OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember that, Johnny. ? Can you please post a link or give more information? TIA
Loomis
It was on Rita Newcomb pretrial when AC told the judge about the calls that AW had with her and how RN and CN made the three way call with JW, that is when AC made the comment about AW talked with RW and ask if she would telling BW she loved him and wanted to know how he was doing.
I’ve tried to find the whole court session but the one I’m finding is cut down.

With all the pre-planning they allegedly did (all the shopping for shoes, surveillance cams, hacking, etc.) it seems odd they didn't properly plan how to dispose of the evidence. They seem to be a little like hoarders, given all the stuff they left behind after taking off to AK. Perhaps they had trouble parting with personal items like weapons, silencer, etc. because those were valued possessions. Maybe they hid them in places where they thought they could later retrieve them.

Dumb.

I ask because you replied to my post.
Do we really know that everything found in the Wagner searches was just their storage stuff? Can you anyone refresh me?

With all the pre-planning they allegedly did (all the shopping for shoes, surveillance cams, hacking, etc.) it seems odd they didn't properly plan how to dispose of the evidence. They seem to be a little like hoarders, given all the stuff they left behind after taking off to AK. Perhaps they had trouble parting with personal items like weapons, silencer, etc. because those were valued possessions. Maybe they hid them in places where they thought they could later retrieve them.

Dumb.
I only ask this because you were responding to my post.
Do we really know that everything found in the Wagner searches was just their storage stuff? Can you - anyone refresh me?

How do we know they were not just gone on vacation and LE went through their regular stuff? Stuff not packed up, left in their homes like in a normal home when you leave for a while but are coming back?

Counsel for each of the parties confirmed to the Court that counsel for the State of Ohio intends to inform counsel for the Defendant concerning certain parts of the recordings of conversations delivered as part of the discovery that the Defendant's attorneys may wish to focus upon; and counsel for each party further confirmed to the Court that they have made arrangements to have a meeting between counsel, outside the presence of the Court, at the offices of BCI in order for counsel for each party to thoroughly review the items of discovery provided by that the State of Ohio.

https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eserv...kYEdmbpzgqDgftDxKGQtzj-cb5xBJuS1E3ns43c7um-bQ

Yes, some of the defense attorneys asked the state to do that in pretrial hearings last year. They wanted to avoid having to listen to hours of tape to find brief conversations (?), etc. that comprised the evidence against their client. AC had agreed to do that last summer. Maybe that's what this is referring to.

Dumb.

Hoarding sure does seem to fit given all they left behind in a big messy heap.

Mike Schell Fox 19 NOW February 11th, 2020
Outside Pike County Courthouse:

"Just a follow up from Jake Wagner's hearing yesterday his attorneys filed 4 motions they include questioning the opinion of a shoe expert a shoe print expert who saw photos of the crime scenes. Jake Wagner's attorneys claim that the State does not have any of the shoes that belong to the wagners."

Schell looks down at his notes, probably a copy of the motions, then says:

"Another question that they are considering is the bullet casings that were found outside of Jake Wagner's home and at the crime scenes. His attorneys say the State does not even have a gun to match up the ballistics from those bullet casings."

Jake Wagner hearing February 10th, 2020:

Judge Deering:

"The defense filed 4 motions today those are numbered 47, 48, 49 and 50
and those will be scheduled for a hearing... "

02/10/2020 #47 DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

02/10/2020 #48 DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOE PRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

Wagner’s attorneys raise ‘frustrations’ in Pike County massacre case, complain about courtroom tech
Quote at the 2 minutes and 19 seconds mark, at end of news clip.

Last edited:
The reason I wrote that is because unlike you I can’t see what the BCI so I wrote that the attorneys are going to look or listen to what the LE has on evidence, Dudly why do you get so upset when someone has something to write about the Wagners 4? I don’t know what the BCI has do you?

I have no problem with anyone posting anything about the Wagners, IF, it is accurate. I have a problem with facts being altered to opinions and posted as if they were facts. As I said, your own reply did not back up what you wrote. What has always made this forum the best is that things were always as accurate as possible with links to back them up. Opinions are fine but you can't alter facts and say it is opinion. You can state facts and give a differing opinion and note it as opinion.

Why would even ask what the BCI has done to me? That has nothing to do with this case. I have absolutely nothing against the BCI. I have never posted anything close to being negative about the BCI. You are again twisting things to fit your opinion.

I only ask this because you were responding to my post.
Do we really know that everything found in the Wagner searches was just their storage stuff? Can you - anyone refresh me?

How do we know they were not just gone on vacation and LE went through their regular stuff? Stuff not packed up, left in their homes like in a normal home when you leave for a while but are coming back?

There would have been search warrants approved before they could search any place they searched. If no search warrant was issued and evidence was found in a place searched, the evidence would be inadmissible...

There would have been search warrants approved before they could search any place they searched. If no search warrant was issued and evidence was found in a place searched, the evidence would be inadmissible...
Right Angela said she was shown the search warrants. I just wondered if any searches were done on Peterson Rd. or at Angie's Webster house while they were still living there as opposed to them having moved most of their stuff out and LE is just searching storage.
Peterson Rd. was sold in March so they probably were not living there unless the new owners gave them 60 days to move out.

Right Angela said she was shown the search warrants. I just wondered if any searches were done on Peterson Rd. or at Angie's Webster house while they were still living there as opposed to them having moved most of their stuff out and LE is just searching storage.
Peterson Rd. was sold in March so they probably were not living there unless the new owners gave them 60 days to move out.
Were they still living at Peterson Rd. when they were being looked at aggressively? Did AW live in the Webster house after the murders and before they moved to Alaska? I don't know how the searches at particular places match up with Where AW was living before and after the Alaska move. Apparently they lived somewhere after Peterson and before Alaska at least a short time. Was it during this time they were staying at the motel were evidence was taken from?

Loomis
It was on Rita Newcomb pretrial when AC told the judge about the calls that AW had with her and how RN and CN made the three way call with JW, that is when AC made the comment about AW talked with RW and ask if she would telling BW she loved him and wanted to know how he was doing.
I’ve tried to find the whole court session but the one I’m finding is cut down.

January 18th, 2019

Granny and Angela are on the phone together and Granny tells Angela that Rita wants to get on the phone with her and tell her she loves her. Angela says "she's not allowed to do that."
Angela then asks granny how "Billy is doing" and says "she knows she can't pass messages to him and Jake and George but they can't begrudge her wanting to know how everyone's doing."
Angela tells Granny that Rita "sent her a letter" and that "she knows they aren't allowed to write each other or talk about the case. "

January 18th, 2019

Granny and Angela are on the phone together and Granny tells Angela that Rita wants to get on the phone with her and tell her she loves her. Angela says "she's not allowed to do that."
Angela then asks granny how "Billy is doing" and says "she knows she can't pass messages to him and Jake and George but they can't begrudge her wanting to know how everyone's doing."
Angela tells Granny that Rita "sent her a letter" and that "she knows they aren't allowed to write each other or talk about the case. "
Thank you CC
As you know we have watched most all court hearings and talked about them on Websleuth with each other, as you know YouTube does not show the pretrial hearing from start to finish that’s is why we try to watch all the pretrials to catch all the facts, JMO
I really liked talking with you and others about the Rhodens Family Massacre but now the Websleuth has turned into a somewhat bullying place right now, so with that I’m going to take a break from Websleuth before I cause someone to be mad and think bad about my opinion, thank you CC, Betty P, Loomis OhioBlues, and Caylee for being here the last 2 to 3 years I will check back with you all when the Real Trials Start, again I thank you all,
PEACE TO All.

Were they still living at Peterson Rd. when they were being looked at aggressively? Did AW live in the Webster house after the murders and before they moved to Alaska? I don't know how the searches at particular places match up with Where AW was living before and after the Alaska move. Apparently they lived somewhere after Peterson and before Alaska at least a short time. Was it during this time they were staying at the motel were evidence was taken from?
What doesn't add up is Angie said she saw the May 2017 search Warrants but she also says that they were vacationing in Alaska during those same searches. Also, all the audio and video from BCI interviews in May 2017, makes it seems even more unlikely they were in Alaska.

She can't keep her lies straight. My opinion is she was not at Peterson Rd. during the searches because their stuff was being stored at the car lot but she wasn't in AK either.
Perhaps they were at Fred's or living with Angie's dad in the Webster house.
The Jackson Days Inn search wasn't until 6-8-17, the same month they got to Alaska.

Angie's dad passed away I think November 2017 and Angie inherited her dad's Webster house and the family lived there after Alaska starting most likely in May 2018.

It's a mystery where the Wagners actually were living during those May searches but my guess is they were still in Ohio.

January 18:

.that hey did not go to Alaska in May, then come back, then go back again again.

What doesn't add up is Angie said she saw the May 2017 search Warrants but she also says that they were vacationing in Alaska during those same searches. Also, all the audio and video from BCI interviews in May 2017, makes it seems even more unlikely they were in Alaska.

She can't keep her lies straight. My opinion is she was not at Peterson Rd. during the searches because their stuff was being stored at the car lot but she wasn't in AK either.
Perhaps they were at Fred's or living with Angie's dad in the Webster house.
The Jackson Days Inn search wasn't until 6-8-17, the same month they got to Alaska.

Angie's dad passed away I think November 2017 and Angie inherited her dad's Webster house and the family lived there after Alaska starting most likely in May 2018.

It's a mystery where the Wagners actually were living during those May searches but my guess is they were still in Ohio.

January 18:

.that hey did not go to Alaska in May, then come back, then go back again again.

With the Ws, you can't tell what to believe if anything can be believed. JMO. Then there seems to be gaps in what is known as to their whereabouts just before and after their move to Alaska. I have always wondered what was to become of all the stuff in the trailers they left behind moving to Alaska. Were they coming back to get the stuff? Did they not bring it knowing they might be coming back, etc.. Was it stuff they didn't want any more? The more you know about them, the more confusing their line of thought seems to be. Also, MOO...

With the Ws, you can't tell what to believe if anything can be believed. JMO. Then there seems to be gaps in what is known as to their whereabouts just before and after their move to Alaska. I have always wondered what was to become of all the stuff in the trailers they left behind moving to Alaska. Were they coming back to get the stuff? Did they not bring it knowing they might be coming back, etc.. Was it stuff they didn't want any more? The more you know about them, the more confusing their line of thought seems to be. Also, MOO...
Just to further confuse or clarify matters, I'll weigh in here:D. Just my opinion. No links will be provided. These are subjects we have beat to death over the last year. This is just my take.

There is an unexplained time gap between the sale of the Peterson property in March 2017 and the W4's arrival in AK June 2017. Not one of us can establish exactly where the W4 where during this time period. We can just give our educated opinions, based on the facts we have read.

We know JW contacted the owner of the 41 property seeking permission to park their 2 trucks and 3 trailers there several days before the big search weekend of May 11 to May 13, 2017.

"Someone" drove their vehicles and trailers to the 41 location that week. That strongly speaks to me that the W4 were still in the area. I believe these were also the vehicles and trailers (with their worldly possessions) that were eventually driven to AK, minus the confiscated "enclosed white trailer and it's contents".

The Daily Mail has an article (June 2017)with lots of good pictures of the possessions they hauled up to AK. I'll swear the article's photo's were the exact same trucks and trailers as were pictured in the 41 search. Some match back to the possessions that were strewn about after the 41 search, the large Li*tte Ty*s outside play toys. I think they eventually did take those 2 trucks and those trailers filled with their possessions to AK. I do not believe the W4 were in AK on vacation during the 5/2017 searches.

I think the W4 were in hiding(March-June/2017), for reasons we don't quite yet completely understand. I also don't know where. They may have been trying to purchase property in another state, I don't know?

I want to squelch the rumor that the burned vcr tape in evidence was a copy of the Boondock Saints movie. Yes there is a burned vcr tape found in a search of a firepit. I admit, it was me that offered up the thought that this vcr tape might be of the "Bookdock Saints" movie. It is just my educated guess. It is not verified fact.

In the name of love, support and kindness, let us all not try to cause or provoke drama and dissension within this thread. I believe these families would be heartbroken to see some of the low blows taken in the name of the deceased.

I truly believe most of the people that take the time to contribute and comment to this thread do so in support in the pursuit of justice and in support of the grieving relatives.

#Rhoden/Gilley/Strong

I have been confused recently regarding the conversations that may be discussed by counsel in mid March. Are these conversations related to the "revenge" conversations that happened before the 11/2018 arrests or are they related to the conversations that ensued after AW was arrested and in jail?

I also want to say to everyone, we all agree we want justice to prevail and be served.

Lets all work towards that in a positive constructive way in our debates and opinions.

Last edited:
Thank you CC
As you know we have watched most all court hearings and talked about them on Websleuth with each other, as you know YouTube does not show the pretrial hearing from start to finish that’s is why we try to watch all the pretrials to catch all the facts, JMO
I really liked talking with you and others about the Rhodens Family Massacre but now the Websleuth has turned into a somewhat bullying place right now, so with that I’m going to take a break from Websleuth before I cause someone to be mad and think bad about my opinion, thank you CC, Betty P, Loomis OhioBlues, and Caylee for being here the last 2 to 3 years I will check back with you all when the Real Trials Start, again I thank you all,
PEACE TO All.

Please don't go, Johnny!

Thank you CC
PEACE TO All.

JBB,

It's your decision to do what's best for YOU. Maybe just take a few days off from here will help you in deciding just what that decision needs to be. Ya' gotta' have thick skin to last on any forum and stock up on some "butt hurt" cream can't hurt.

None of us are correct 100% of the time and none of us know exactly what transpired that night, so for us to go back and forth arguing over who's right or who's wrong is pointless.

One of the biggest problems on here that I see, is the lack of respect for others opinions. ANY poster should be able to have a voice to post their opinion without fear of backlash from another poster. We have lost several posters for that very reason. It's simple... don't like someone's opinion, scroll and roll. I don't think there is any poster who posts regularly on this thread that doesn't want this to be over with and justice to be served on those guilty of these horrendous murders.

Regardless of your choices, I have come to kinda', sorta' like you so I hope you'll stay. #Just kidding :D

I ask because you replied to my post.
Do we really know that everything found in the Wagner searches was just their storage stuff? Can you anyone refresh me?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. We don't yet know all the locations where LE retrieved all the evidence against the Wagners.

My remark used the example of the items they left behind in Ohio as possible proof they are hoarders or people who obsessively accumulate and keep a lot of possessions. Combined with all the possessions they took to AK, the large amount of stuff they left behind seems to indicate they had a hard time getting rid of things and kept a LOT of stuff.

Just a casual observation and a possible indicator that their habit of not getting rid of possessions they no longer needed may have worked against them if they kept critical evidence of the murders on their property or in their personal possession.

Just to further confuse or clarify matters, I'll weigh in here:D. Just my opinion. No links will be provided. These are subjects we have beat to death over the last year. This is just my take.

There is an unexplained time gap between the sale of the Peterson property in March 2017 and the W4's arrival in AK June 2017. Not one of us can establish exactly where the W4 where during this time period. We can just give our educated opinions, based on the facts we have read.

We know JW contacted the owner of the 41 property seeking permission to park their 2 trucks and 3 trailers there several days before the big search weekend of May 11 to May 13, 2017.

"Someone" drove their vehicles and trailers to the 41 location that week. That strongly speaks to me that the W4 were still in the area. I believe these were also the vehicles and trailers (with their worldly possessions) that were eventually driven to AK, minus the confiscated "enclosed white trailer and it's contents".

The Daily Mail has an article (June 2017)with lots of good pictures of the possessions they hauled up to AK. I'll swear the article's photo's were the exact same trucks and trailers as were pictured in the 41 search. Some match back to the possessions that were strewn about after the 41 search, the large Li*tte Ty*s outside play toys. I think they eventually did take those 2 trucks and those trailers filled with their possessions to AK. I do not believe the W4 were in AK on vacation during the 5/2017 searches.

I think the W4 were in hiding(March-June/2017), for reasons we don't quite yet completely understand. I also don't know where. They may have been trying to purchase property in another state, I don't know?

I want to squelch the rumor that the burned vcr tape in evidence was a copy of the Boondock Saints movie. Yes there is a burned vcr tape found in a search of a firepit. I admit, it was me that offered up the thought that this vcr tape might be of the "Bookdock Saints" movie. It is just my educated guess. It is not verified fact.

In the name of love, support and kindness, let us all not try to cause or provoke drama and dissension within this thread. I believe these families would be heartbroken to see some of the low blows taken in the name of the deceased.

I truly believe most of the people that take the time to contribute and comment to this thread do so in support in the pursuit of justice and in support of the grieving relatives.

#Rhoden/Gilley/Strong

I have been confused recently regarding the conversations that may be discussed by counsel in mid March. Are these conversations related to the "revenge" conversations that happened before the 11/2018 arrests or are they related to the conversations that ensued after AW was arrested and in jail?

I also want to say to everyone, we all agree we want justice to prevail and be served.

Lets all work towards that in a positive constructive way in our debates and opinions.

Recall from the Timeline, the discovery evidence summaries showed a BCI search done of trash, etc. at the Days Inn in Jackson, OH around the time the W's were moving to AK. There are indications they were still in the area a while during the searches. We will find out when the trials begin.

Agree with keeping conversation constructive. There isn't much going on with the trials now and we just have to be patient for the process to work.

Johnny B, sorry if you feel bullied lately. You're a helpful and friendly member of our community here. Hope you stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413