Identified! OH - North Bend, 'Pearl Lady' 606UFOH, 55-75, Nov'06 - Barbara Precht

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The little tiny mark on the left side of her neck says a match for me...good work. Hope you find out soon.

Nice work but wouldn't the 2 different eye colors rule this out as a match?

Snuf you have an incredible gift for this. I will be shocked if it isn't Ms. Adamo. The resemblance is uncanny. Did her investigator give you a time frame to hear anything?

I wish they said more about the circumstances leading to her disapearance. It seems to me Ms. Adamo's family may have some closure sometime soon. Regardless of the outcome, excellent sleuthing Snuf!

Snuf, you are awesome. Do you think there are lots of matches just waiting to be found out there? You seem to find a new one every month. ;)

Looks like another you matched up perfect Snuf...

Snuf, you are awesome. Do you think there are lots of matches just waiting to be found out there? You seem to find a new one every month. ;)
Where are the previous matches posted? I am really interested in the finds by WS. Thanks

I'm new to this site. It's good match up that posted by Snuf and agreed with everyone from what she find. How come there's no update for past 4 months? Long progress from DNA testing?

wow, amazing resemblance.
of course, the timeline is odd, but it explains the weight difference.
good work!!!!!!

Sometimes, I don't update because a lot of the emails I receive have a confidentiality clause in them, so I can't. I'll shoot an email off tonight and see what I can find out.

Glad to see she hasn't been forgotten, and please if anyone sees any other potential matches for Pearl, please post them! :) New MP are added all the time, so keep Pearl in mind. :)

Anyone interested in looking at Identified individuals should look in the Located/ Information and Support Forum. There are MP cases that were found directly by websleuths members. :)

America's Most Wanted has a profile on the Pearl Lady:

Link: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=71845

Pearl Lady

For law enforcement agencies throughout the United States, one of the most frustrating and saddening types of cases are those involving the unidentified dead.

There are currently an estimated 40,000 unidentified dead nationally -- and despite advancements in technology and awareness, a majority of these cases remain unsolved.

But behind these statistics are real-life stories -- all with unhappy endings. They're stories of the unidentified dead, their loved ones, their caring community and the officers who work their cases.

Detective Ken Schweinefus with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department in Ohio has his own Jane Doe -- a case that haunts him daily.
"She has nobody, no identity. No one is mourning for her or looking for her. A lost soul, if you will," explains Detective Schweinefus. "I've taken this upon myself to solve. I can't retire until I find out who this woman is."

For now, she's known only as "Pearl Lady" -- an older woman who was all dressed up when she was found on Nov. 29, 2006, floating in a Northbend, Ohio, section of the state's river.

She wore a black blouse, black skirt, panty hose, and two strands of pearls -- one white and one black. She had on makeup.

"She was dressed as if she is going to some type of event or gathering. This was the week of Thanksgiving," says Detective Schweinefus. "She wanted to look nice."

A visual exam at the scene revealed the woman was a white female between 55 and 65 years old. She was 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighed 134 pounds and had short, grayish-blonde hair and hazel eyes. She had all of her natural teeth -- with a chip in the front -- and no identifying marks, scars or tattoos.

Initially, Detective Schweinefus thought the case would be solved quickly. The woman hadn't been in the river long -- maybe just a day or so -- and her face wasn't damaged. He believed she'd be easily recognizable and that her loved ones would come forward to identify her.

Unfortunately, even after local news stations like WKRC News 12 in Cincinnati aired Pearl Lady's photos during their broadcasts, no one came forward to say they knew who she was.

Weeks passed, and although police fingerprinted her and entered her information into every possible database looking for a match, none surfaced.

Cops And Community Member Want To ID Pearl Lady

Deb Dixon, a reporter with News 12, covered Pearl Lady's story from the start and quickly grew attached to the case. She's worked closely with Detective Schweinefus to keep the story in the public spotlight.

"The unusual thing we did with this story was we put her actual face on air," says Deb. "It was very clear very soon that she could not have been from here. Somebody like that doesn't just turn up dead and have nobody report her missing."

Cops began thinking Pearl Lady may have been from out of town -- perhaps visiting relatives for the Thanksgiving holiday.

"It's possible she's from some small town in, say, northern Kentucky, where even some police departments aren't as updated. They might not have the computers to search the databases," explains Detective Schweinefus.

Another clue revealed during the autopsy led to even more theorizing. Pearl Lady had bruising and broken ribs on both sides of her body -- injuries consistent with falling from a high structure and falling head or chest first into the water.

Cops entertained the theory Pearl Lady may have jumped to her demise -- but then discovered the nearest bridge was 8 miles from the location where she was found.

While it's possible her body could have floated the 8 miles, cops say they'd have expected more markings and damage on Pearl Lady's body from river debris if that were the case.

Another theory is that Pearl Lady either fell -- or was pushed -- from a boat.

"We have these river boat tours that leave from our downtown area and go about 8 miles out and turn around," says Deb. "Pearl Lady was found 8 miles away from where the tours begin, and the river boats are very high."

According to Deb, the river boat tour is a popular tourist attraction in the area -- a scenic, peaceful thing to do while passing through town. If Pearl Lady was, in fact, from out of town, enjoying a boat tour would have been a likely activity.

"It's possible she was pushed, it's possible she thought about committing suicide and went through with it, but until we know who this woman is, we won't know for sure," says Detective Schweinefus.

A Promise To Identify Her

No matter what happened to Pearl Lady, Detective Schweinefus and Deb both want to see her identified.

"It is our responsibility to send her home. She needs to be buried somewhere," says Deb. "It just seems impossible that some nursing home, some community somewhere in this country isn't missing her."

Detective Schweinefus agrees, vowing to do what it takes to solve this case.

"She has nobody, no identity. No one is mourning for her or looking for her. A lost soul, if you will," explains Detective Schweinefus. "I've taken this upon myself to solve. I can't retire until I find out who this woman is."

If you know anything about the identity of the Pearl Lady, you've got to call our Hotline at 1-800-CRIME-TV.

Here is a possible - Jeanette Cousins Watson

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/watson_jeanette.html

watson_jeanette2.jpg

She is an inch or so taller than Pearl Lady, is listed as having blue-eyes (PL's eyes are listed as hazel) and her hometown is 900 miles away from North Bend OH, but she does bear a reasonable resemblance to her.

Probably not enough to run with, but I am putting it out there for discussion. This is the only other possible that I can find that even comes close.

There is a thread for this woman, but I wanted to put up the photo warning in the title, so if you want to combine the threads Mods, feel free!!:dance:

I ran across this woman tonight and thought I would get some feedback.:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Sheila Adamo:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/adamo_sheila.html

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/serving_ottawa/major_crime/missing_main.cfm

Namus File:
https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=4969

Doe File:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/606ufoh.html

Side by Sides:.

++++++++++++
Very very good work!:woohoo:

Is there any word on this potential match? Does anyone know how all those MP got ruled out when the DNA is not even complete? I sent an email hoping to get some answers.
Maybe Carl can help with this one:
On the dentals Carl, so you see anything at all to indicate the UID has crooked or chipped teeth? It is mentioned in another source for this UID.

Other things I see that are questionable:
The age of the female and yet no mention of her giving birth. Generally, on females that is listed along with any possible C sections or hysterectomy.

No mention the UID had pierced ears. Can't imagine she doesn't. But then not all women do, so that is just speculation on my part.

From my experience with bruises, scars, cuts, contusions, etc. I believe the extreme swelling and the localized bruising is consistent with what one would expect to see if the victim was hit in the face while wearing glasses. Yeah, I know that no glasses were mentioned, but neither was a coat, a scarf...ANYTHING warm in the way of clothing and this was in November in Ohio!

I believe the woman was killed elsewhere and dumped at the location. Just my two cents?
Anyone?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjules