GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now discussing the venue issue - why it doesn't matter that part of Dana's property was in Scioto County. She's quoting law that allows all murders to be tried in 1 county - Pike.

Argued this before with Parker who, when AC pointed out this law that allows them to try in 1 county, Parker said "I still think its unconstitutional". Ok, Parker, take it to the SCOTUS JMO

Personally I found the constant “uhmmmms” and “we will talk about that later” combined with long pauses of her looking for information make it harder to hit the point home.

By the time she interjects herself and gets back to the “original” topic she was talking about, it just makes it harder for IMOO me to connect the pieces together. Hopefully the jurors don’t need have any of that JMHO.

Defense hasn't been able to prove that anything Jake or Angela has said is a lie.

Never heard what GW4 thought when Jake confessed.

He never said anything from the stand about being upset about Jake or his mom telling lies about him.
Defense will try to show in their closing statement that JW and AW lied about GW4's involvement. Expect lots of comments during defense closing.

Judge is reminding jury arguments of counsel are not evidence. Must rely on their memories about what the evidence shows.

AC is showing all the evidence that shows GW4 was involved in a conspiracy, was complicit. It's pretty detailed and there's a lot of evidence to make the case for GW4's conspiracy charge.

Personally I found the constant “uhmmmms” and “we will talk about that later” combined with long pauses of her looking for information make it harder to hit the point home.

By the time she interjects herself and gets back to the “original” topic she was talking about, it just makes it harder for IMOO me to connect the pieces together. Hopefully the jurors don’t need have any of that JMHO.
Hers is a style different from any other prosecutor I've watched during 30 years of sitting through trials in person, then following trials on TV and live stream.

Last edited:
Maybe it's my own deficiency, but I process the info better when it's concise. When the words come a few at a time, long pauses, ummm, etc., I have to start replaying and reconstructing the sentence in my mind so I can understand it. I get lots of practice with that watching my local newscasters attempting to read.

I still think she's getting it said, and done.

I feel like Wilson's style of presentation may have been able to shorten deliberations.
Same.
My entire life is built upon structure. Having to deviate from that I too need to start all over again and piece things together. "I don't want to know HOW the baby was made, just show me the baby" per se.

IMO, also makes her seem not confident. This is just me as we all process information differently.

She's continuing to go through each charge, explaining what it means, what jurors will be asked to consider and "find". Like a tutorial, then explaining the evidence for each one.

State's theory for why he's guilty is given for each charge.

Complicity can apply even if the defendant isn't physically present at a criminal offense. Guilty as if he performed every act committed, even if defendant wasn't there.

Conspiring can meet the definition of Complicity. Aided and abetted before, during and after the crime. Supported, assisted, encouraged, cooperated with or advised principal offenders.

Complicity can be found for GW4 in every count of the indictment.

State believes GW4 was Principal Offender (stronger than complicit)

Count 9 - Conspiracy
Count 12 - Aggravated Burglary Scene 1
Count 14 - Unlawful possession of dangerous ordinance
Count 15 & 17 - Tampering with Evidence
Count 21- Obstructing Justice
Count 22 - Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member