OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripped from the headlines of the Waverley News-Watchman:

Just after 6 p.m. on Monday, Pike County Interim Sheriff James E. Nelson reported that the Pike County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating a possible homicide that occurred in central Pike County. According to Nelson, this is an ongoing investigation at this time.

He stated that further details will be released as they become available.

The News Watchman has heard reports that the investigation concerns a shooting on Johnson Hill Road on Monday afternoon and that BCI was helping with the case.
My Observations:

Looks to be about 10 miles as the crow flies from Rhoden crime scenes.
If it is related, the area will be up to it's keister in cops.

What did she do? This must have been before the hearing...
I always assumed she wore them for privacy because she ends up on camera alot and gets alot of scrutiny.
I wonder if she will--for once--come to Angela's hearing this Wednesday since Jake is also scheduled that day?

Jake 10:00am Angela 1:30pm. If she's there for Jake then just leaves and doesn't come back, well that will say a whole lot about who she blames.
Opinion

CC, I don't think she came to Jake or Angela's last hearings, but she did come to George 4's last hearing (didn't she comment he had lost weight?). I don't think she has missed any of Billy's hearings since her own charges were dismissed. I don't think she will be present for either hearing on Wednesday. All JMO

OT but there was a homicide in Pike Co today.. was it RN?
She stated at her preliminary bond hearing that she lives in South Webster which is in Scioto County.
FW is no better than the her Accused killer family, if she stands behind them and supports them, if so she needs to be put back on trial, JMO

She supports them alright, right there in court today for Bad Billy.

And why do you think Fred would act like this:

On Febuary 12th 2019, Fred made statements that indicated that she herself knew the Rhodens:

"I thought that they were going to kill Billy because he was such good friends with Chris Rhoden,” Wagner said.

“If your son was the best friend [of a victim], and something like this happened to that family, and your grandson was, in my eyes, married to Hanna [Rhoden], you better be scared. They might come after this family,
too."

" Wagner said that there were no custody battles between her grandson and Hanna. "If they had been fighting, I would have known,” she said. “I loved Hanna. She was Sophia’s mother. Everybody was getting along fine until this tragedy.”

So then Fred's charges get dismissed and as she leaves court that day she was asked--"who committed the murders? " Her cold dismissive response was quote:

"Perhaps A Cartel? I don't know who killed those people,
I didn't know them."

Notice that before her charges were dismissed she spoke fondly of knowing the Rhodens, how she loved Hanna, she knew what was going on with them etc...

But now that she's free of her charges she very coldly refers to them as just "those people." People of no consequence to her because, hey, she didn't even know them.

Say what?

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

She stated at her preliminary bond hearing that she lives in South Webster which is in Scioto County.

On Febuary 12th 2019, Fred made statements that indicated that she herself knew the Rhodens:

"I thought that they were going to kill Billy because he was such good friends with Chris Rhoden,” Wagner said.

“If your son was the best friend [of a victim], and something like this happened to that family, and your grandson was, in my eyes, married to Hanna [Rhoden], you better be scared. They might come after this family,
too."

" Wagner said that there were no custody battles between her grandson and Hanna. "If they had been fighting, I would have known,” she said. “I loved Hanna. She was Sophia’s mother. Everybody was getting along fine until this tragedy.”

So then Fred's charges get dismissed and as she leaves court that day she was asked--"who committed the murders? " Her cold dismissive response was quote:

I didn't know them."

Notice that before her charges were dismissed she spoke fondly of knowing the Rhodens, how she loved Hanna, she knew what was going on with them etc...

But now that she's free of her charges she very coldly refers to them as just "those people." People of no consequence to her because, hey, she didn't even know them.

Say what?

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

DBM too sickening to post

CC, I don't think she came to Jake or Angela's last hearings, but she did come to George 4's last hearing (didn't she comment he had lost weight?). I don't think she has missed any of Billy's hearings since her own charges were dismissed. I don't think she will be present for either hearing on Wednesday. All JMO
Fred hasn't been to any of Angela's hearings, at least I've never seen her there.
I saw her at least once at one of Jake's hearings. And yes I remember she commented on GW4's weight loss which, wow, is noticable. Big Bad Billy is Bigger and he does get the most courtside support from her. He seemed to give her a look today when coming into court.

I agree, Fred likely won't show up Wednesday but if she did show up for Jake but not hang around for Angela it would be very telling.
I wonder how all 4 get commissary and phone money? I wonder if they get any paid work in jail? Otherwise they would have to rely on family help. Sometimes an inmate has a skill other inmates pay commissary items for. Or you can trade your jail dinner for some commissary items etc....Commissary is currency when your locked up.

....2 Cents....

What did she do? This must have been before the hearing...
I always assumed she wore them for privacy because she ends up on camera alot and gets alot of scrutiny.
I wonder if she will--for once--come to Angela's hearing this Wednesday since Jake is also scheduled that day?

Jake 10:00am Angela 1:30pm. If she's there for Jake then just leaves and doesn't come back, well that will say a whole lot about who she blames.
Opinion

Was wondering the same thing. It will be interesting to see if FW attends both hearings or just Jake's. FW should be careful. AW could flip, just like her mother did.

For clarification: I in no way intended to insinuate that she had opiates in her system. I should have better represented my thoughts.

TY. My understanding is a foam cap can also develop if a person doesn't die immediately from traumatic injury. The body tries to keep breathing as cells are breaking down and fluids are released. This can lead to additional assault charges in a murder case, because of the suffering by the deceased prior to death. jmo/moo

I remember reading in an article so long ago that when JM opened DR's door he saw her legs sticking outward from her doorway into the hall. Anyone else remember this and what article it was? TIA

I remember the article. JR went in, saw DR's legs - and I thought he saw her legs sticking out of the bathroom - then he backed out of the house, he said, because he "didn't want to see his niece that way." JMO

That was in an article in the first day or two of the murders, probably the Chillicothe Gazette - it was the paper I read most in the first days.

Serosangunieous fluid in the right hemithorax 300 milliliter and 200 milliliter on the left, this happens in trauma to the chest. This was on Hanna May Rhodens autopsy report, Does anyone else have a thought about this fluids?

TY, JBB. Maybe the killers punched her in the chest to keep her down, causing the trauma as they were killing her brother or mom. Just a thought because IIRC she had two bullets to the head but no shots to the chest.

The heart of this case is that 8 members of one family were stalked (for months and months if not years) like animal prey.

The entire family was then murdered (during the dark of night) while a newborn child and infant child were in the bed with their mothers. Four different homes were invaded to murder this family in the cover of the night.

JMO...but I believe the W's wanted custody of SW. If they asked for shared custody then the State of Ohio takes over and decides child support. JW would have had to pay but with HR dead (and no immediate family descendants) then he received money.

Thanks evelezrn! I take it was a pretty short hearing? Interesting they need to hire someone to coordinate all the evidence for Billy's trial?

Sounded like the discovery coordinator is to organize the documentation and nomenclature of all the discovery, for all four defendants, to the benefit of all the attorneys (state & defense). According to GW3 attorney's request to the judge, it would improve discussion, because they could all "speak the same language" - makes sense to me.

Judge Deering requested cost estimates for the discovery coordinator to be submitted by January 30, 2020.

too."

I didn't know them."

Say what?

Good point.

Sounded like the discovery coordinator is to organize the documentation and nomenclature of all the discovery, for all four defendants, to the benefit of all the attorneys (state & defense). According to GW3 attorney's request to the judge, it would improve discussion, because they could all "speak the same language" - makes sense to me.

Judge Deering requested cost estimates for the discovery coordinator to be submitted by January 30, 2020.

Defense in Wagner case motions to have equal access to information

More discussion of the request for a "discovery coordinator" (BTW, if granted there are several people here who should apply for the job :p;)). I agree, the state has given them a good summary/outline of the evidence in the case. If its in a spreadsheet format, that should be plenty of information.

JMO, but sometimes I get the impression at the W hearings that the attorneys don't spend a lot of time working on these cases until a few days before each hearing. They don't seem to be in any hurry to bring the cases to trial. After RN decided to take the plea agreement, they're probably all treading water, so to speak, to see what the other defendants do next.

FW is probably trying to run the show or coordinate the defense strategies for her son and grandsons, but RN's plea really threw a spanner in the works. The discovery coordinator will likely be seen as helpful to a coordinated defense strategy among the 4 Ws. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. AW has to realize by now she's been thrown under the bus.

The heart of this case is that 8 members of one family were stalked (for months and months if not years) like animal prey.

The entire family was then murdered (during the dark of night) while a newborn child and infant child were in the bed with their mothers. Four different homes were invaded to murder this family in the cover of the night.

JMO...but I believe the W's wanted custody of SW. If they asked for shared custody then the State of Ohio takes over and decides child support. JW would have had to pay but with HR dead (and no immediate family descendants) then he received money.
I have never seen anything stating JW paid support regularly. He said in an interview that he helped her financially. I'm sure court ordered support would be more than he was giving her. Did JW have a full time job and regular income after the truck driving stopped? A court ordered support amount may have taken a large amount of what he was making. That could be incentive to try to get custody. Maybe working with that attorney before the murders, he found out he was not likely to get court ordered custody of SW and what it could cost him to pay support if he didn't get custody... That could have been incentive to make sure he got custody and didn't have to pay support. My opinions only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth