OH- Mom (21) seen in viral video appearing to hit, scream at baby arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves

MissMalowe

Reaction score
WHIO Article

HARRISON TWP. — Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a woman Wednesday they identified as a 21-year-old mother seen in a video, which went viral, repeatedly hitting and screaming at a baby.

The child is safe and in the custody of Montgomery County Children Services, according to the sheriff’s office, which thanked the community for bringing the incident to the attention of the sheriff’s office.

Dayton 24/7 Now Article

Montgomery County Sherrif's Office Facebook Post
(lots of comments and a couple disturbing videos in comments, one of which is slightly longer than the other)

21 Year Old Haley Ryan
268d59a0-bb5f-4785-8abe-dbc32c094f09-HaleyRyan.jpg

Glad the mom is away from the baby, and glad the baby is with Children Services.
No excuses, but if "mom" were the only one taking care of the baby -- day-in-day-out, if could be that she didn't know how to handle a possibly tuff situation. Just make sure the baby has a dry diaper, is fed, and put the child in his/her crib.
OTOH, if this situation -- hitting & screaming at the baby, etc. -- is something that has happened more than once, then there is a whole other situation which looks like what we probably have here.
(I don't use FB, so I probably don't have as much info as I should, WRT this sad situation.)
Just glad the little one is away from "mom."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma