GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AC talks about "deal of the century" remark.

Jake told all the details, admitted to what he did. He could have lessened his involvement. He gave all details so families could get answers they wanted and to give prosecution details they needed.

12 hrs confession - 2 days

First he told where the weapons were
BCI was wrong about order of murders, no idea about drug deal ruse
Jake told all the details that made the pieces make sense

Reminds jury of when Angela testified George told her one of the bloody footprints was his and that he wanted to smear it out but father Billy said don't worry about it and come on.

George also wanted Angela to have the best lawyer so she can get out and take care of kids.

Canepa: "The reason they both say the same thing is because they are both telling the truth." And that this isn't the "deal of the century" - the Rhoden family agreed to deal because they wanted to know what happened and hold everyone accountable

Jake wasn't telling us what we wanted to hear. Told us much more than we knew at the time. Including the order of the killings. Made all the pieces make sense.

"Yes, take what he said with grave suspicion. We did." But everything he said was corroborated by evidence in hand and new evidence gathered

Another strong point so far talking about Angela: "George was her son ... why would you say George was involved if George wasn't involved?" Same thing for Jake

Considering a tattoo ALONE to indicate guilt doesn't sit well with me but adding it as another check mark in the COMBINED evidence does make sense.

It makes sense for the "big picture" but as a juror, I probably wouldn't give much weight to the tattoo, if any.
Yes, in my IMO, AC is providing comprehensive detailed explanation of the crimes I believe can be easily understood and jury will be able to put the puzzle together.

Canepa says prosecution agreed to deal after consulting with victims' family including removing death penalty if Jake testified. Asks why would he do that? Wanted to get his family out of trouble not into ... and wanted one last hug from his family before going to prison

Jake and Angela answered all the questions, but "I got a whole lot of I don't remembers out of George Wagner"

Canepa: What did Jake give us regarding George's involvement? George helped make false bed in truck. Billy told George to shoot Chris Sr in the head from a distance. George got into the bed to go up to Union Hill Rd as well

Canepa says it makes sense George would have SKS rifle - Jake found it unreliable. And that George didn't shoot when supposed to - Jake still doesn't know why.

Walking through the killings now. And how Billy was having "nervous breakdown"
@local12
Both Jake and George's prints were in Chris Sr's house and Billy's back was injured. And somehow bodies were moved inside - George was best candidate for making that happen

Edited to include additional tweet.

Last edited:
He even said something like not that I recall or I don't remember at one point. I think dying your hair is NOT something you would say I don't recall or I don't remember. You've either dyed your hair or you haven't. I have had my hair dyed. I might not recall specific dates or times I had it dyed, but if I've never in my life dyed my hair, I would not say Not that I remember. It takes time to dye hair. Not a minute, not something that could be done and you don't know about it. He either did or didn't. Photos tell us he did, Jake and Angela tell us he did, Chris N tells us he did, and yet George says he didn't and then says well not that I remember. So again everyone is lying or mistaken but him.

Also, a woman who took her car for repairs to the Wagners right before the murders, said George and Jake had dyed their hair. When she picked up her car after the murders a gate they had at Peterson Rd was locked and had never been locked before. From Scheiderer at Bond Hearing. Scheiderer mentioned this when he was saying that Chris Newcomb said they dyed their hair.

AC talks about Jakes testimony about GW4 not shooting Chris. A very tight group of shots on that door frame.

Billy was inside the home and Chris & Gary end up dead. Billy gets frantic. Jake calms him down. Gets keys from Chris and goes to grow room. Goes back to trailer and gets a cell phone. Both bodies dragged back to bedroom.

Jake and Billy's shoe prints were in the trailer.

Billy breaking back - they know Chris Sr beat him up. Jake says GW4 is strong as a bull ox. Lifted an engine block.

What makes most sense? AC hints Billy probably couldn't drag the bodies.
What is true is that GW4 went inside the trailer, his shoe prints are there

Considering a tattoo ALONE to indicate guilt doesn't sit well with me but adding it as another check mark in the COMBINED evidence does make sense.

It makes sense for the "big picture" but as a juror, I probably wouldn't give much weight to the tattoo, if any.
This is exactly what I think. Not any one thing is the "got you" moment. Maybe that is what people look for, but not often is there a single piece of evidence that just says, this person did it.
George testified that he didn't remember a whole lot of things that mattered per AC. But, he remembered inconsequential things.
It's funny the things he recalls about lots of events from all times during his life, but when it comes to an interview where his family is separated, read their Miranda rights, and interviewed for hours, he just doesn't recall exactly what he said to them. He might have said this or that, but he just doesn't recall. Then when he gets in the vehicle after what should have been a traumatizing event (if he truly was innocent and believed his family to be innocent) he says NOTHING about it. Not one question or statement about it. Not a wow, WTF, can you believe those people, the nerve of them to stop us for hours, etc. Not a mention of it and instead he thinks BCI might have given his son some sleepy medicine and he's more worried that Tabatha might have been at the border and THAT would be outrageous because she isn't allowed to be alone with Bulvine. THAT is the most disturbing thing in his mind, not being interviewed by BCI for the murders of 8 people.

At Frankies, Jake goes in, doesn't recall if GW4 came in or stood on the porch.

Couldn't find shells because house was messy.

Jake says his father fired additional shots. Locked the back door. Go back to the truck at Chris's - go to Dana's house, door unlocked.

Showing shoe print evidence. Print was facing Chris Jr's door, next to front door. It was GW4 size 11 print

When Jake came down the hall from shooting Dana and Hanna, he encountered his dad aiming the Glock at him, prepared. GW4 was behind him, ready to shoot if any victim came out.

I'm glad AC is concisely taking jury through the crime scenes in chronological order without adding confusing extemporaneous details. Compared to opening statement, this closing sounds easier for jury to understand. my opinion.

Went to KR's trailer. Billy killed him. They went around cleaning up.

Picked up GW4 at end of road, went to Chris's. Picked up murder truck, which had been hidden.

Went to Peterson Rd and burned up clothes, other evidence, cut up guns. GW4 helped him dig a hole to bury gun evidence til they could dispose of it.

Jake testified George was in Crime Scene 3 as well ... shoeprint in that house too size 11 - pointed toward Chris Jr room. George was lookout.

On to how George and Jake would try to mislead agents on while being listened to on wiretaps. Called the gun inventory "wish list”

George told people not to talk to BCI, and had an alibi at the border that matched everyone else’s

Corroborated by Angela and Jake as well. Also talked about how George went along with the fake custody documents - on lunch break until 1:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413