OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those needing a link to the recent news story verifying that Billy Wagner and Christ Rhoden, Sr. were involved in a fight in the weeks before the murders, please refer to this link:

AG withdraws from Rhoden case, new details about Wagner-Rhoden relationship revealed

The information about the physical altercation was mentioned in Billy's last pre-trial hearing by prosecutor Angela Canepa.

I'll continue to post this link every few pages and encourage others to do the same.

I'll also add this link and info to the timeline and will post it at the beginning of the next thread for future reference.

Here it is again, just in case anyone missed it:

AG withdraws from Rhoden case, new details about Wagner-Rhoden relationship revealed

Members here also usually post the links to YouTube videos of the pre-trial hearings of the accused, as well as the dates and times of same. If you're dropping in occasionally, check those videos to refresh your memory of what's going on with the case.

ETA: Also, feel free to refresh you memory about case facts by visiting the timeline that's posted at or near the beginning of each thread. You'll find a link there to a May 2017 article that mentions Leonard Manley told the news media of a major disagreement between the Wagners and Rhodens in the weeks before the murders when the Wagners tried to get HMR to sign custody papers.

Billy Wagner to answer to charges for Rhoden, Gilley murders in Pike County

I'd like to oblige you with more helpful links, but my computer mouse's right click button is getting worn out and isn't working. I've ordered a new one.

TIA

:)

Thank you, Betty! I look forward to the day FW's case is re-opened.

For those needing a link to the recent news story verifying that Billy Wagner and Christ Rhoden, Sr. were involved in a fight in the weeks before the murders, please refer to this link:

The information about the physical altercation was mentioned in Billy's last pre-trial hearing by prosecutor Angela Canepa.

I'll continue to post this link every few pages and encourage others to do the same.

I'll also add this link and info to the timeline and will post it at the beginning of the next thread for future reference.

Here it is again, just in case anyone missed it:

Members here also usually post the links to YouTube videos of the pre-trial hearings of the accused, as well as the dates and times of same. If you're dropping in occasionally, check those videos to refresh your memory of what's going on with the case.

ETA: Also, feel free to refresh you memory about case facts by visiting the timeline that's posted at or near the beginning of each thread. You'll find a link there to a May 2017 article that mentions Leonard Manley told the news media of a major disagreement between the Wagners and Rhodens in the weeks before the murders when the Wagners tried to get HMR to sign custody papers.

Billy Wagner to answer to charges for Rhoden, Gilley murders in Pike County

I'd like to oblige you with more helpful links, but my computer mouse's right click button is getting worn out and isn't working. I've ordered a new one.

TIA

:)

Thanks, Betty! I appreciate these articles!

Pretty sure the physical altercation was related to the Wagners becoming angry and violent when they went to HMR's home to compel her to sign custody papers. See links in my previous post. My speculation is that the Wagners started that fight and CR1 was protecting his daughter. JMO. Had he called an attorney, it probably would have taken them a while to get there. ;):)

It goes without saying the Rhodens were up against the wealthiest and most powerful family in the county. They weren't rich people by any means, they worked for a living, Dana had been working a double shift at a nursing home the night she was murdered. Paying money for an attorney was something that had to be carefully considered. Unfortunately, the Wagners never gave them a chance to do that. JMO

Yes, all the Rhodens worked hard. What did AW and BW do for honest work/pay? "Self-employed," since they married. At what? Working for FW when they weren't stealing and selling the stolen goods. JMO

@sillybilly Thankx for keeping this thread open..:)

Justice is taking too long and then the virus is making it take longer. Been 4 years and 2 1/2 months. Been extremely stressful with the Sheriff's arrest and then Canepa left the case but thank goodness came back again.

Now 2 of them want bond and Miss Geneva and her son Tony sit patiently at every hearing, only to have the hearing end quickly with the defense complaining they don't have all the evidence, even after 1 year and 8 months of motions and hearings and behind the scenes meetings!

To remember why we are here we can watch the court gallery behind the prosecution. We can be respectful to each other out of respect to the 3 families.

I think I mentioned this the other day, but I noticed in GW 4's hearing the other day that Ms. Genevea Rhoden turned around and gave him a very dirty look as she was walking out of the courtroom. She's done that a few times to Billy W, too. Just based on her expressions, JMO, GW4 was likely one of the killers that night. We had been discussing the possibility that he might take a plea deal first if he was only peripherally involved in the murders or didn't know the full plan until that night.

Just a thought. JMO ICBW

@Betty P ... Original arrests article Nov 13, 2018, mentions

Pike County: What we know about the arrests made in the Rhoden family massacre

"Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden Sr. were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who'd had a falling out before the homicides."

IMO, this article confirmed early on (day of arrests) the fact that CRSR and BW had had a falling out BEFORE the homicides. I preached and preached this fact, based on this article and SO much more, but people still refused to believe it. Well now it's finally confirmed by the court and lo and behold, people finally buy it.

JMO, but many, many other truths will be confirmed by the same means, as the hearings continue. Hoping the details will step up fast and sure and RULE. Not meaning in any way to be mean, but the truth will continue to come out and alot of it is going to be the so-called rumors of the past four years. I wish I was a member of the Rhoden family because I've always felt like one. The truth is finally coming. FINALLY. Love Angie Canepa, Charlie Reader, Mike Dewine and Ryan Scheiderer and each and every honest one who worked this case in any way shape or form, to bring the killers to trial and the victims to justice. JMO from my heart.

I just thought of a unlikely but interesting possibility. What if CRsr got money from the Ws to expand their joint business and he bought that house instead. That would have caused some hard feelings. They didn’t get more business and they lost a chance to complain about living conditions to get custody.
Just my opinion on a possibility.

Hi Dudly, have always respected you and your opinions. My thoughts regarding your post. I believe the Rhodens had more money than the Wagners (without FW's money, of course). The Wagners seem to have always been broke. On the other hand CR seemed to have been a very wise, quiet man in business and his personal life, too. Why in the world, other than being gracious to HR and Suds, would he ever even offer a dime to the Damm Wagners? CRSR had a heart of gold, but he wouldn't take his beautiful daughter being abused anymore, and Jake's family stomping all over her. So he encountered the Wagners trying to beat Hanna into signing over custody and CRSR and BW had it out. CRSr won and Billy had to bring his coward family back to ambush them all. Dang cowards, the Wagners were. JMO

Hi! Loomis, great to see you also. There are just no words for this as to how we feel are there?

No, not quite, without being thrown off here! So good to see you! Hope you are doing well!

I think I mentioned this the other day, but I noticed in GW 4's hearing the other day that Ms. Genevea Rhoden turned around and gave him a very dirty look as she was walking out of the courtroom. She's done that a few times to Billy W, too. Just based on her expressions, JMO, GW4 was likely one of the killers that night. We had been discussing the possibility that he might take a plea deal first if he was only peripherally involved in the murders or didn't know the full plan until that night.

Just a thought. JMO ICBW

She knows a whole lot more than we do.... JMO

As you can see, FW has had attorneys that are very good at getting bad people out of trouble working for her down thru the years, she controlled the Pike county court rooms when every she wanted land taken away from people buying land from the Wagners with her outrageous payment plans, HOPEFULLY, again HOPEFULLY everything she has got her baby boy out of trouble in the past will come back on her 10 times fold!

Defense attorney Richard Nash asked the judge to set bond for Wagner.”I am not sure if the court is aware but Mr. Wagner has no prior record whatsoever, not even a traffic offense, certainly no prior crimes of violence,” Nash said.

“This was not a quick investigation. This investigation lasted over a year, even two where Mr Wagner was the focus of that investigation. During that time Mr Wagner was in frequent contact with law enforcement,” Nash said.

Angela Canepa, one of the prosecutors from the Ohio Attorney General's Office opposed bail. Canepa told the judge that the law allows for no-bail in potential death penalty cases.

Canepa said that a confidential informant has told authorities that the Wagner family planned and plotted revenge against authorities.

“If one or more of them were arrested and one remained at large that person should take revenge on anybody who went against them, specifically he named special agent, Sheriff Reader, and Mike DeWine. And or help the other individuals escape,” Canepa said.

"There have been multiple conversations where those sorts of threats have been made and I would say, specifically, that George Wagner was probably the most vocal in making those threats," Canepa said.
George Wagner IV denied bond as he pleads not guilty to murders of 8 people in Pike County

Hi Dudly, have always respected you and your opinions. My thoughts regarding your post. I believe the Rhodens had more money than the Wagners (without FW's money, of course). The Wagners seem to have always been broke. On the other hand CR seemed to have been a very wise, quiet man in business and his personal life, too. Why in the world, other than being gracious to HR and Suds, would he ever even offer a dime to the Damm Wagners? CRSR had a heart of gold, but he wouldn't take his beautiful daughter being abused anymore, and Jake's family stomping all over her. So he encountered the Wagners trying to beat Hanna into signing over custody and CRSR and BW had it out. CRSr won and Billy had to bring his coward family back to ambush them all. Dang cowards, the Wagners were. JMO

When I said money from the Ws, I am sure it would have been from FW but given to or loaned to GWIII for investing in a way for him to make money. I don’t doubt CRsr had more assets than GWIII. That also would have been bad for GWIII had he got money from mom and he got nothing in return because that home was bought. There are SO many possibilities of how things could have gone bad...

It will be interesting to see what the prior acts involved at trial, but anyone crazy mean enough to murder the mother of their child and her family members would have been a very frightening person to deal with, IMO. I am many miles away from Pike Co., and knew no one involved, but my impression of CR Sr. is that he was a family man who really loved his children and I also think he would have taken on anyone who tried to bully his daughter, especially over something so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413