else.

Of course, timelines can be updated and stories can be updated.

I just wonder if it was someone else who said "I'm driving" that they sounded like Joey. Was the background noisy where would maybe alter hearing perception of friend who called his phone? My close friend and I worked at the same place for years and apparently we sound alike on the phone, people were always mixing us up, even our boss.

Just throwing this out there as the thought just popped in my head....Has it been mentioned if Joey has had history of drug use? I don't recall seeing it anywhere and please forgive me if this has been announced either here or in MSM. I've just seen too many cases lately where someone overdoses (usually heroin) and gets "left" some where or hidden. I really really hope and pray that is not what happened here.

Just throwing this out there as the thought just popped in my head....Has it been mentioned if Joey has had history of drug use? I don't recall seeing it anywhere and please forgive me if this has been announced either here or in MSM. I've just seen too many cases lately where someone overdoses (usually heroin) and gets "left" some where or hidden. I really really hope and pray that is not what happened here.

There's actually something in the news about a man found dead on the side of the road in Manchester OH. They suspect an OD. It's over 2 hours away though.

http://local12.com/news/local/body-found-in-the-road-in-adams-county

There's actually something in the news about a man found dead on the side of the road in Manchester OH. They suspect an OD. It's over 2 hours away though.

http://local12.com/news/local/body-found-in-the-road-in-adams-county
How horrible. :( So sad for whoever that is...but there is a truck nearby. Sounds like it's theirs? Discovered by a school bus driver, hope there were not kids on the bus. My husband is a school bus driver. I couldn't imagine him finding something like this.

IMO

This has been bothering me since it was posted. I'm not sure why, but, I keep going back to this quote.

"Reigle says he got LaBute a glass of water around midnight. He then watched him walk toward the bar and disappear into the crowd.

"I thought he was going to get another drink of water and he never came back," said Reigle.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...ut-what-he-remembers-the-night-he-disappeared

Why did the cousin get him a glass of water? I know its a small (probably irrelevant) detail, but, this seems meaningful to me.

I'm thinking to get him sobered up before he had to drive home. I used to do this back in my bar days.

The fact that he never came back makes me believe he was distracted on the way to the bar by someone there or a phone call.

I wonder if police were able to get any cell pings from his phone?

I'm thinking to get him sobered up before he had to drive home. I used to do this back in my bar days.

The fact that he never came back makes me believe he was distracted on the way to the bar by someone there or a phone call.

Right. Which means he had to have been somewhat drunk.
and answered the phone "I'm driving"....
Whose car was he driving? His car was found at the lot.
I'm still hopeful that he is somewhere. Safe.

I thought the same thing at first...but this Granville is Granville, NY.

Yes, I saw that Jonathan Schaff went missing from Granville, New York.

The reason why I mentioned Denison University from Granville, Ohio is that not only is Granville close to Johnstown in Licking County, I happen to remember that during the last two years, two different Denison University students were reported missing, both were eventually found deceased off campus, and both deaths were not caused by foul play.

Is it possible he drove somewhere and re-parked in the same lot?

This has been bothering me since it was posted. I'm not sure why, but, I keep going back to this quote.

"Reigle says he got LaBute a glass of water around midnight. He then watched him walk toward the bar and disappear into the crowd.

"I thought he was going to get another drink of water and he never came back," said Reigle.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...ut-what-he-remembers-the-night-he-disappeared

Why did the cousin get him a glass of water? I know its a small (probably irrelevant) detail, but, this seems meaningful to me.

It bothers me A LOT... and it does seem meaningful.

It's possible, but since he used to live at that complex and he still had his old parking pass, I would assume that he parked there regularly when he came to the Short North. Parking is absolutely horrible in that area and it's often easier and cheaper to just park further away and walk. Especially when there's a huge event like the Arnold in town. My husband and I walk from that complex to Union quite often. Chances are that we often take the same route that Joey took if he parked in the lot at the beginning of the night.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the person was a local. The Arnold Classic was here in Columbus that weekend. It's a huge international event that comes here every year with thousands upon thousands of people here to only attend.

It's also a huge human trafficking event. That's what has me so nervous and sad about Joey's disappearance. I really hope that he wasn't drugged and picked up. :(

About the cell pings: when i donated money to help the family with the expense of hiring a private investigator, i left a message in the "message box" with an idea. That his phone records be subpoenaed. Any and all incoming and outgoing texts and calls that evening will have hit the network and cell towers. The records should show "to" and "from" telephone numbers and times.

I thought about the meaning of the water too the other day. I came to the conclusion that it was to sober him up. How many people get water at a bar just as a drink ? Very Very few people. A glass might not have been enough to sober him up, and that would take time anyways to sober a person up, depending on the blood alcohol level.

I thought about the meaning of the water too the other day. I came to the conclusion that it was to sober him up. How many people get water at a bar just as a drink ? Very Very few people. A glass might not have been enough to sober him up, and that would take time anyways to sober a person up, depending on the blood alcohol level.​

It's possible, but since he used to live at that complex and he still had his old parking pass, I would assume that he parked there regularly when he came to the Short North. Parking is absolutely horrible in that area and it's often easier and cheaper to just park further away and walk. Especially when there's a huge event like the Arnold in town. My husband and I walk from that complex to Union quite often. Chances are that we often take the same route that Joey took if he parked in the lot at the beginning of the night.

Right--- so its possible that he was actually driving his vehicle and then returned to the same area, using the parking pass again.

Also, NOT INSINUATING ANYTHING, just some generic info---- disclaimer----- but, water is used to sober up. It is also what people drink when they are using certain drugs. I know back in my day, if people took XTC, they only drank water. They would even pour a beer out and refill it with water so that it didn't draw attention to the extreme water drinking.

I was wondering this as well. Is it confirmed his car was found in the same place it was parked when he drove to spend the night out with family and friends? Has it been mentioned whether it did sound like he was driving when he made the "I'm driving" comment?

This is so baffling. I sure hope he's safe and hiding somewhere.

Joey, where are you?

PS ... just read about the parking pass. I wonder if they've confirmed by video surveillance of the area that his car didn't move since it was parked Friday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay