Identified! OH - Montgomery Co. Miami Twp, Male, Skeletal Remains in Great Miami River, Large Tattoo on Back, June '23 - Vernon Seidler

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unsolved

Reaction score
I haven't found a lot of info on this yet (no age, race, etc., and so far all the different MSM links at the bottom of this post are reporting only the mention as the one I posted = Male), but the Montgomery Co. Coroner has asked for help identifying a male found in the river by kayakers on June 30, 2023:

"The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office is asking the public for help identifying human remains found in the Great Miami River last week.

The remains of a male were found June 30 in the river near Dayton Cincinnati Pike and Shepard Road in Miami Twp., according to the coroner’s office.

According to the coroner’s office, there was a “distinct” tattoo that covered the male’s back. It appears to be a sword.

1688778137882.png

Previous article:
"The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office now has the skeletal remains that kayakers found Friday morning along a stretch of the Great Miami River in the Miami Twp. area.

Five Rivers MetroParks rangers and multiple firefighters were dispatched to the area of Dayton Cincinnati Pike, just south of the low dam, on a report that remains had been found.

The investigation and recovery effort was launched at about 9:30 a.m.

The remains had undergone “significant decomposition,” said Mark Hess, MetroParks chief of public safety.

Hess said kayakers found the remains, which were in with some tree limbs and debris.

A supervisor on the scene described the remains to News Center 7 as being “skeletal.”

I haven't found a lot of info on this yet (no age, race, etc., and so far all the different MSM links at the bottom of this post are reporting only the mention as the one I posted = Male), but the Montgomery Co. Coroner has asked for help identifying a male found in the river by kayakers on June 30, 2023:

"The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office is asking the public for help identifying human remains found in the Great Miami River last week.

The remains of a male were found June 30 in the river near Dayton Cincinnati Pike and Shepard Road in Miami Twp., according to the coroner’s office.

According to the coroner’s office, there was a “distinct” tattoo that covered the male’s back. It appears to be a sword.

View attachment 433465

Previous article:
"The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office now has the skeletal remains that kayakers found Friday morning along a stretch of the Great Miami River in the Miami Twp. area.

Five Rivers MetroParks rangers and multiple firefighters were dispatched to the area of Dayton Cincinnati Pike, just south of the low dam, on a report that remains had been found.

The investigation and recovery effort was launched at about 9:30 a.m.

The remains had undergone “significant decomposition,” said Mark Hess, MetroParks chief of public safety.

Hess said kayakers found the remains, which were in with some tree limbs and debris.

A supervisor on the scene described the remains to News Center 7 as being “skeletal.”

Any updates on this case? TIA

Any updates on this case? TIA

Sadly I still can't find anything. I thought the unusual sword pattern might link to something, but I am having no results checking any categories I can think of (kind of like when I tried to look for the shoe pattern left at a scene in another case here and came up with zilch). I hope somebody will recognize it, and it's not just some hand drawn art - though even then the tattoo artist should recognize it IF they ever see the Coroner's drawing.

This news article shows the trouble they're having so far (BBM):

"Chief of Public Safety Mark Hess said the body was in some tree limbs and debris. There was significant decomposition, so crews could not immediately identify the gender or approximate age. (*Note Coroner has now stated it is a Male)

Aiden Clark, a middle school student from Miami Twp., was on a kayak trip with Taiters Kayak Solutions to fish on the Great Miami River.

He had been fishing for 20 to 30 minutes when he said his lure got caught.

When he retrieved his lure from an overhang, he saw a human femur.

Clark said his friend also checked it out and they immediately called 911 to report the body."

Still no news. Now two other bodies have been recovered in the river in surrounding counties! One in Warren County has been identified as a man missing since June (a TES drone discovered his remains):

"Police in three local areas have been working to identify bodies found in different parts of the Great Miami River in Southwest Ohio.

Human remains found in Franklin on Sunday have been identified as a man who has not been seen since June 21. The Warren County Coroner’s Office confirmed the remains are those of William “BJ” Middleton Jr., 37, who was residing at a campsite along the river. Middleton was reported missing July 4, according to Franklin police.

Chief Adam Colon said a drone launched by Texas EquuSearch spotted the skeletal remains about 5:30 p.m. Sunday as they were searching for him.

The remains were severely decomposed after being in the river for a period of time, he said. Mike DeBorde, chief investigator for the Coroner’s office said Middleton’s identity was confirmed through his fingerprint."

The other has not been identified yet:

"Another area police department is also investigating a body found in the Great Miami River. Fairfield Police said a body was located Sunday in the river behind Waterworks Park in the city.

The body was taken to the Butler County morgue. Officials are continuing to determine the identity of the person, and the circumstances surrounding the death."

Still no news. Now two other bodies have been recovered in the river in surrounding counties! One in Warren County has been identified as a man missing since June (a TES drone discovered his remains):

"Police in three local areas have been working to identify bodies found in different parts of the Great Miami River in Southwest Ohio.

Human remains found in Franklin on Sunday have been identified as a man who has not been seen since June 21. The Warren County Coroner’s Office confirmed the remains are those of William “BJ” Middleton Jr., 37, who was residing at a campsite along the river. Middleton was reported missing July 4, according to Franklin police.

Chief Adam Colon said a drone launched by Texas EquuSearch spotted the skeletal remains about 5:30 p.m. Sunday as they were searching for him.

The remains were severely decomposed after being in the river for a period of time, he said. Mike DeBorde, chief investigator for the Coroner’s office said Middleton’s identity was confirmed through his fingerprint."

The other has not been identified yet:

"Another area police department is also investigating a body found in the Great Miami River. Fairfield Police said a body was located Sunday in the river behind Waterworks Park in the city.

The body was taken to the Butler County morgue. Officials are continuing to determine the identity of the person, and the circumstances surrounding the death."

Not one, but two other bodies?! WTH…..

That tattoo looks so familiar!
I believe it is a celtic sword tattoo similar to the below however there maybnot be any relevance to it, but I think the tattoo artist should remember.

1691004927293.png

Identified!

"The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office has identified the skeletal remains that kayakers found along a stretch of the Great Miami River in the Miami Twp. area in June.

The coroner’s office identified the remains Thursday as 46-year-old Vernon Seidler."

May you RIP Mr. Seidler.

Identified!

"The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office has identified the skeletal remains that kayakers found along a stretch of the Great Miami River in the Miami Twp. area in June.

The coroner’s office identified the remains Thursday as 46-year-old Vernon Seidler."

May you RIP Mr. Seidler.
1698531938651.png
1698531953692.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member