OH OH - Martonio Wilder, Deceased mother Lashanda Wilder homicide suspect, Columbus, 27 Jun 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1719629210699.png

Mother of missing 8-year-old Columbus boy being sought by police as a homicide suspect​

Martonio Wilder was last seen around 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the area of Olmstead and St. Clair avenues in the Milo-Grogan neighborhood, Columbus police Missing Persons Unit reported.

Police say that young Wilder was wearing a black T-shirt and camouflage pajama pants. He is 3 feet tall and weighs 75 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

It was not clear if the homicide for which Lashonda Wilder was being sought as a suspect involved her missing son. The radio alert did not indicate and Columbus police Homicide Unit detectives could not be reached Friday evening.

********************************************************************************************
There was an Amber Alert Friday evening for Martonio's two brothers, believed to be with their mother. The two boys were found safe, but Martonio is still missing.

The children were reported to possibly be with a Columbus woman whose other son, 8-year-old Martonio Wilder, was reported missing Thursday and who herself was the subject of an area wide be on the lookout (BOLO) alert among police agencies as a reported homicide suspect.

CPD said the incident involving the pair of brothers found safe happened in the Milo-Grogan neighborhood, in the 1000 block of Olmstead Ave. The division noted Martonio was last seen Thursday around 9:30 p.m. in the same area, but did not confirm if all three brothers disappeared in the same incident.

Lashanda Wilder, 32, is Black, 5-7 and 220 pounds. It’s unknown what type of vehicle she may be traveling in.

1719630005878.png

Investigators were looking for two boys, a 9-year-old and a 3-year-old, but confirmed around 9:50 p.m. they had recovered both of them. ...

Columbus police had separately sent out an earlier advisory Friday afternoon about another missing child, 8-year-old Martonio Wilder, but did not escalate that case to an Amber Alert. While Fuqua said they had not found Martonio, he confirmed that Martonio was brothers with the other two boys recovered Friday night.

CPD said the incident involving the pair of brothers found safe happened in the Milo-Grogan neighborhood, in the 1000 block of Olmstead Ave. The division noted Martonio was last seen Thursday around 9:30 p.m. in the same area, but did not confirm if all three brothers disappeared in the same incident.

Does anyone understand why the Amber Alert for Mikhael Simon and King Wilder did not include Martonio when they were all believed to be with the same person, Latasha Wilder? Or why they are being treated like(/reported like) separate incidents?

When Martonio was seen on Thursday and advised to be missing on Friday, where were Mikhael and King?

Does anyone understand why the Amber Alert for Mikhael Simon and King Wilder did not include Martonio when they were all believed to be with the same person, Latasha Wilder? Or why they are being treated like(/reported like) separate incidents?

When Martonio was seen on Thursday and advised to be missing on Friday, where were Mikhael and King?

I also wondered about why Martonio wasn't included in the AA; we don't have all of the facts yet. In the WSYX live news report, the reporter said that Lashanda Wilder had reported to LE the her son, Martonio, was missing. She told them that this wasn't the first time he had run away. Apparently, when the police were investigating Martonio's disappearance they discovered that Lashanda had two additional sons who were not accounted for, and Lashanda was also missing, so they put out an AA for the two boys. The two boys were found shortly afterward at the home of a family friend. When the PD searched Lashanda's home, they found the body of a child, who is believed to be Martonio.

There was a PD alert for Martonio as an Endangered Missing Child on Thursday. When the AA was issued on Friday for his two brothers, the AA said that Lashanda was a homicide suspect, so the child's body must have been discovered before the AA was issued.

Oh no. :(

[...]

Two brothers have been found safe, but Columbus police say they have also found a third child’s body Friday night after an Amber Alert was issued.

[...]

The chief said the Amber Alert originally went out at 9:03 p.m., before investigators found two of the brothers alive at 9:29 p.m. at a family member’s home of Lashanda’s friend.

“We are treating this as a suspicious death,” Bryant said.

Deputy Chief Smith Weir could not confirm Martonio’s cause of death, but did clarify that Lashanda is not a suspect in the death investigation as of Friday night.

[...]

Oh no. :(

[...]

Two brothers have been found safe, but Columbus police say they have also found a third child’s body Friday night after an Amber Alert was issued.

[...]

The chief said the Amber Alert originally went out at 9:03 p.m., before investigators found two of the brothers alive at 9:29 p.m. at a family member’s home of Lashanda’s friend.

“We are treating this as a suspicious death,” Bryant said.

Deputy Chief Smith Weir could not confirm Martonio’s cause of death, but did clarify that Lashanda is not a suspect in the death investigation as of Friday night.

[...]

It is interesting that the PD says that the AA for the two boys was issued before the child's body was found, and that Lashanda is not a suspect in the death investigation.

In the police press conference at the time of the AA, Lashanda was said to be a homicide suspect. Is there another suspicious death, or is the timeline not being accurately reported?

It is interesting that the PD says that the AA for the two boys was issued before the child's body was found, and that Lashanda is not a suspect in the death investigation.

In the police press conference at the time of the AA, Lashanda was said to be a homicide suspect. Is there another suspicious death, or is the timeline not being accurately reported?
Sounds like the timeline was wrong. Maybe The Columbus Dispatch has it right?

Bryant said police found Martonio's body inside the Wilder home Friday afternoon. At that point, however, the mother had left the home with her other two boys, King Wilder, 3, and Mikhael Simon, 9.

Columbus police issued an area-wide be on the lookout (BOLO) alert late Friday afternoon on its channels that was later repeated by Delaware County and other police agencies, reporting Lashada Wilder was wanted as a homicide suspect.

At the late Friday night press conference, however, police said Wilder was a person of interest not a homicide suspect, but acknowledged anyone close to someone in a suspicious death could be considered a suspect. Police said they would look into the BOLO alert that identified her as a suspect.

IMG_0526 2.jpg
Sounds like the timeline was wrong. Maybe The Columbus Dispatch has it right?

snipped

this might be illuminating or silly. imo ymmv

i no longer live in ohio; however, i often still get alerts to the area and I've attached what was sent at 9:34 to my phone. I'll also add that a a prior AA was sent out around an hour before the attached. it contained basic info (no mention of who the child was last seen with or location) but i didn't screen shot that one so IMO IMO imoooo

View attachment 514121

snipped

this might be illuminating or silly. imo ymmv

i no longer live in ohio; however, i often still get alerts to the area and I've attached what was sent at 9:34 to my phone. I'll also add that a a prior AA was sent out around an hour before the attached. it contained basic info (no mention of who the child was last seen with or location) but i didn't screen shot that one so IMO IMO imoooo
The Amber Alert was canceled shortly after it was issued, because the two boys were located safely at the home of a family friend.

They are brothers of the boy who is believed to have been found deceased.

The Amber Alert was canceled shortly after it was issued, because the two boys were located safely at the home of a family friend.

They are brothers of the boy who is believed to have been found deceased.

yes, sorry, i'm not sure if I was clear in my previous post. the AA before my screenshot only listed ONE child (the deceased)

In a Saturday morning update, police said Wilder and 33-year-old Johnna Lowe have been charged in the case with obstruction of justice. Columbus police’s homicide unit is investigating and ask anyone with information on the suspects call 614-645-4730.
Amber-Alert-homicide-suspects.png

https://www.wdtn.com/news/childs-body-found-after-amber-alert-canceled-for-columbus-siblings/ :(

JUN 29, 2024
An 8-year-old boy is dead and Columbus police are looking for his mother and a second woman.

Warrants have been issued for Lashanda Wilder and Johnna Lowe, who are facing charges of obstructing justice.

Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant said Friday night that Wilder, 32, called police Friday around noon to report that her son, Martonio Wilder, hadn't been seen since he went to bed the night before.

[...]

Martonio Wilder was found dead inside the home after 6 p.m., the statement said. It's not clear how he died.

Then, several hours later, an AMBER Alert was issued for Wilder and her two other sons -- 9-year-old Mikhael Simon and 3-year-old King Wilder. They were found safe at a family member's home about 20 minutes after the alert was issued.

[...]

JUN 29, 2024
[...]

Detectives had a K-9 cadaver dog called in to search the home. Court records say, at that time, LaShanda became "uncooperative" and didn't want the dog inside her home. She left the area with Lowe and two other children.

Around 6:20 p.m., a body matching the description of Martonio was found hidden in the home's attic in a trash bag and sleeping bag cover, according to records. Firefighters pronounced him dead at 6:33 p.m. Foul play is suspected. Police are treating this as a suspicious death but could not say how the boy died.

Around 9 p.m. Friday, an AMBER Alert was issued for Martonio's two young siblings and LaShanda. The two siblings were safely located at Lowe's home with her mother on East 18th Avenue a short time later. LaShanda and Lowe were not there.

[...]

LaShanda and Lowe left during the active investigation and have not called detectives to explain their disappearance or ask about the investigation, court records say.

[...]

Two women charged in what Columbus police call the homicide of a 9-year-old reported missing Friday in the Milo-Grogan neighborhood turned themselves in Saturday evening, according to police.

Lashanda D. Wilder, 32, of the Near East Side, faces murder and obstruction charges and Johnna Sloma-Marie Lowe, 31, of the North Side, an obstruction charge in Franklin County Municipal Court in the death of Wilder's son, Martonio....

Late Saturday afternoon, police said the coroner ruled Martonio's death a homicide and that they charged Wilder with murder. Court documents indicate "the coroner found deep neck compression on the victim."

A short time later, around 5 p.m. Saturday, both women turned themselves in to Columbus police and were booked into the Franklin County jail.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Rachelle Knight said she got a call from her niece, LaShanda Wilder, on Friday afternoon saying that her 8-year-old son, Martonio, ran away.

Worried, Knight showed up to help search for him, alongside Columbus police officers who used drones and a helicopter.

Around the same time Saturday evening, Martonio’s family, including many of his young cousins, gathered outside the crime scene in northeast Columbus to mourn the young boy, lighting candles and releasing balloons into the sky.

Many tears were shed, but between the sadness and grief, there was shock and anger about how the 8-year-old boy ended up dead.

Knight said Martonio was treated differently from LaShanda’s other children. She said Martonio would tell her he was forced to eat inside a closet and drink sanitizer. She said she and other family members tried to step in.

“I’m still in disbelief because how dare you, if you didn’t love your son you should’ve let him stay with people who love him,” Knight said.

Before LaShanda turned herself in, Knight and other family members said they received text messages from her in which she tried to place blame on her 9-year-old son for Martonio’s death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back