OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking orange in this pic, but the pic I was thinking of showed the car in the driveway with the tape looking red or orange.

Up to 18 vehicles towed from Pike County massacre property

edit: The link above is pic #3, if you advance to pic #4 in the slideshow, you'll see the same tape on a pickup truck. It's a crime scene seal, to seal the truck door.

edited edit: Well now the slideshow skips pic 4 and goes straight to pic 5, a wide shot of the same red truck with crime scene seal in the driver's door. I can't explain it, maybe if you access the pics from the article link: Up to 18 vehicles towed from Pike County massacre property

Click - " 5 - view all photos" beside the video. Their site isn't working well for me at the moment.
I saw it in that picture, thank you.

I don't have a link to the photo, so it is just my opinion. I was replying to Ann99's post about the photo.
Good catch about the spot marked evidence on the car door....

I know for a fact that DNA can come from many things! Remember they swab people's mouths for DNA, inside of cheek. You spit in a cup to find out your DNA profile for those ancestry sites.

How Can a Person's DNA Be Found at a Crime Scene?

78486183_XS.jpg

Bodily Fluids
One of the most common sources of DNA at a crime scene is a bodily fluid. Blood, saliva, sweat, urine and semen can readily provide DNA information at crime scenes, as can just about any other substance secreted or excreted by the body.

Skin and Hair
Dead skin cells and hair follicles naturally fall away from the body on a regular basis, and their presence at the crime scene may provide enough information for DNA analysis. In addition, if a struggle occurred, a victim might have skin cells from a criminal trapped underneath his fingernails.

Touch DNA
Touch DNA refers to the oils and epithelial cells left whenever a person touches any object. Any time your skin contacts another surface, it may leave trace amounts of your DNA behind.

Thanks!

I don't have a link to the photo, so it is just my opinion. I was replying to Ann99's post about the photo.
Good catch about the spot marked evidence on the car door....

I know for a fact that DNA can come from many things! Remember they swab people's mouths for DNA, inside of cheek. You spit in a cup to find out your DNA profile for those ancestry sites.

How Can a Person's DNA Be Found at a Crime Scene?

78486183_XS.jpg

Bodily Fluids
One of the most common sources of DNA at a crime scene is a bodily fluid. Blood, saliva, sweat, urine and semen can readily provide DNA information at crime scenes, as can just about any other substance secreted or excreted by the body.

Skin and Hair
Dead skin cells and hair follicles naturally fall away from the body on a regular basis, and their presence at the crime scene may provide enough information for DNA analysis. In addition, if a struggle occurred, a victim might have skin cells from a criminal trapped underneath his fingernails.

Touch DNA
Touch DNA refers to the oils and epithelial cells left whenever a person touches any object. Any time your skin contacts another surface, it may leave trace amounts of your DNA behind.

Thanks!

Right, AC is very careful with her words.
I took that statement to mean there is DNA but it belongs to someone else, or if it is GW4 DNA, it will come out in relation to another piece of evidence in one of the other 3 trials.

Evidence may be so overwhelming that DNA evidence isn't needed in his case. We just do not know...

See if this goes to the door with the red seal on the red pickup. Silver Eclipse is one pic back in the slideshow, but the site behaves the same way, can't access pic 3 from this link.

edit: Just use the "thumbnails" button on any of those slideshow links. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link! I hadn't seen the interview before with the guy from the local towing company who towed away evidence cars. I could see the tape on some of the doors, etc., as you say. I also noted the towing company owner said some of the vehicles they towed had missing engines, parts, etc. Obv. those wouldn't have been used by anyone the night of the murders, but it's possible the cars were touched by the killers while hiding out or approaching or leaving CR's trailer. What if one of the killers snuck in or surveilled the property by hiding in one of the abandoned vehicles?

Thanks for those links, especially the Up to 18 vehicles news video. Is it just me, but does the photo of the white car on the tow trailer show blood or something similar on the door? It shows red "crime evidence" sealing tape, but there's also a red looking spot nearby. Maybe just my imagination.

See if this goes to the door with the red seal on the red pickup. Silver Eclipse is one pic back in the slideshow, but the site behaves the same way, can't access pic 3 from this link.

edit: Just use the "thumbnails" button on any of those slideshow links. :rolleyes:

That is a seal over the door to show the inside may be a crime scene they would know if the the door has been opened because the seal would be broken. I'm sure botth doors had that. Probably a lot of the cars towed had that seal over the doors. The silver car looks as though the seal was broken opening the door to load it or something...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-14 Up to 18 vehicles towed from Pike County massacre property.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-14 Up to 18 vehicles towed from Pike County massacre property.png
    524.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2020-02-14 Up to 18 vehicles towed from Pike County massacre property(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-02-14 Up to 18 vehicles towed from Pike County massacre property(1).png
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
Thanks for that link! I hadn't seen the interview before with the guy from the local towing company who towed away evidence cars. I could see the tape on some of the doors, etc., as you say. I also noted the towing company owner said some of the vehicles they towed had missing engines, parts, etc. Obv. those wouldn't have been used by anyone the night of the murders, but it's possible the cars were touched by the killers while hiding out or approaching or leaving CR's trailer. What if one of the killers snuck in or surveilled the property by hiding in one of the abandoned vehicles?

Thanks for those links, especially the Up to 18 vehicles news video. Is it just me, but does the photo of the white car on the tow trailer show blood or something similar on the door? It shows red "crime evidence" sealing tape, but there's also a red looking spot nearby. Maybe just my imagination.

The tape is broken and that is part of the tape that sealed the door...

The tape is broken and that is part of the tape that sealed the door...

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure. The shape and color seem different, but that's just my old eyes. :confused::D

Either way it's significant that LE picked 18 cars, some marked with evidence tape, out of the many vehicles at CR1's place and the other crime scenes. In the photos, I counted more than 30 cars and trucks just at CR1's.

Either way, we know the state has DNA evidence to use against at least one of the killers, probably more.

Hey Betty... will not DNA evidence be somewhat difficult because of everybody knowing and being around everybody else? On another note... don't you think the killers had gloves on anyway?

I suppose that depends on where they find it and the type or source of the DNA. If it's DNA found in one of the killers' blood left at a crime scene, for example, that could be very incriminating. I've always wondered if any of the killers were injured that night, especially in the fight with CR1. If they find a victim and killer's DNA on an article of clothing or a weapon, etc. - also very incriminating. If they find some blood dropped in an area where the killers were allegedly seen on one of the hunting cams on the Rhoden property, also problematic. Check the evidence list.

These are just alternatives to the most popular theory, which is DNA found on the weapon, shells recovered at the scene or silencer parts possibly found in the old well.

I am beyond interested in the planning/carrying out the actual murders. I keep thinking about how easily the 'plan' could have gone to you-know-what. Somebody awake with a stomach ache, insomnia, baby not sleeping, etc
I am still fascinated how it all happened.
I think about how instead of having dinner together or something... they planned to wipe out an entire family. Crazy

I am beyond interested in the planning/carrying out the actual murders. I keep thinking about how easily the 'plan' could have gone to you-know-what. Somebody awake with a stomach ache, insomnia, baby not sleeping, etc
I am still fascinated how it all happened.
I think about how instead of having dinner together or something... they planned to wipe out an entire family. Crazy

BBM

I know, right? It's mind boggling. They were very lucky they didn't get caught that night. That a victim didn't have time to scream or dial 911, etc. I don't mean lucky in a good way, either. When you look back on other well known murder sprees and serial killings, its not unusual for killers to have succeeded with some amount of luck. Ted Bundy talked of almost being caught a couple of times.

When we do finally learn the details, we'll probably learn of more than a few screw ups that terrible night.

BBM

I know, right? It's mind boggling. They were very lucky they didn't get caught that night. That a victim didn't have time to scream or dial 911, etc. I don't mean lucky in a good way, either. When you look back on other well known murder sprees and serial killings, its not unusual for killers to have succeeded with some amount of luck. Ted Bundy talked of almost being caught a couple of times.

When we do finally learn the details, we'll probably learn of more than a few screw ups that terrible night.
Sorry if this has already been asked, my memory fails me at times, but do you think a cell phone jammer was used? I keep thinking about CRjr hiding. Many people sleep with their phones and what if he tried to call 911 and it wouldn't go through? Jmo(although it's more of a thought than opinion) I hope not because I can only imagine how terrified he must have been. Can't wait for the W trials, I hope justice will be served! P.S. love reading all sleuths thoughts and research, thank you all!

Hey
Hey Betty... will not DNA evidence be somewhat difficult because of everybody knowing and being around everybody else? On another note... don't you think the killers had gloves on anyway?
Hey Sleuthers, remember 3 of the killers where over 200 pounds and under a lot of pressure the night of April 21/22-2016 they had to gather all the surveillance cameras up , commit murder of 8 people in 4 different homes without being seen, also the killers had to get back home burn their shoes and clothes, hide the guns and suppresser and they also had to take showers to get any gun powder and blood off of them, all in a small time window that night, so you can figure what time the killers where at the Rhodens property they where sweating maybe one of them had to spit also some of you Sleuthers think one of the killers was bleeding and so do I, the BCI probably got plenty of DNA from that night but didn’t have any on record at the time of the murders to compare it to, I would say they found it now that the Wagners has been arrested, that’s why if you watch the prosecution team they have nothing to worry about on camera, JMO

Hey
Hey Sleuthers, remember 3 of the killers where over 200 pounds and under a lot of pressure the night of April 21/22-2016 they had to gather all the surveillance cameras up , commit murder of 8 people in 4 different homes without being seen, also the killers had to get back home burn their shoes and clothes, hide the guns and suppresser and they also had to take showers to get any gun powder and blood off of them, all in a small time window that night, so you can figure what time the killers where at the Rhodens property they where sweating maybe one of them had to spit also some of you Sleuthers think one of the killers was bleeding and so do I, the BCI probably got plenty of DNA from that night but didn’t have any on record at the time of the murders to compare it to, I would say they found it now that the Wagners has been arrested, that’s why if you watch the prosecution team they have nothing to worry about on camera, JMO

I've been thinking along these lines - lots of self created pressure (but still pressure) that night, so much to do, all
in the dark. My opinion, I do think when the W's exited CRsr trailer, it was dark, they ran down the ramp onto the driveway and someone tripped over the jack that was on CRjr vehicle, right front passenger side. A trip and fall against the car could have left evidence or DNA behind.

I suppose that depends on where they find it and the type or source of the DNA. If it's DNA found in one of the killers' blood left at a crime scene, for example, that could be very incriminating. I've always wondered if any of the killers were injured that night, especially in the fight with CR1. If they find a victim and killer's DNA on an article of clothing or a weapon, etc. - also very incriminating. If they find some blood dropped in an area where the killers were allegedly seen on one of the hunting cams on the Rhoden property, also problematic. Check the evidence list.

These are just alternatives to the most popular theory, which is DNA found on the weapon, shells recovered at the scene or silencer parts possibly found in the old well.

Some of the shots were up close and personal so maybe they lost a hair or something huge like spit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413