Found Deceased OH - Koby Roush, 24, Waverly, 5 Jul 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But his mother's ashes WITHOUT the chain, that indicates the chain was broken, maybe in a struggle. I hope Koby is ok...
<snipped>

If you haven't already seen it here's a picture of the chain and Mom's ashes from his FB - wish there would have been a way to check the POI's personal items to see if it was there.

upload_2021-6-27_20-26-47.png

One Year Anniversary And Still No Movement On Koby Rouch Case Missing Persons Cases Network Site

It has been one year since Koby Roush went missing from the Gallia County area of Ohio.

Koby struggled with addiction but had recently gotten his life back together. He was supposed to be moving out of his house due to his roommate slipping up and it causing him to no longer feel safe in the house.

It is said that he was at a party before going missing where the last know Photo was taken of him with some “friends”.

rs=w:1280

One of the photos taken the night of the party

Around 6 AM Koby called his dad because his car was stuck. That was 6AM on July 6th even though NAMUS has last contact as July 5. Koby said that he would call someone closer as his dad was over an hour away. After that his phone was dead. There was no contact with him after this.

The following day his vehicle was found. They found Koby’s pendant with his mother’s ashes in it on the ground along with one of his slippers.

Inside was his wallet (money gone)

Investigators searching for Cincinnati man after he went missing in Pike County

Pike Co investigators are looking into a possible connection between the disappearance of Raymont Willis of Madisonville and another man (Koby Roush).

Pike County Sheriff Jim Nelson said, “He has been reported as missing in about the same time a Mr. Roush had been missing too.”

Around 6 AM Koby called his dad because his car was stuck. That was 6AM on July 6th even though NAMUS has last contact as July 5. Koby said that he would call someone closer as his dad was over an hour away. After that his phone was dead. There was no contact with him after this.

BBM for focus

Here’s another disappearance with similarities to Koby’s.

Human remains found in Jackson County, Ohio identified as missing Oak Hill man Michael Saylor

Human remains found in Jackson County, Ohio have been identified as missing Oak Hill man Michael Saylor.

Michael last communicated with his family on July 26, 2019, when he texted his father that his truck had broken down.

Shortly after the text message to his dad, Michael’s phone was turned off.

Michael had struggled his entire life with drug addiction. According to his father, Michael got clean in November 2018 and Art believed his son had stayed clean since then.

He also worried that Michael had gotten into trouble with the crowd he was hanging out with.

He said Michael had just been paid and he was afraid they did something terrible to Michael for the money.

Task force apprehends individuals, drugs in several raids
SBM
  • Mar 29, 2022
Pike County Sheriff Tracy D. Evans announced last week several local operations with the recently formed Southern Ohio Organized and Major Crime Task Force. [snip] ...announced that the task force has been busy executing narcotics related drug raids and a fugitive from justice raid in the Pike County area.
  • 1311 Smokey Hollow Rd. in Piketon
  • 5009 Morgan’s Fork Rd. in Waverly
  • 712 Markham Rd. in Waverly
Additional arrests and charges in this case are pending.
#

I hope LE presses hard on those they've arrested. Someone knows what happened to Koby and Frog. MOO

TY for the link!

SBBM
“My dad got a call at 5 o’clock that morning [July 5, 2020] and Koby had told my dad his car was stuck.” They live about two hours from where Roush’s car was discovered on Mt. Carmel Road, Raccoon Township in Gallia County, according to Google Maps satellite view, so it was decided Roush would call someone who lived closer.

“He said he was calling someone named Luke, and after that his phone just went dead, went to voicemail, we couldn’t get ahold of him.”

Prior to that night on July 4, 2020, Roush was at a friend Paul’s house. Dyer believes her brother left with a person named Kody.

“And from there we don’t know what happened. We’ve heard all kinds of horrible things,” Dyer said.
#

Kudos to Cynthia Rosi @ nbc4i.com for the detailed article. There's plenty more there to unpack.

They said, 'He’d been fed to pigs:’ Family’s hell

“He said he was calling someone named Luke, and after that his phone just went dead, went to voicemail, we couldn’t get ahold of him.”

Prior to that night on July 4, 2020, Roush was at a friend Paul’s house. Dyer believes her brother left with a person named Kody.

Roush said in the message: “Dave and I got into a big fight and I’m moving out because he was getting high and kinda puttin it out there too much and I don’t wanna be around it.

The one tip that stuck
Of all the tips the family received, only one person seemed to be legitimate.

“There’s a lady that called me and my father, and she told me that my brother was murdered in her truck,” Dyer said. “She went into detail. She told me the people that was involved…she told me about a Sheriff Reader that was out in the yard, and that she told him everything and begged the police to come and investigate and they wouldn’t.

“[She] said [Koby] was shot in the head. They cleaned the truck with cleaner. She said the truck had all kinds of cleaner, bleach smell, and they came back later that morning — but she didn’t give a location of the body.”

Updated May 2022

Details of Disappearance​

Roush was last seen at a party in Coalton, Ohio on July 6, 2020. He called his father at 6:00 a.m. to say his car was stuck. His father lived over an hour away, so Roush said he would call someone else to assist him. He has never been heard from again.

After his disappearance, his 2014 Chrysler was found abandoned on Mount Carmel Road in Gallia County, Ohio, near the city of Gallipolis. His wallet was inside the car, but there was no cash.

A pendant containing his deceased mother's ashes, which Roush wore on a neck chain and never took off, was found on the ground outside the car, without the chain. One of Roush's slippers was sitting near the pendant. His cellular phone was missing, but it has apparently been turned off since his disappearance.

Roush lived in Waverly, Ohio at the time of his disappearance, having recently moved there from Somerset, Ohio. Investigators believe his case may have a connection to another missing Waverly man, Raymont Willis, who was also last seen in early July.

Police have the same person of interest in both disappearances, a man named Luke Farmer. A witness told police that Farmer "told him in person that he murdered two people," Roush being one of them.

Only hours after police began searching for Farmer to question him in Willis and Roush's cases, however, Farmer died of a drug overdose. He collapsed in front of friends, who attempted without success to revive him with CPR and administration of Narcan, a medication the reverses the effects of narcotic drugs.

A sample of Farmer's blood was collected by the coroner for analysis and he tested positive for amphetamine, methamphetamine, and the designer opioid drugs 4-ANPP, fentanyl, and norfentanyl. His death was ruled an accident.

Both Willis and Roush's disappearances remain unsolved.

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (WCMH) — During a search Saturday, the families of Koby Roush and Raymont Willis found articles of clothing they believe may have belonged to one of the men.

The families of Roush and Willis joined volunteers from Golden Hearts, a Voice 4 the Voiceless, in scouring territory in Chillicothe for evidence of their loved ones.

Roush and Willis went missing within a day of each other in July 2020.

During the search, Golden Hearts’ founder Lena Wilson said they discovered clothing that matched the description belonging to one of the missing men and turned it over to law enforcement.

More at link.

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (WCMH) — During a search Saturday, the families of Koby Roush and Raymont Willis found articles of clothing they believe may have belonged to one of the men.

The families of Roush and Willis joined volunteers from Golden Hearts, a Voice 4 the Voiceless, in scouring territory in Chillicothe for evidence of their loved ones.

Roush and Willis went missing within a day of each other in July 2020.

During the search, Golden Hearts’ founder Lena Wilson said they discovered clothing that matched the description belonging to one of the missing men and turned it over to law enforcement.

More at link.
SBBM
“We walked up to the bridge … and looked over the guardrail,” said Wilson, a crime victims’ advocate. “There was a deteriorated plastic bag with clothing in it. We unfolded it with gloves on to look at the clothing to see if it was male or female; it was male. We had a family look at the clothing, and then we called law enforcement.”

SNIP

Anyone that may have information about the case is encouraged to call BCI at 855-BCI-OHIO (855-224-6446) or submit a missing persons tip through the BCI website.
#Still more at link

WAVERLY, Ohio (WCMH) — It’s been two years of heartache for families of two men who went missing within a day of each other and are now thought to be dead.

Both families were told the same disturbing story by people who called in with tips: that Koby Roush and Raymont Willis had been cut up in a woodchipper and fed to hogs.

Willis went missing from Waverly on July 4, 2020, and Roush disappeared on July 5, 2020, from Jackson.

The men are also linked through a Chillicothe police report, which connects Luke Farmer to the disappearance of Willis and Roush. Farmer died of a drug overdose on July 21, 2020.

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>​

Search moves to Waverly​

Wilson, of Golden Hearts, said the group has moved the search for Roush to a new area. “With Koby Roush, we’ve moved from the Chillicothe area to the Waverly Coulton area,” Wilson said. “The clothes, we haven’t heard anything on yet.”

<modsnip for copyright rules>

Reward​

Roush’s family is offering a $5,000 reward to help find their brother. Anyone that may have information about the case is encouraged to call BCI at 855-BCI-OHIO (855-224-6446) or submit a missing persons tip through the BCI website.

Last edited by a moderator:
An event hosted by Bring Koby Home

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2022 AT 11 AM CDT

Walk for justice for Koby and Raymont​

Somerset Memorial Park

Family members of Koby Roush held signs that said “Where’s Koby Roush?” “We won’t stop” and “Justice for Koby and Raymont” as they marched in Somerset on Sunday to bring awareness to the plight of the two missing men.

Koby Roush, 24, and Raymont Willis II, 42, disappeared within a day of each other. Willis went missing from Waverly on July 4, 2020. Roush’s car was discovered abandoned in Jackson on July 5.

The pair is connected through a third man, Luke Farmer, who died from an overdose on July 21, 2020.

‘We know he was murdered’​

“There’s lots and lots of horror stories — I’m not sure which ones to believe,” Roush’s father, Mark, said before the march. “We know he was murdered. There isn’t no doubt in my mind. My son would’ve called me a long, long time ago. He called me at 6 a.m. the last day I spoke to him.”

During a search with Golden Hearts, a Voice 4 the Voiceless in June, Koby Roush’s family found his clothes in Chillicothe.

“It was kind of shocking,” Mark Roush said. “They actually found the clothes, Golden Hearts, and they wanted us to look at them and see if we knew them, and that was the last outfit I seen Koby in. I did his laundry. When he left my house, that’s what he was wearing.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back