GUILTY OH - Kara Zdanczewski, 13, abducted & murdered, Ashtabula, 9 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ASHTABULA, Ohio (WKBN) – Reports out of Cleveland say the 13-year-old girl kidnapped and killed in Ashtabula earlier this month may have been payment for her father’s drug debt. News 5 in Cleveland is reporting that court records claim John Bove, 46, confessed to Ashtabula police that he killed Kara Zdancziewski and set her body on fire.

The Cleveland station also said the records claim he and another man took the girl from her home because her dad owed $3,000 for meth.

John Bove is charged with aggravated murder, kidnapping, grand theft of a motor vehicle, felony fleeing and eluding, receiving stolen property, and use or possession of drug paraphernalia.

Three others, also from Ashtabula, have been arrested and charged in connection with the teen’s kidnapping and death:

• Debra Ann Bove, 47, charged with obstructing justice
  • Malachi D. Schultz, 20, charged with obstructing justice and tampering with evidence
  • Stanley Wilfong, III, 56, charged with obstructing justice and tampering with evidence

Investigators say John Bove took Zdancziewski from her home with her parents’ permission on May 10. Her body was found in Saybrook Township, Ashtabula County just days later.

News 5’s report said John Bove killed her in a field on Austinburg Road, then changed his bloody clothes at Schultz’s house. Schultz is accused of hiding the murder weapon — a knife — in an air conditioner, according to court documents.

Wilfong is accused of getting rid of John Bove’s bloody clothes, News 5 reports.
http://wkbn.com/2017/05/23/three-others-arrested-in-connection-with-ashtabula-teens-murder/

Im not surprised to hear the parents knew why he was taking her. It didn't make sense that they didn't report her missing sooner. As a parent, I hope to see charges filed against them as well. They failed their daughter in the most horrendous way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not surprised to hear the parents knew why he was taking her. It didn't make sense that they didn't report her missing sooner. As a parent, I hope to see charges filed against them as well. They failed their daughter in the most horrendous way.

When I read the explanation from parents, and saw the lag in calling police. I too thought, oh man this likely involves drugs. Her Mom is being charged with obstructing justice.

This is what drugs are doing to our children. Their own parents can't/won't protect them. How do we prevent this before the child loses their life? It happens over and over again, the frequency is overwhelming.

what the hell!! It was definitely too weird they asked some random friend to take their daughter out and then didnt report her missing for nearly 2 days. that is horrendous. her life was worth $3000 to them. poor girl.

When I read the explanation from parents, and saw the lag in calling police. I too thought, oh man this likely involves drugs. Her Mom is being charged with obstructing justice.

This is what drugs are doing to our children. Their own parents can't/won't protect them. How do we prevent this before the child loses their life? It happens over and over again, the frequency is overwhelming.
This!!! What can we do?!!! I ask myself this every time it happens and I don't have an answer..I cry and then go about my own life and then read about another case and ask the same question..over and over again..as a society, how can we make it end..there are so many factors and drugs are the answer for so many and addiction warps the brain to no end!!! What do we do as a nation to prevent this, and is it even posssible..sorry, I should be over at political vent.

Don't click on crimes against Children, don't click on crimes against Children, don't click on crimes against Children, don't................ GAAHHH, when will I ever learn?😞

Rest in heaven honey.🌹

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Don't click on crimes against Children, don't click on crimes against Children, don't click on crimes against Children, don't................ GAAHHH, when will I ever learn?😞

Rest in heaven honey.🌹

I have that same disease......

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

There will always be evil in this world. It is what makes us human and makes everything else right. The most we can do is love, protect and cherish those around us, take care of ourselves and our environment and fight those who would see it all destroyed.

There will always be evil in this world. It is what makes us human and makes everything else right. The most we can do is love, protect and cherish those around us, take care of ourselves and our environment and fight those who would see it all destroyed.

Yes, but, boy, sometimes it sure seems demonic. It gets SO evil it's unimaginable!! Thank God 'demented' is not the norm, as we continue to hope that good wins out over all this evil, violence and sexual perversions. :(

what the hell!! It was definitely too weird they asked some random friend to take their daughter out and then didnt report her missing for nearly 2 days. that is horrendous. her life was worth $3000 to them. poor girl.

Right. Wtf. Did they think she was going to be pimped out and returned and now they are mad she was killed? FFS!!!

Well, guess someone should take "abducted" out of title and replace it with "given".😟

I don't think her mom has been charged with obstructing justice. It's not in any of the news reports I've read. So far as we know, unless I've missed something, all the information about the drug debt came from Bove. As the Astabula City Solicitor Michael Franklin put it, it's his version of events. Maybe, for example, when Bove gave his statement he was lying to try to humiliate the Zdanczewski family.

ASHTABULA, Ohio (WKBN) – Reports out of Cleveland say the 13-year-old girl kidnapped and killed in Ashtabula earlier this month may have been payment for her father’s drug debt. News 5 in Cleveland is reporting that court records claim John Bove, 46, confessed to Ashtabula police that he killed Kara Zdancziewski and set her body on fire.

The Cleveland station also said the records claim he and another man took the girl from her home because her dad owed $3,000 for meth.

John Bove is charged with aggravated murder, kidnapping, grand theft of a motor vehicle, felony fleeing and eluding, receiving stolen property, and use or possession of drug paraphernalia.

Three others, also from Ashtabula, have been arrested and charged in connection with the teen’s kidnapping and death:

• Debra Ann Bove, 47, charged with obstructing justice
  • Malachi D. Schultz, 20, charged with obstructing justice and tampering with evidence
  • Stanley Wilfong, III, 56, charged with obstructing justice and tampering with evidence

Investigators say John Bove took Zdancziewski from her home with her parents’ permission on May 10. Her body was found in Saybrook Township, Ashtabula County just days later.

News 5’s report said John Bove killed her in a field on Austinburg Road, then changed his bloody clothes at Schultz’s house. Schultz is accused of hiding the murder weapon — a knife — in an air conditioner, according to court documents.

Wilfong is accused of getting rid of John Bove’s bloody clothes, News 5 reports.
http://wkbn.com/2017/05/23/three-others-arrested-in-connection-with-ashtabula-teens-murder/

]I don't think her mom has been charged with obstructing justice. It's not in any of the news reports I've read. So far as we know, unless I've missed something[/COLOR], all the information about the drug debt came from Bove. As the Astabula City Solicitor Michael Franklin put it, it's his version of events. Maybe, for example, when Bove gave his statement he was lying to try to humiliate the Zdanczewski family.

See above regarding the Mom being charged with obstruction.

I just can't even understand this..... How does this happen? How do you rationalize in your head that it's okay for someone to violate your child to pay off a drug debt? I'm just heartbroken....

See above regarding the Mom being charged with obstruction.

Not that I'm trying to be "gotcha", but I think it important to reiterate the truth about who was charged with obstruction. So it was Debra Ann Bove, the wife of John R. Bove, who was charged with obstruction. There is nothing to suggest that Kara's mom, Debra Zdanczewski, is the same person as Debra Ann Bove or was charged with anything in relation to the death of her daughter. In fact, in Kara Zdanczewski's obituary, Kara's mother's first name is listed as Deanna, suggesting the news article got Kara's mom's first name wrong and that they don't even share a first name. Not that drugs and drug pushers aren't killing people left and right, especially in Ohio, but one needs to be especially accurate when it comes to blaming the mother of a murder victim, who should be given benefit of doubt and not accused of something falsely, especially in what must be a horribly trying time for her. Even if one or both of Kara's parents were drug addicts, addiction is a disease. Killing Kara is evil, which is much worse than a disease.

I know in a way shame could work to reform drug addicts in a way it just would never work with some presumably merely evil person like a Ted Bundy, say, but obviously the former deserve a compassion the latter just don't. And men who abuse are so keen on blaming and humiliating their victims--to make it seem they deserved it or naturally wanted whatever sordid addiction that be there--that I just get bothered by anything that might encourage that sort of humiliating somewhere, even if it stems just from an innocent confusion of names.

Also, many news articles say the Zdanczewskis lived on Lake Road. No, they lived on Lake Avenue, as is obvious from the videos.

Thanks for pointing that out Gruffin, my bad.

It appears Deanna Zdanczewski has committed suicide. I won't be posting any of the links at this time. However, the story is out there on the Internet.

It appears Deanna Zdanczewski has committed suicide. I won't be posting any of the links at this time. However, the story is out there on the Internet.

Thank you. Didn't know. Ohioan here...missed the news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just can't even understand this..... How does this happen? How do you rationalize in your head that it's okay for someone to violate your child to pay off a drug debt? I'm just heartbroken....

I find it extremely upsetting, too, I know I have said this before but it worth saying again:

People who have children should not be doing drugs.

Kara I am so sorry that those who were supposed to care for and protect you betrayed you. RIP sweet angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16
Back