VERDICT WATCH OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how angry he is at his mom and brother testifying against him. Without their testimony he had a much better chance of getting acquittals. Their testimony could possibly be what adds enough evidence for him to be convicted. Hard not to get convicted when co-conspirators turn State's evidence against you.

If he is ever free again I bet he will have zero to do with them. Angie said she had no way to make phone calls so I suspect family isn't rushing to add money to her commissary account.

Opinion.
I am betting that if he gets a NG he will disappear into the Alaskan sunset. Probably go to court and change his name also.

JMO

Jake said he had an OSB board that had 2 2x4 studs nailed lengthwise to each side it. He then sat it on top of the four eyelets in each corner of the truck. Nothing was said about securing the 2x4 studs to the eyelets so we can only assume they were literally just sat down on top of them. Then he stacked 12 bales of hay on top of the board. A bale of straw weighs at minimum Parker said of 40 to 50 lbs each. Parker figured it at 480 lbs. But depending on what kind of hay e.g. alfalfa weighs much more at 140 lbs per bale, there could have been up to 1200 lbs on that OSB board. OSB is not solid board. It is used for decking on roofs. It is much weaker in it's equivalent size and thickness than plywood. My opinion is once even 480 (the smallest calculated weight that was put on that OSB), the OSB would have bowed in a downward V shape in the middle making it impossible for 300 lbs George to crawl under. Then take that bowed board with that weight on top and travel down a road with a lot of bumps and potholes, which one poster who lives in the area said is the condition of the road they traveled and the board would have broken in the middle and crushed whoever was under it. The whole thing was a lie from start to finish. Maybe something Jake saw on Walking Dead or one of those other effed up shows he watched.

JMO
So how was the osb/plywood oriented. What was the size of the bed that was covered. I'm thinking 1 board lengthwise to the bed wouldn't work. Isn't a normal sheet 4 x 8. I'm thinking the span of the bed is greater then 4 ft. So 2 sheets, cut to fit going width wise to the bed?

How angry would you be if you were locked up for four years for something you had no part in, then put through a almost three month trial for your very life?

I know I would not be a happy camper, that's for sure.

JMO
It really doesn't matter whether George is a happy camper or not. What does matter is his impression on the jury. I'm sure he will hate the rest of his family and witnesses in his trial for the rest of his life.

IMO, he was cold, defiant and angry in his testimony and that just paints him as resentful that he was caught. Angry because he has been caught with a monumental about of evidence. Angry because Jake, Angie and other witnesses decided to tell the truth.

Angry, because his family didn't honor their long time criminal code....if no one speaks, we'll never be caught. That didn't happen and that's why he is so angry, mad and resentful. And IMO that was very apparent in his testimony.

IMO

How angry would you be if you were locked up for four years for something you had no part in, then put through a almost three month trial for your very life?

JMO
Probably very angry. But if it were me, I would understand that the most important thing would be to convince those jurors of my innocence. George didn't connect with the jurors. He never looked at them. He didn't plead to be understood. He tried to sell a story full of bull feathers. It was a rehearsed performance and the actors weren't that good.

So how was the osb/plywood oriented. What was the size of the bed that was covered. I'm thinking 1 board lengthwise to the bed wouldn't work. Isn't a normal sheet 4 x 8. I'm thinking the span of the bed is greater then 4 ft. So 2 sheets, cut to fit going width wise to the bed?
I am not sure, That is just how jake said he constructed it, tht's why I said it was a lie, start to finish.

JMO

JMO
Sorry, but the evidence says otherwise. Same with his father. They all must face the punishment for the lives they destroyed.

Two sheets width wise would hold more weight than one length wise, also. As would being attached on the sides rather than just resting on top of the side supports…

Jake said he had an OSB board that had 2 2x4 studs nailed lengthwise to each side it. He then sat it on top of the four eyelets in each corner of the truck. Nothing was said about securing the 2x4 studs to the eyelets so we can only assume they were literally just sat down on top of them. Then he stacked 12 bales of hay on top of the board. A bale of straw weighs at minimum Parker said of 40 to 50 lbs each. Parker figured it at 480 lbs. But depending on what kind of hay e.g. alfalfa weighs much more at 140 lbs per bale, there could have been up to 1200 lbs on that OSB board. OSB is not solid board. It is used for decking on roofs. It is much weaker in it's equivalent size and thickness than plywood. My opinion is once even 480 (the smallest calculated weight that was put on that OSB), the OSB would have bowed in a downward V shape in the middle making it impossible for 300 lbs George to crawl under. Then take that bowed board with that weight on top and travel down a road with a lot of bumps and potholes, which one poster who lives in the area said is the condition of the road they traveled and the board would have broken in the middle and crushed whoever was under it. The whole thing was a lie from start to finish.

JMO
Yes but you can't say that definitively - how thick was the board and how was the hay configured?
Was he correct about how many bales were used or was that a guess?

I'm assuming this is a short bed, right? That makes the OSB a partial sheet. That certainly makes a difference on how much weight it can hold

A short bed of that truck is 69"x 71" so 5'9" x 5'11". So 2 boards and the 2x4s connected them? Was it a short bed? Standard would make it 6'7"

The murder truck ha a step-side bed. 49 inches inside width. Im thinking 1 sheet length ways and cut off the over hang at the back if any.

Depending where they get their hay from it could be light bails. Our neighbor got "bargain" hay for her sheep one time. Bails were 25-30lbs. Bails can vary quite alot. Even from a decent supplier there can be light bails and heavy bails. From our guy light is 35lbs heavy is 50lbs. Much more and they get really hard to throw around when stacking.

Bails have a large surface area. The pounds per square inch would be very low. Im pretty confident 1 thicker sheet of osb on a stepside bed can hold 480lbs spread across the entire surface.

Moo.

The murder truck ha a step-side bed. 49 inches inside width. Im thinking 1 sheet length ways and cut off the over hang at the back if any.

Depending where they get their hay from it could be light bails. Our neighbor got "bargain" hay for her sheep one time. Bails were 25-30lbs. Bails can vary quite alot. Even from a decent supplier there can be light bails and heavy bails. From our guy light is 35lbs heavy is 50lbs. Much more and they get really hard to throw around when stacking.

Bails have a large surface area. The pounds per square inch would be very low. Im pretty confident 1 thicker sheet of osb on a stepside bed can hold 480lbs spread across the entire surface.

Moo.
That's cutting it close if the truck bed width inside is 49" and the osb is 48".

And even a 4x8 isn't truly that size, it's a little smaller.

Last edited:
So the bed is 4ft wide(49inches) and looks to be a shorter bed, say 5.7ft or possibly the 6.5ft variety. Lets split the difference and call it 6ft long. 4ft x 6ft is 24 square feet. If we use regular size bales and end up with 480lbs of hay, thats 20lbs per square foot. Again, moo, im pretty confident it can be done. Average bale is 18" wide and 36" long. Say 3 bales length ways up against the cab, then 3 bales in the same fashion right behind them. The outer bales would over hang the edge slightly. 3x18"=54". Bed is 49" inside the bed rails. Thats a 2.5" overhang on each side which would bring the bales pretty well flush with the outside of the bed rails. Alot of the weight of the outer bales would be supported by the bed rails. The more i think about it, the less weight is actually on the osb.

That's cutting it close if the truck bed width inside is 49" and the osb is 48".

Dimensional lumber (2x4, 4x6 etc) is smaller then advertised but sheet is right on the mark. 4ft x 8ft is 48" x 96". Still close i agree, now run a 2x4 down each side of the inside of the bed rail, on edge like was testified to. A 2x4 on edge is 1.5" wide, x2 is 3", so now 49" becomes 46" which leaves a 1" support down both sides for the osb. Very doable imho.

Dimensional lumber (2x4, 4x6 etc) is smaller then advertised but sheet is right on the mark. 4ft x 8ft is 48" x 96". Still close i agree, now run a 2x4 down each side of the inside of the bed rail, on edge like was testified to. A 2x4 on edge is 1.5" wide, x2 is 3", so now 49" becomes 46" which leaves a 1" support down both sides for the osb. Very doable imho.

Heres a theory i havnt seen mentioned- in regards to the security system found in the fire pit- What if GW3 had the boys go and buy a security system for the new grow operation he had going with CRsr?

Heres a theory i havnt seen mentioned- in regards to the security system found in the fire pit- What if GW3 had the boys go and buy a security system for the new grow operation he had going with CRsr?

Did he have a new grow op going with CR Sr? I don't recall that. My impression has been that Chris and Kenneth had their own grow op.

If there was a "new" grow op, where was it? Who testified about it? Just curious. There's been such an evidence and testimony dump in this case its difficult to remember all of it.

I looked at home depots osb and for width and length, there is some shaved off each dimension. Not much, but some.

I am betting that if he gets a NG he will disappear into the Alaskan sunset. Probably go to court and change his name also.

JMO

Living your best life, especially in OH, under the name George Wagner, would be problematic. I would change my last name.

But he won't have this problem when he is found guilty of murder and sentenced to LWOP. In prison he is just another number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413