OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WKRC saw fit to include this information again:

A Rhoden family member told Local 12 in 2017 that the Wagners wanted sole custody of the daughter Hanna and Jake had together and that the Wagners tried to get Hanna to sign over custody of the little girl in the weeks before the murders.

From link above...

Is Gerlach running up and down the stairs like a "racehorse"? :rolleyes::cool:

My audio isn't going to be great today. Had a plumbing emergency last night and fans are running now. So I may not be able to transcribe it well, but others are here...

Nope, 5 charges, too many to dismiss. I think she will take a plea if Gerlach can get her off with no jail time. It's the possible jail time that would matter in a plea. Opinion.
She would be incredibly lucky to get a plea with no jail or prison time. "Take the $ and run."

Yes, perhaps get rid of the jail time in exchange for some testimony in the trials. We can always hope.

Looks like a woman was in the courtroom taking cell phone photo of judge's bench. Looks like she's waiting too.

Yes, perhaps get rid of the jail time in exchange for some testimony in the trials. We can always hope.
Can you imagine Rita testifying against the Wagners? In the phone calls Angie "ordered"
Rita : "don't testify against us."
I think it would be super hard for her to do. But, what if--as you say--she is offered no jail time for her testimony? The jail time is strong leverage. Opinion but I know jail and prison get used as leverage.

Special Agent Scheiderer is talking to Miss Geneva and her daughter in the gallery. Rita at defense table. She seems nervous and upset to me. Putting her head in her hands, she seems different from all the other court appearances.

Last edited:
Audio is on. Rita still looking nervous.

Junk is smiling. Gerlach smiling. Everyone seems cheerful except RN.
Someone is in the gallery supporting RN. RN turned and looked to the gallery behind her and said "ok" to someone. Her son?

Levy Twitter
Judge Deering says an agreement has been reached between the parties in case of Rita Newcomb. She is withdrawing plea of guilty. Pleading guilty to obstruction - misdemeanor of 2nd degree. Counts 1, 2, 3 and 5 being dropped @Local12

Levy corrects tweet.

CORRECTION: Newcomb is withdrawing plea of "not guilty" to other charges. Prior tweet was a typo. She is pleading guilty to misdemeanor count of obstruction. Other felonies, perjury and forgery dismissed. No agreement on sentence.

Newcomb has acknowledged that she was not the individual who signed the 3 separate custody documents at issue in the case. Newcomb is a notary. She had been asked to say that it was here ( her? ) by Angela Wagner, her daughter, according to prosecution @Local12
Angela Wagner is the suspected mastermind of the Rhoden/Gilley murders. Prosecutors have said the Wagners were "obsessed" with custody and control of children (namely Wagner's granddaughter, Hanna Rhoden's daughter) @Local12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members