GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe there ever was a toothache....MOO

I don't think there was a toothache either. I think Jonathan possibly wanted out of work for whatever reason. Could have something to do with current POI, might have absolutely nothing. He could have made it up, but if he wanted out of work and didn't want to give the real reason why it works as well as any. On the flip side, might be a bad lie that wasn't thought all the way through by POI or someone else though.

Toothache or not, he didn't bury himself, so someone either panicked thinking they were responsible, or they were responsible ...and they buried him. Someone was present. Strangers don't stop for a dead body on the side of the road and bury him, they call for help.

Just rambling and thinking out loud...

JMO MHOO IMO

I don't think there was a toothache either. I think Jonathan possibly wanted out of work for whatever reason. Could have something to do with current POI, might have absolutely nothing. He could have made it up, but if he wanted out of work and didn't want to give the real reason why it works as well as any. On the flip side, might be a bad lie that wasn't thought all the way through by POI or someone else though.

Toothache or not, he didn't bury himself, so someone either panicked thinking they were responsible, or they were responsible ...and they buried him. Someone was present. Strangers don't stop for a dead body on the side of the road and bury him, they call for help.

Just rambling and thinking out loud...

JMO MHOO IMO

Agreed honestly I could see a scenario where the poi and buddy’s and JM were partying after work on Friday at the barn on the property and JM overdosing on alcohol or drugs and poi panicked and buried him the next day.

Either way there are charges that are going to be needed to be filed in this case. Accidental or not he was 14 and a body was buried.

I could also envision a different scenario that is more nefarious. Jmo

All just amateur speculation

I just started listening to NG podcast (April 26th) "Boy heads out to milk cows on dairy farm, found buried dead in shallow grave."

The fist thing said is, "He is a good kid. He was going around the neighborhood of Dellroy, asking people if he could mow their yards. And he would not even charge them."

Everyone that knew Jonathan said the same thing. "Good Kid!" His community truly loved him.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

I just started listening to NG podcast (April 26th) "Boy heads out to milk cows on dairy farm, found buried dead in shallow grave."

The fist thing said is, "He is a good kid. He was going around the neighborhood of Dellroy, asking people if he could mow their yards. And he would not even charge them."

Everyone that knew Jonathan said the same thing. "Good Kid!" His community truly loved him.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
Emph. Mine

Hopefully they will demand justice !
I'm thinking he saw something he should not have, and someone(s) shut him up for good. :(

Have checked around and still no 'new' news.
As if LE want this to quietly go away, and no hard feelings to the farms involved. (The one where Jonathan was working and the poi's fathers' farm where he was found dead.)
I don't think so....just waiting on the tox report. Gotta have it to prove the theory....IMO.

I also get the feeling that law enforcement is just waiting for all the circumstantial evidence to fall into place and then this case is finished. They know who and what happened, they just need the evidence to seal a conviction. That's my hope, anyway. I pray justice comes soon for this poor child.

Have checked around and still no 'new' news.
As if LE want this to quietly go away, and no hard feelings to the farms involved. (The one where Jonathan was working and the poi's fathers' farm where he was found dead.)

Are you kidding me? Yeah, like law enforcement is just sitting around eating donuts and hoping people forget about a little boy who was found dead. I don't understand why people think that LE must love watching criminals walk because the investigators would rather sit around watching re-runs of the Wheel of Fortune while picking their noses. Just because LE is not sharing any of the intelligence they have gathered in this case does not mean they don not give a darn about it, or that they've given up on the case. It means they're keeping suspects, evidence, etc close to their chest so as not to compromise the case; the last thing they want to see is a guilty person walk because of an overly-curious and overly-zealous public!

I have a feeling that this young man may indeed have had a toothache, and the suspect may have given him some narcotics - pills, etc, and he OD'd. The suspect panicked and buried him.
I don't think it is that simple; but I'd like to be wrong.

At the time Jonathan's body was found, LE stated they would not release any information while the investigation was ongoing. So, that is why it's been quiet. IMO.

"I'm not gonna comment on anything to jeopardize this investigation." The Carroll County sheriff staying tight-lipped about the death of 14-year-old Jonathon Minard, whose body was found in a shallow grave on a farm.

I have a feeling that this young man may indeed have had a toothache, and the suspect may have given him some narcotics - pills, etc, and he OD'd. The suspect panicked and buried him.

Possibly not that simple.

<modsnipped>
Seems like it was a deliberate murder.

Other posters besides myself have opined that the town is small, and the farming families are well established and respected.

So it's not a stretch to think that LE feel they need to tread very carefully.
This is not a slight on law enforcement, if you meant this by quoting my post.

They'll (local LE) have the wrath of the town on their dept. if they've wrongfully declared the 29 year old as a poi.

Can you imagine the outrage if everyone in town feels the farm owners/employees had nothing to do with this and don't know who committed this crime ?
Again , it's not maligning the local police.

<modsnipped quoted post>

<modsnipped response>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks. I joined because I wanted to share what I consider to be common knowledge for most connected locals. I've been doing a lot of sleuthing myself (how I found you). Naturally I don't want impede LE or get in trouble here. But like I said, small community and FB gives everyone a soapbox. <modsnipped>Mods, help me out if I'm on the verge of breaking any rules.

<modsnipped- information from social media comments is not allowed. Screenshots from facebook are also not allowed. You must provide links to mainstream media to substantiate your statements otherwise local chatter is considered rumor. We are a fact based site and rumor is not acceptable>

Last edited by a moderator:
While a local perspective is always appreciated, we have certainly learned here at WS that rumors can take on a(n unsubstantiated) life of their own. Just because locals believe the rumors, does not make them true. JMO. In my experience, more often than not.

Hi folks. I joined because I wanted to share what I consider to be common knowledge for most connected locals. I've been doing a lot of sleuthing myself (how I found you). Naturally I don't want impede LE or get in trouble here. But like I said, small community and FB gives everyone a soapbox. <modsnipped>Mods, help me out if I'm on the verge of breaking any rules.

<modsnipped- information from social media comments is not allowed. Screenshots from facebook are also not allowed. You must provide links to mainstream media to substantiate your statements otherwise local chatter is considered rumor. We are a fact based site and rumor is not acceptable>
So this site is basically a news outlet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back