Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's okay ohiocases, just be patient and they'll reply. I've seen it take a week once but I'm sure you'll hear back from them. We believe you. We all want her home safe ASAP.

FBI joins search

http://nbc4i.com/2017/03/08/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-ohio-girl/

Teams of police and FBI agents went door to door showing neighbors her picture. They are also looking at a computer and searching for any kind of video that might show the teenager.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...police-in-search-for-missing-17-year-old-girl

Witnesses who saw the Katrina walking Saturday said she didn't appear to be carrying anything like extra clothes and did not seem to be in a hurry.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/34...-for-safety-of-missing-17-year-old-parma-teen

Does anyone who knows her know if she wears makeup ? Ever ? I'm wondering if she's skilled at make up application,being into cosmetology ? Bet she would look really different if she put on makeup, but jmo.

She wears makeup, normally just eyeliner and possibly eyeshadow, nothing too major, just an everyday casual. She is skilled with it though, being in cosmetology and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the FBI now involved, they now have access to any cameras in the area. They are checking them at the moment. I expect more updates tomorrow, and will try to talk to anyone the FBI pulls during the school day.

Good I'm glad they'll be checking any footage from surrounding homes and businesses.
A lot of people have home security cameras now. They're fairly inexpensive now and easy to come by. For example- my cable provider offers home security cameras and storage for an extra 20$ per month. Besides that, there's companies that make extremely affordable cameras like front point and D-Link. My point is that more people have home security cameras now because they are affordable and easy to come by.
If they find a few around town, they could possibly get a glimpse as to what may have happened. Like was she alone? Was she crying or distraught?

I think another really important piece to this will be her phone and other devices. Investigators would be able to see if she was planning on meeting up with anyone that morning or if someone may have been bothering her electronically. Now that the FBI is involved, I'm sure they're looking into all of that.

Fellow west-sider here, and as the mom of a high school senior, this is awful. Glad the police are taking it seriously.

I'm also seeing lots of Facebook shares in my feed, so that's good.

Grew up in NE Ohio and looked this up after I saw news stories shared on FB. The pictures posted here of searching etc looks exactly like my parents neighborhood (it's not, just same general area, but looks just like it) and made it hit even closer to home. Will keep following here. Praying for her and her family! 😢😕

Does anyone who knows her know if she wears makeup ? Ever ? I'm wondering if she's skilled at make up application,being into cosmetology ? Bet she would look really different if she put on makeup, but jmo.

Yes. The two pics released early on look very different from later ones released. If you look through the released pics, there are ones with makeup on, and facial expressions are more whimsical, where she looks very mainstream.

It does seem this is going to be a case of stranger abduction, sadly.

Hoping they find her soon!
Now that the FBI is involved, I'm praying they can get closer to tracing her last known steps.

I made a case map but without knowing which intersection it was exactly where her scent went missing I mapped walking distance/time to every intersection on Augustine Drive. There were 5. The furthest one from her house was only a 10 minute walk. Her house is in a large, beautiful somewhat "cookie cutter" looking community. I would be incredibly surprised if this is a random abduction. From the little bit that we know my hunch is she met someone, got in their car (willing or not) and from there ???. I just can't imagine the coincidence of some random person driving down a dead end street and just so happen to come across a girl walking who left her dogs out, phone home but grabbed her ID and snatching her. All while not a single neighbor witnessed it.

Yes. The two pics released early on look very different from later ones released. If you look through the released pics, there are ones with makeup on, and facial expressions are more whimsical, where she looks very mainstream.

It does seem this is going to be a case of stranger abduction, sadly.

Could be. But I'm stuck on the coincidence of this event happening exactly after her parents left town. Also the area, it looks to be so suburban. Now, it is possible that someone in her neighborhood saw her walking and approached her ? I wonder if her phone/computer will reveal anything ? jmo

I'm thinking she arranged a meeting with someone knowing her parents were out of town and it was a catfish or they abducted her. I don't think she got plucked off the street. Jmo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm really hoping for the phone or devices to be looked into quickly.
That would be able to tell us if she was planning on meeting with someone that morning.
I believe she got into a car at that intersection. I have no idea if she willingly got into the car or was forced.

I'm really hoping for the phone or devices to be looked into quickly.
That would be able to tell us if she was planning on meeting with someone that morning.
I believe she got into a car at that intersection. I have no idea if she willingly got into the car or was forced.

I hope they look into them too, even if she deleted everything, it's always traceable.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps she met someone online - maybe an online friend or something and she planned to leave with them.

This may explain leaving her phone/debit cards behind as they can be tracked. I feel like if she was meeting a stranger to just hang out or something for fun then she would've taken her phone and cards, because you'll most likely be extra cautious when meeting someone new from the internet.

And if she did get in a car at the intersection, it would be an odd place to arrange to meet if you were intending to just hang out with someone for the day. It seems more likely she arranged with whoever it was to meet at that exact spot at a certain time, she left her phone & cards and went to meet them.
And I think she may have left on purpose. Maybe her and an old online buddy want to have adventures.

Obviously it's too early to tell so we'll have to wait and see.

At least if she has chosen to leave she would most likely be ok - hoping it isn't an abduction or suicide. Hopefully LE & FBI get their hands on some more info soon.

All my opinion of course!

I just want to point out that every time I leave my phone at home when I'm going for a short walk I think "... Hope I don't need this!" I'm older than Katarina, but still like to have my phone on me wherever I go. For me that's really not enough to point to her voluntarily leaving.

I just want to point out that every time I leave my phone at home when I'm going for a short walk I think "... Hope I don't need this!" I'm older than Katarina, but still like to have my phone on me wherever I go. For me that's really not enough to point to her voluntarily leaving.

I was about to post the same thing. I live in an area that has a busy downtown and nightlife, and I walk there a lot, usually alone. I hate carrying a purse because I feel like it makes me a target to be mugged (I could just be paranoid). I usually only bring my ID and my house key. Very rarely do I bring my phone or anything else, because it doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket.

Just sharing this because maybe that's what Katarina was thinking...she didn't need to bring her phone because she'd be right back.
I don't think she left voluntarily, but I hope I'm wrong, and I hope she is ok.

"The Department of Justice reports that of the 800,000 children reported “missing” in the United States each year, 115 are the result of “stereotypical kidnapping” — a stranger snatching the child. About 90 percent of abductees return home within 24 hours and the vast majority are teenage runaways."

8,000 is 1% of 800,000

http://www.freerangekids.com/crime-statistics/

I highly doubt this girl was abducted by a stranger.

Statistically, she's probably a runaway.

But my gut tells me abduction by a someone she knew. Potentially a neighbor or family friend that knew the parents would be gone that day...

I made a case map but without knowing which intersection it was exactly where her scent went missing I mapped walking distance/time to every intersection on Augustine Drive. There were 5. The furthest one from her house was only a 10 minute walk. Her house is in a large, beautiful somewhat "cookie cutter" looking community. I would be incredibly surprised if this is a random abduction. From the little bit that we know my hunch is she met someone, got in their car (willing or not) and from there ???. I just can't imagine the coincidence of some random person driving down a dead end street and just so happen to come across a girl walking who left her dogs out, phone home but grabbed her ID and snatching her. All while not a single neighbor witnessed it.

Yee! I bet ohiocases knows the exact intersection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28
Back