OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Betty, but ...

The yellow truck is in the video at LM's, in the news report BP linked.

Thanks, ColMustard. That's the one. It probably isn't related to the murders, but I was listing all the trucks in the video and photos linked to determine which one we were discussing.

Right, this is not referring to an actual truck, it's the GPS system they used. It's listed specifically under Cyber Reports. The F 150 Samsung SM is a cell phone.

How to Update the GPS Navigation on a Ford F-150 Truck

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R Support & Manual | Samsung Business

Amazon Records
"........."
Boot Tread Research
"........."
Community Carriage & Leather
"........."
Cyber Reports
"........."

F_150_ Garmin GPS _ Riley (I think Riley is the agent's name)

F_150_ Samsung SM_ T210R_ Riley (I think Riley is the agent's name)

Agree, the names at the end of each article of evidence belongs to the agent who handled it - chain of custody. From the discovery docs, it appears all the investigators have detailed records of chain of custody for all the evidence. Pages and pages of it.

ETA: Yes, we understand the F 150 wasn't taken into evidence, itself. But the GPS devices appear to have been taken from trucks of that type. It's all still a mystery for the general public.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the alleged discovery doc with info about GPS on Chris Srs truck? TIA
Hello Datocincy
I noticed that you said you have did a lot of research on the Rhodens murders, I would like to ask you a question about what is your take on the way Big Chris’s truck was parked behind Little Chris car and why wasn’t Little Chris’s car parked at Dana’s house because that is where his body was found, do you think that the killers drove Big Chris’s truck to Kenny home and that is the reason he let his guard down, he might have looked out and saw Chris Sr truck and didn’t get his gun to protect himself,

Chris Sr, GPS from his F150 is listed in Discovery?
I do not think that they drove Chris SR truck from one scene to another. Also, in order for them to get GPS information, there has to be a device or service attached or in the vehicle (cell, GPS on the car, ankle monitor, etc.). I’m not sure how new his truck was, and if it’s movements would have been traceable by GPS.
I’m interested in the theory of someone driving up or luring Chris to the door. Perhaps Angie, who never got out of the vehicle. And then the rest of them are on 4 wheelers. And someone had to throw the dogs some steaks that would take them a while to eat. Just some thoughts. JMO

Thanks, ColMustard. That's the one. It probably isn't related to the murders, but I was listing all the trucks in the video and photos linked to determine which one we were discussing.

Agree, the names at the end of each article of evidence belongs to the agent who handled it - chain of custody. From the discovery docs, it appears all the investigators have detailed records of chain of custody for all the evidence. Pages and pages of it.

ETA: Yes, we understand the F 150 wasn't taken into evidence, itself. But the GPS devices appear to have been taken from trucks of that type. It's all still a mystery for the general public.

Yes, it's a GPS specifically designed for F 150 Fords. Evidently it was taken out of a Ford they had.

Ford F-150 is now starting to become a favorite vehicle where before it was mainly sold to those who wanted a functional pick-up truck. Because of this shift Ford has had to add some new features to make them more popular and one is the Ford Navigation System by
Garmin (in discovery)
Multinational Technology Company

I didn't think about chain of custody, but yes, that is one reason to document all evidence with the investigator's name, and I'm sure, signature.
The Court Reporter for Rita's GJ Testimony had to take the stand during Rita's Hearing and explain how she handled the chain of custody with her computer.

Not only was there an alleged :cool: "mystery man in blue" :cool: but her attorney alluded to computer tampering and bias on her part for working for the Sheriff.

Didn't work though, "grasping at straws" ......2 Cents.....

Last edited:
Yes, it's a GPS specifically designed for F 150 Fords. Evidently it was taken out of a Ford they had.

Ford F-150 is now starting to become a favorite vehicle where before it was mainly sold to those who wanted a functional pick-up truck. Because of this shift Ford has had to add some new features to make them more popular and one is the Ford Navigation System by
Garmin (in discovery)

I didn't think about chain of custody, but yes, that is one reason to document all evidence with the investigator's name, and I'm sure, signature.
The Court Reporter for Rita's GJ Testimony had to take the stand during Rita's Hearing and explain how she handled the chain of custody with her computer.

Not only was there an alleged :cool: "mystery man in blue" :cool: but her attorney alluded to computer tampering and bias on her part for working for the Sheriff.

Yes, I recall that and there was no "mystery man in blue". None of the people present that day who were in the courtroom at RN's hearing saw any such person. He's apparently a figment of her imagination. She lost on that one.

As for chain of custody of the computer, not all the people involved with handling the computer were in the pre-trial hearing that day, so couldn't answer. That's why the defense attorneys keep trying to bring these surprise issues up in pre-trial hearings. It doesn't give the prosecution any notice of which witnesses they need to call to answer defense questions and accusations. It creates the illusion that there are gaps in the prosecution's case. Cheap trick. It will be resolved during the trial. Same thing with the "mystery man in blue".

RN will be convicted based on the forgery charges. Those crimes are pretty easy to prove. As for GJ testimony, it's all there in the transcripts and audio. The prosecution can call in witnesses who were at the GJ hearings to verify what RN said, which answers she gave to questions.

JMO

Um, wow, that's a lot of mileage, in 16 years, 343,000 miles, for a person who doesn't have a job; just saying.
I've got a 2004 Chevy truck I've driven to work every day for 15 years - only has 84,000 miles.
Plus, an Excursion's not cheap on gas - less than 20mpg - maybe $300 a month in fuel for that many miles in that time frame? AW must have been quite the gallivanter - not begrudging her lifestyle ... just wondering. Maybe FWF has their own vehicle gas tank on the property available to the W4. JMO/MOO.
Also, her asking price was about three times the value on a quick internet search. Wonder who bought it.
Color me puzzled, and all JMO.
Just a thought, but maybe she wasn't the only Wagner driving that SUV. As an aside, the Explorer has a huge amount of enclosed cargo space.
Also she/they might have bought it used?

I remember MANY threads back, someone was able to search the ownership/mileage of the infamous red pickup truck. It had many owners.... I will look to see if I can find the link, otherwise, JMO.

I am also going to look for another link that may have tied the ownership of the red truck to one of the mysterious names in AW's discovery.
JMO, but I will try to link names to earlier thread posts. This might take a while!

Football tonight!

Last edited:

Garmin (in discovery)

Thank you for that research! Turns out we all might be right.

"The mystery man in blue", AKA "the shooter on the grassy knoll"...

Last edited:
The Silver Ford Truck is a F150

Wow. For real? Then Johnny must be correct. In that case, I would agree it COULD be CRSR'S. What confuses the issue is that I can't find an "F-150 Samsung SM-T210R." Only a Samsung tablet, without the F-150 in the name. It seems the entries would be consistent on the document. Was the Excursion AW sold an F150? Sorry, just now getting to post. Thanks all.

Yes, I recall that and there was no "mystery man in blue". None of the people present that day who were in the courtroom at RN's hearing saw any such person. He's apparently a figment of her imagination. She lost on that one.

As for chain of custody of the computer, not all the people involved with handling the computer were in the pre-trial hearing that day, so couldn't answer. That's why the defense attorneys keep trying to bring these surprise issues up in pre-trial hearings. It doesn't give the prosecution any notice of which witnesses they need to call to answer defense questions and accusations. It creates the illusion that there are gaps in the prosecution's case. Cheap trick. It will be resolved during the trial. Same thing with the "mystery man in blue".

RN will be convicted based on the forgery charges. Those crimes are pretty easy to prove. As for GJ testimony, it's all there in the transcripts and audio. The prosecution can call in witnesses who were at the GJ hearings to verify what RN said, which answers she gave to questions.

JMO

Amen, Betty!! Can't wait for RN's trial!

Respectfully bolded by me for emphasis.

To clarify, RN was not charged with Conspiracy. We don't know yet which kind of corrupt activity the family was engaged in per the indictments. It could have been any kind of enterprise or activity. Evidence of that kind of activity could be in a variety of forms - emails, records of financial transactions, surreptitious audio or video recordings, witness testimony, grand jury testimony, etc.

But, the most obvious activity to which those charges might apply is murder. It could be something as simple as covering up for the 4W's after the murders. Giving false alibis, etc.

As for RN not being indicted for Count 22 - Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity, there are probably a couple of reasons.
  • She's the first person to go to trial. Trying her on that charge would mean the prosecution has to present their entire case for aggravated murder, etc. against the 4 Wagners.
  • That would reveal the prosecution's case too early and
  • would confuse jurors and also might unfairly malign RN, since she didn't actively participate in the murders.

The prosecution will make the case for Count 22 during the murder trials, as part of the big picture of how the 4 Wagners developed their plan, carried it out and covered it up. Even though they haven't charged RN or FW (who is also named) it's necessary to mention them in the indictment since they were apparently involved at some level.

JMO

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Notes:
  • RN is not charged with Conspiracy, but is mentioned in Count 22 charges against the 4 Wagners - Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
  • GWIII is charged with forgery related to the custody documents
  • Count 22 in all four W murder indictments carries weapons specifications, including one that says weapons were brandished and that automatic weapons were used - so I'm guessing the corrupt activity is the murder

I'm working on a special project, more to come.

ETA: The charges for pattern of corrupt activity specifically refer to the activitiy as that in Counts 1 through 21 - IOW the murders, cover up, aggravated burglary, etc. No reference to other crimes unrelated to the murders.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

BettyP, I somewhat agree, but still need more study on this one. The 4 W's are the only ones listed in the Conspiracy charge, which, I interpret as the plan and preparation used to carry out the murders. Count 22, IMO, includes RN, FW, AND lots more. Since DeWine mentioned "an undercurrent of drugs," I think that was a hint that there is more coming. JMO

I think these were the trucks the Wagners drove to AK. I am not a car buff and can't easily identify whether they are Fords or not. Can anyone else tell whether either one is a F-150?

I would think the GPS in the Wagner vehicles would be pretty valuable evidence. Documents their travels and any side trips trips taken.

Photo is from: Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online
424FE8B900000578-4683690-image-a-4_1500034250325.jpg
I think I found the answer in JW's 1/19/2019 Supplemental Discovery on page 2.
There are inventory summary's for the 41 search on 5/12/2017:
A black Dodge Ram 2500 and a gray Dodge Ram.

Also inventory summary's for: a white enclosed trailer, a black goose neck trailer and a black semi-trailer.

What happened to the black semi-trailer? Did it make it to AK or back home a year later?

If you read the entire article and photo captions, the article keeps referring to three vehicles to AK.

There is also a line item in the 41 summary's - "Miscellaneous Documents" 802 pp. What possible reason would you haul all that paper all the way to AK? Must have been something important in there..

OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Last edited:
Wow. For real? Then Johnny must be correct. In that case, I would agree it COULD be CRSR'S. What confuses the issue is that I can't find an "F-150 Samsung SM-T210R." Only a Samsung tablet, without the F-150 in the name. It seems the entries would be consistent on the document. Was the Excursion AW sold an F150? Sorry, just now getting to post. Thanks all.

No, a Ford Excursion is a large version of an SUV. A Ford F-150 is a pickup truck, usually more utilitarian than an SUV.

Wow! You are right! So simple. So chilling. Right in front of me.

Rita: I can't forge Hanna's signature, Hanna will dispute it.

Angela: Don't worry about it, she won't.

Rita: What if she does? How do you know?

Angela:Please just sign it, trust me it will be taken care of, you won't get into trouble.

Rita would have had to, at the very least, been suspicious about what they were planning. Then after the murders she would have known. Even if Angie denied it Rita would know the whole thing was no coincidence.

For the first time I'm coming to terms with the possibility that Rita knew something would happen but didn't try to stop it. That she turned a "blind eye" and played the "I don't want to know anything" card...2 Cents....

I mean if she really did falsely notarized Hanna's signature. If she's found guilty...

I might would think, this sounds "off" but, if RN had been forging docs in the past, OR, signing them w/o the other person present, then it may not have concerned her. Who in their right mind thinks their daughter or grandson(s) would be plotting to kill eight people? Even if she called in the request, what proof did she have? That's not enough to get them put away and hence stop the danger. By the brother wanting one signed too, it seemed more likely it was about what it appeared to be, custody, due to the difficult rules re; father's rights in Ohio. Do I think it was about that? No, but neither are my grandsons, if they were, I might think differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soundvisualproductions