GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the individual with face tattoos does have a very violent history and his proximity to the situation is alarming. Probably the reason so many people, I'll put myself in this group, made assumptions. Alarming still is the certainty and conviction expressed by locals. Small towns need a moderator...
Bolding Mine

Agreed .... that was discussed earlier in the thread.
He has a rap sheet for both drug-related and violent offenses.
Not surprising people are worried.
Has nothing to do with tats in general... but there's a reason local LE declared him a poi.
Although without 'naming' him.

Please don't get this thread shut down by continuing to post comments against TOS. That does nothing to help find justice for Jonathan!

Tipi didn't post anything but a question in her post, trying to get a handle on the sleuthing capacity of the site. Fair question, especially for a new member I'd say. Right?

It doesn't sound like face tatt, 29yo has been doing much working on a farm. Where's the 3 Xs law when it would do some good!?!

Does anyone know if the alleged female victim in the story is the same one featured this week of a 29yo female with face tatts? It would make her any less a victim. Just trying to keep track of the articles and ppl. TIA

I think the recent stuff on this thread is all out in left field.

Jonathan was found on property that belongs to the same family as the person that picked up Jonathan on Friday and brought him to New Harrisburg that night. This same person had allegedly taken Jonathan to the farm in Washington Township on Saturday and also said Jonathan complained of a toothache and brought him back to New Harrisburg on Saturday afternoon. This would be the same individual that called Jonathan's mother on Sunday "checking" on him which set into motion: the 911 call, the search, and ultimately locating Jonathan. This same individual is the right age given for the POI. Jonathan's aunt had given his name on FB. Everything connects based on that.

I really don't think there is a mystery here, but I could be wrong.

Jonathan was found on property that belongs to the same family as the person that picked up Jonathan on Friday and brought him to New Harrisburg that night. This same person had allegedly taken Jonathan to the farm in Washington Township on Saturday and also said Jonathan complained of a toothache and brought him back to New Harrisburg on Saturday afternoon. This would be the same individual that called Jonathan's mother on Sunday "checking" on him which set into motion: the 911 call, the search, and ultimately locating Jonathan. This same individual is the right age given for the POI. Jonathan's aunt had given his name on FB. Everything connects based on that.

One would think not. But there has been no arrest yet...so there's that.

I agree with your initial sentence. But a lot of what you’ve stated after that has not been confirmed that I know of. We can guess at some of the info, but that does not make it fact. IMO.

Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams has taken to Facebook in a plea to stop people from spreading rumors surrounding the recent death of Jonathan Minard.

Williams writes that the boy's parents have no involvement in the case, adding that "making assumptions and essentially starting rumors about individuals not only affects a person's life and emotions, but can also have severe impacts on this investigation."

The sheriff says the investigation is on going and very active, adding he will release information to the public when complete.

Carroll County Sheriff seeks to stop social media rumors surrounding death of teen

Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams has taken to Facebook in a plea to stop people from spreading rumors surrounding the recent death of Jonathan Minard.

Williams writes that the boy's parents have no involvement in the case, adding that "making assumptions and essentially starting rumors about individuals not only affects a person's life and emotions, but can also have severe impacts on this investigation."

The sheriff says the investigation is on going and very active, adding he will release information to the public when complete.

Carroll County Sheriff seeks to stop social media rumors surrounding death of teen

The should start by investigating the proper spelling of the poor kid's name. Then go from there. ;)

This part is what keeps making me question why they were so panicked. He was 14, not 5. How did they instantly panic as opposed to assuming he just found a ride home? What was going on at, or wrong with the home when they returned that caused worry? Was there evidence of a struggle? Had he taken something and supposedly been sleeping it off? Was something missing? Blood?
If somebody else's teen was staying at my house and disappeared, I would Panic too. I can't even begin to tell you how many times my friend's daughter says "hey I'm going to go for a walk" and immediately I get panicky and let her know "nope you're not leaving"
It's sad that the world is this way because it's beautiful out here at night in the desert.
Also in answer to a question about why a 14 year old would be going into 8th grade, coming from Michigan, we don't start or kids in school until they are six going on seven as opposed to the four going on 5 where we live now.
I would quote the other post but seems like now anytime I hit something it goes all wonky and sends me in 10 pages back and I get lost sorry.

Last edited:
I haven’t read all the posts here yet but just wanted to say the first thing I thought of was John Wayne Gacey and how he hired younger males to work for him.

Agreed !

Hopefully LE are making progress despite this dragging on.....
And also Jonathan's family is putting some pressure on LE where it's needed.

Regardless of how respectable the farming families seem.
He was found dead and buried on THEIR land.
If innocent, they should come forward and say they had nothing to do with this.
Everyone has been tight-lipped.

Agreed !

Hopefully LE are making progress despite this dragging on.....
And also Jonathan's family is putting some pressure on LE where it's needed.

Regardless of how respectable the farming families seem.
He was found dead and buried on THEIR land.
If innocent, they should come forward and say they had nothing to do with this.
Everyone has been tight-lipped.

Does anyone know where the body was buried, on the farm? I mean was it out on the edges, near a road, away from the farmhouse? Somewhere that anyone else might have been able to bury him?

Or was it more centrally located, closer to where the family or workers might be walking around?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75
Back