GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

Starting a new thread for second morning session and prosecution closing arguments for Wagner Pike County murder trial

False stories told to lead investigators astray can be used as circumstantial evidence. How Wagners said relationship b/w Jake and Hanna were great when they weren't

Tattoos can be used as circumstantial evidence. All three men get them June 2016 - Billy got scorpion on trigger finger. Boonedocks movie clip as well

Canepa says it's "suspicious" a tattoo with 8 ball (8 victims) as well as skull and crossbones and just three aces.

Also strong circumstantial - the silencer recovered at the Peterson Rd farm with all the parts BCI found the Wagners bought before the murders

Burned up DVR also strong circumstantial evidence - why put it up for just a month and get a 3-year warranty for it and then later burn it up?

Canepa also says forged custody documents that were backdated also strong circumstantial evidence, as well as surveillance video of the roads in the area of crime scene showing vehicles passing in night.

Edited to include additional tweets.

Last edited:

Week 13 in #pikecountymassacre trial of #georgewagnerIV for@enquirer.

Closing arguments are underway in the #PikeCountyMassacre trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV. At 1:40 into her closing, Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa is telling jurors the evidence the prosecution presented shows the 2016 Pike County killings were a Wagner "family affair." 1/4

Canepa told the nine women and three men of the jury that circumstantial evidence is important in the case. Shoeprints, spent bullets and weapons all tie the Wagners to the killings. 2/4

While no evidence or witness pointed to Wagner IV shooting any of the 2016 victims, evidence does show he was intimately involved in the "criminal enterprise" and that he would not be someone "who would ever sit one out, who would ever not be involved," she said. 3/4

Before Canepa began her closing, Judge Randy Deering told the jury they would not be sequestered during their deliberations. He also informed them that death penalty would not be an option if they find Wagner IV guilty. Both sides took that off the table last week. 4/4

Haven't heard a specific time. I don't think they're restricted.

Judge did point out that in the closing argument part of the trial, each side will have a chance to rebut statements of the other side's argument.

That's why Parker is out of line in interrupting Canepa repeatedly. He will have a chance to rebut things she said during her closing argument. There's no need to interrupt.
Canepa can pay-back Parker by objecting during his closing argument.

Discussing Maglite parts, silencer found at Farm

Burned up DVR - why buy one in March 2016, put it up on your home then take it down and burn it. Bought a 3 yr warranty per AW

The bloody footprint: I know that there was shoeprint evidence at both CR1's and DR's. I never implied shoeprint evidence didn't exist. I was simply pointing out, as pointed out, in the link I'd attached, (Aha Moment for BCI) that BCI Investigator Elliot, had determined that the print found at CR1's, was not a single shoeprint, but two.

That print that G4 told Mommy Dearest, was his, was actually two shoeprints, one each of a left foot, both different sizes. I don't buy her testimony that G4 said it was his alone, and that Daddy wouldn't let him smudge it. AW placed G3 at the scene, inside the home, that way (gotta get him in the picture), which would be her only way of doing so, if she in fact stayed home and claims no knowledge, beyond them leaving the Peterson home.

Why would she lie? Why has AW lied all throughout her life? Weaving horrible stories, about others, out of thin air, has been a way of life for AW. I can definitely see her continuing her tradition. Especially, as it reminds us in the first link, attached in my original post; " Angela last year pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, burglary, and other charges in connection with the crimes and agreed to a prison sentence of at least 30 years. She also agreed to testify against any family member who took their case to trial.

She is in it for AW. She said it was her idea to plead guilty, and she had not been approached by the state. She said she took the deal in the hopes of one day getting out of prison to give her sons and grandchildren hugs and kisses. (I'm guessing if she were honest, it was to save herself from sitting on death row) ;) JM2

Ok. Thanks for making it clearer.

You are right, Angela could be lying or remembering it wrong when she said George admitted leaving a print and Billy stopped him from smearing it.

Many posters believe Angela and Jake when they say they are guilty but at the same time they don't believe anything they say about George. That they lied and framed George just to get their plea deals.

I do not believe Angela and Jake had to falsely frame George and lie about the details of his involvement to get their plea deals. If George was innocent and knew nothing they would have told their attorneys and the attorneys could still have reached a plea deal for them. The families did not want 4 trials at all. The family said this to Canepa and it is in a MSM article. So even without implicating George I believe they still had enough to say to get their deals.

The jurors might not believe everything Jake and Angela said, but they will have to decide the main thing.
Do they believe Angela and Jake when they say George went that night?

The jurors believing Angela and Jake's testimony placing George at the crime scenes could be the difference between the jury voting guilty or innocent of the Conspiracy Charge, even the murder charges.

Last edited:
Map shows all crime scenes, corroborates Jakes testimony and video showing vehicles going by when they check on KR, then two vehicles, one the truck they purchased. Second time they go left, caught on camera on 1475. See them coming back. George had been left at end of road.

All corroborates Jake's testimony.

On to Direct Evidence

AC talks about instructions - regard their testimony with grave suspicion. If you believe it is accurate, it can be considered fact.

"No saints on the pirate ship" example.

Jake - Direct evidence testimony
His testimony was supported by physical evidence - led them to the weapons, etc. He is telling the truth about this.

He also told them about the truck, it was factual. These were things prosecution didn't know at the time.

Recovered truck - Kate testified about Billy coming in before sun up to give her the truck. He was in a hurry, said he was going on a trip with Chris Rhoden.

Katy's testimony is accurate, no reason to doubt. Title confirms date.

Now onto direct evidence - specifically testimony from those who were there. But they need to be treated as accomplices. Brings out the pirate analogy again but need to regard testimony with "grave suspicion"

Jake was telling them the truth about something - led them to concrete buckets with the murder weapons inside - also gave them truck that was used

Talks about how Billy Wagner showed up at his brother's house the morning of murders before sunrise to give his niece the truck.

Angela corroborates what Jake said even though she was not provided her son's statements. Still doesn't have it.

Angela Wagner corroborated what Jake told them. AW was not provided with Jake's proffer. She still doesn't have Jake's proffer. All factual.

Don't take lightly.

Both say she bought shoes for Jake and George. GW4 wore 11's. Both say they wore the shoes that night. She talked to GW4 when they were getting molds made of feet. Said she felt bad she didn't have an answer. GW4 tells her 1 of the shoeprints was his, but Billy said no. This matches what Jake said about the shoeprints at Scene 1.

Two sources who didn't know what the other testified - verified the evidence about shoes print evidence.

GW4 wanted Angela to have the best attorney so she could take care of children. All on a call he made to her in 2018. Angela could have said she knew nothing about the murders, but she didn't. She confessed. Both could have blamed it all on Billy, but they told on themselves. They admitted guilt.

Tattoos can be used as circumstantial evidence. All three men get them June 2016 - Billy got scorpion on trigger finger. Boonedocks movie clip as well

Canepa says it's "suspicious" a tattoo with 8 ball (8 victims) as well as skull and crossbones and just three aces.
Considering a tattoo ALONE to indicate guilt doesn't sit well with me but adding it as another check mark in the COMBINED evidence does make sense.

It makes sense for the "big picture" but as a juror, I probably wouldn't give much weight to the tattoo, if any.

Both Jake and GW4 dying their hair. Linked to Boondock Saints. Chris Newsome confirmed that both of them did it.

JMO during GW4's testimony he denied (lied) about it.
He even said something like not that I recall or I don't remember at one point. I think dying your hair is NOT something you would say I don't recall or I don't remember. You've either dyed your hair or you haven't. I have had my hair dyed. I might not recall specific dates or times I had it dyed, but if I've never in my life dyed my hair, I would not say Not that I remember. It takes time to dye hair. Not a minute, not something that could be done and you don't know about it. He either did or didn't. Photos tell us he did, Jake and Angela tell us he did, Chris N tells us he did, and yet George says he didn't and then says well not that I remember. So again everyone is lying or mistaken but him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413