OH OH - Lori Lloyd, 14, Kettering, 10 Feb 1976

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Joni,
Wish we could hear from you. Just wondering how you are doing and what's new. Don't give up.

bump!

I was searching for any news on Lori Jean Lloyd, and one of the search results said:
"Action/Note: Lori Jean Lloyd is being considered as a possible "match" for the decedent in this case"
The link led to this NamUs page:

https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=708&=21&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

But according to Doe network the girl had died "within about fifteen months", and that was 1991 so it doesn't sound very likely right?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/107ufga.html

Has anyone got any updates on Lori Jean?
Her sister got very quiet too:waitasec:

eta: Joni's blog is also gone.

This month marks 37 years since Lori Lloyd went missing.

Name: Lori Lloyd
Home: Kettering, Ohio
DOB: 27 Oct 1961
Date missing: 11 February 1976
Age at disappearance: 14
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5 ft 3 in
Weight: 105 pounds

www.missing kids.com

1-800-843-5678

Bumping case up...

Lori Lloyd
Missing 11 February 1976
From Kettering, OH

Vital Statistics

DOB: 27 October 1961
Sex: Female
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5 ft 3 in
Weight: 105 lbs

Source
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Hotline: 1-800-843-5678

It's nice to know that someone still reading this thread. Lori is never forgotten, but sometimes busyness and nothing new to say gets in my way of updating this thread. Joni

Hi Joni, I just wanted to pop in and wish you well. You are an amazing sister and you, your family and especially Lori Jean are in my thoughts.
<3

Lori's brother James put up the elusive "Whatever Happened to Lori Jean Lloyd?" documentary on YouTube. It it sandwiched between news clips about Lori's disappearance and starts at 10:56. The documentary seems to focus more on the plight of young runaways in America than just Lori. Although Lori had a history of running away, I'm not sure she did so the night she vanished.

[video=youtube;LeYYRWe---Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeYYRWe---Q[/video]

So is it likely Lori got in contact with PD and told them not to tell anything, just take down her missing persons pages? I'm so confused, why else would info about her get removed on those sites?

No word on the Facebook group of her being found. It could be mistake. Again.

So is it likely Lori got in contact with PD and told them not to tell anything, just take down her missing persons pages? I'm so confused, why else would info about her get removed on those sites?

I don't think this is the case. It seems that NCMEC just decided to drop the case. They've done that with a few cases (such as Alexia Reale and Angela Westberry).

It was announced on Lori's Facebook group that she is believed to be a Jane Doe found in Kentucky. This happened after more of her dental records were recovered. The body was found in 1976, months after she disappeared. I was hoping she was still alive, as it sounded as if she had simply run off to California and started a new life. I believe she was identified as 930UFCA, since the NamUs page (UP 6711) was removed. The age range was 20-30, however.

[...]Up until that day near my mother’s last days on this earth did those dental records match this unidentified body buried in a nearby city in Kentucky. Before this second page, they only had a match that it was probable. Now, it was near impossible for it NOT to be Lori’s body. It was an exact match.
[...] The Kentucky police will not give us a 100% identification because they do not have the ability at this time to do a DNA match due to her body being buried in a potter’s field without identifying the grave site with so many other graves.
[...] this body’s discovery only 50-60 miles away from the last place Lori was seen alive, and the body was found only a few months after her disappearance in 1976, we, the family all agree with this Detective in Kettering that this is Lori Jean Lloyd.

The post is available here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118011813188/permalink/10154804676368189/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back