OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Just MO only. Just wish we knew exactly when JW picked up SW. I do think JW was telling the truth when he slipped and said, "reckon (we) missed it by hours." I believe HR might have been home alone when JW came and took SW by force. HR then called her mother at work crying which in turned caused her Mom to cry. Hours later the killing starts.

This is a very compelling theory, one I hadn’t thought about. The only thing is is Jake would be risking a police response if he takes SW by force. Surely, that’s considered kidnapping and an Amber alert would of been issued. Ultimately too risky, however I do believe an altercation of some sort did break out which lead to DR’s freak out at work.

This is Just MO only. Just wish we knew exactly when JW picked up SW. I do think JW was telling the truth when he slipped and said, "reckon (we) missed it by hours." I believe HR might have been home alone when JW came and took SW by force. HR then called her mother at work crying which in turned caused her Mom to cry. Hours later the killing starts.
Great point. He may not have taken SW by force but there very well could have been a verbal or physical altercation upsetting HR and her calling her mom about it. This is a really good theory about why DR was upset about the phone call.

Great point. He may not have taken SW by force but there very well could have been a verbal or physical altercation upsetting HR and her calling her mom about it. This is a really good theory about why DR was upset about the phone call.

Since most (If not all) used cellphones exclusively, The LE would have no trouble tracing the calls back to the accounts that made them as well as the specific device used. Locations might also be included. At least as much as which cell towers were used. I doubt if the actual voice conversation would be available.

Since most (If not all) used cellphones exclusively, The LE would have no trouble tracing the calls back to the accounts that made them as well as the specific device used. Locations might also be included. At least as much as which cell towers were used. I doubt if the actual voice conversation would be available.

Yes, and on his evidence discovery list there are lengthy recordings of voice mail messages.

Yes, that shifting timeline has always been highly suspicious. There's so much confusion around Jake having SW before the murders, when Hanna was in the hospital and again later at the time of the murders. It's all jumbled, and obviously its likely because someone isn't telling the truth.

That said, we probably won't know until his trial. I'm ok with that, though, if it means he gets convicted after a fair trial. JMO

I am curious if all 4 Wagners turned off their cell phones (removed the batteries) prior to leaving their farm that night.
Their phones would all be off the grid supposedly at the same time and for the duration of the murders.

That would be great circumstantial evidence (if they did that) and it would also give LE a timeline.

I bet that LE could go back thru the W's phones and never find another incident of all phones taken off line.

Just a theory!

I never understood why JW admitted being at HMR's the night of the murders and then AW went to such great lengths to "correct" him in CG's article.

Now some things are starting to make more sense. The upset phone call DR received at work, Angie trying to make sure JW was the not the last person that saw HMR alive. I can only imagine it was a pretty ugly scene when JW came over that night and took their daughter away.

Likely without HMR's permission....

And IIRC, Jake didn't tell their daughter about her mother's death until long after the murders.

JMO

This is a very compelling theory, one I hadn’t thought about. The only thing is is Jake would be risking a police response if he takes SW by force. Surely, that’s considered kidnapping and an Amber alert would of been issued. Ultimately too risky, however I do believe an altercation of some sort did break out which lead to DR’s freak out at work.

HR had legal custody and per AW, they were working on finalizing it, but apparently there are no legal records that shows a final arrangement was made. Per AW, HR and JW alternated weeks, from Saturday to Saturday.

Per JW's late July 2016 interview, he stated he picked up SW on Thursday night at 10:30 PM, IIRC. His mother later corrected that and made it appear that SW had been with the W's since before HR gave birth.

I'm very suspicious that JW did go over to DR's and just took SW Thursday night. Would deviation from an informal arrangement (and perhaps a verbal agreement) be considered kidnapping?

I never understood why JW admitted being at HMR's the night of the murders and then AW went to such great lengths to "correct" him in CG's article.

Now some things are starting to make more sense. The upset phone call DR received at work, Angie trying to make sure JW was the not the last person that saw HMR alive. I can only imagine it was a pretty ugly scene when JW came over that night and took their daughter away.

And IIRC, Jake didn't tell their daughter about her mother's death until long after the murders.

JMO

Out of anyone, JW would have known the exact right time to go over there and take the child, IMO. Who picks up a child of that age at 10:30 at night? I think he did exactly that and I think HR may have been home alone with her new infant and SW. What would HR have been able to do to physically stop him from taking the child? Not much.

JMO

This is JMO, I think JW got a little too full of himself in that interview. He was talking all kinds of baloney in that interview, but I think he really messed up when he said he picked up the child on the night of the murders. We'll likely find out during the trials when he actually took possession, but it's very suspicious, IMO.

This is JMO, I think JW got a little too full of himself in that interview. He was talking all kinds of baloney in that interview, but I think he really messed up when he said he picked up the child on the night of the murders. We'll likely find out during the trials when he actually took possession, but it's very suspicious, IMO.

Yes, Jake's telling the story of just missing an encounter with the killers at Dana's home sounds similar to his grandmother feigning surprise and fear ("We thought it was ISIS or something!") and rushing out to buy Billy a new bulletproof vest. :rolleyes:

JMO

Out of anyone, JW would have known the exact right time to go over there and take the child, IMO. Who picks up a child of that age at 10:30 at night? I think he did exactly that and I think HR may have been home alone with her new infant and SW. What would HR have been able to do to physically stop him from taking the child? Not much.
I don't believe that the Wagner's planned murder for 4 months doing all that spying and shopping and everything else just for Jake to blow the whole thing at the last moment.

Just opinion but there is no possible way Jake would go on Thursday night to Hanna's then walk out with S against Hanna's will without risking Hanna calling the police, Kendra, LM, a hundred people.

Then Jake's own phone would be blowing up with calls from everyone, even possibly the police. Then after he has put himself at the crime scene with a dozen witnesses including possibly the police, he goes back and kills her a few hours later.

Everyone would be telling the police what happened the night before if the police didn't know already. On top of that, little Chris was likely there and he would fight to stop it.
If Jake did pick S up on Thursday I believe Hanna allowed it.

I think this is one of the strangest things - that he supposedly said "we missed it by hours."

Why put yourself at the crime scene even if true?

Because he's an amateur not a
professional hit man and is going to get caught in lies and make too many mistakes. But not the mistake of basically kidnapping his daughter the same night he murders her mother.

I don't believe that the Wagner's planned murder for 4 months doing all that spying and shopping and everything else just for Jake to blow the whole thing at the last moment.

Just opinion but there is no possible way Jake would go on Thursday night to Hanna's then walk out with S against Hanna's will without risking Hanna calling the police, Kendra, LM, a hundred people.

Then Jake's own phone would be blowing up with calls from everyone, even possibly the police. Then after he has put himself at the crime scene with a dozen witnesses including possibly the police, he goes back and kills her a few hours later.

Everyone would be telling the police what happened the night before if the police didn't know already. On top of that, little Chris was likely there and he would fight to stop it.

I think this is one of the strangest things - that he supposedly said "we missed it by hours."

professional hit man and is going to get caught in lies and make too many mistakes. But not the mistake of basically kidnapping his daughter the same night he murders her mother.

Agree. I sincerely believe Hanna allowed Jake to pick up Sophia the evening of the murders.

One confusing thing to remember: Frankie's son, BR, was also dropped off that night at his dad's, and if I recall, that was the "10:30" reference, rather than Jake dropping SW off at that time. Can we please ask for some MSM clarification on these times? Also, I don't recall any proof that Dana ever received an upsetting call at work? I think that was an unfounded rumor. Thanks.

He was probably stalking her that night, in the hours before the murders. Creeping around like a snake in the grass, like a rancid feral hog with it's beady red eyes.

Agree. I sincerely believe Hanna allowed Jake to pick up Sophia the evening of the murders.

One confusing thing to remember: Frankie's son, BR, was also dropped off that night at his dad's, and if I recall, that was the "10:30" reference, rather than Jake dropping SW off at that time. Can we please ask for some MSM clarification on these times? Also, I don't recall any proof that Dana ever received an upsetting call at work? I think that was an unfounded rumor. Thanks.

At this time, there isn't any real media verification about this timeline. I went over it extensively when I was building and again, when I updated the main timeline. It's two conflicting stories and a lack of details. Of course, LE and the state probably don't want those details out until the trials.

I've always been confused about JW bringing SW to the hospital to see the new baby. There are photos, correct? How long was Hanna in the hospital after giving birth? If the SW was with Jake, when did he return her to Hanna so that he could be scheduled to pick her up again later?

April 15, 2016

Wagner family alleges Hanna Rhoden dropped off her daughter Sophia at their home. This conflicts with other reports that Jake Wagner picked up Sophia around 10:30 pm April 21.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hanna Rhoden gives birth to Kylie Rhoden at Southern Ohio Medical Center, Portsmouth, OH

Get Access

Monday, April 18, 2016

Photos of Hanna Rhoden in hospital with daughter Sophie and new baby Kylie

Thursday, April 21, 2016

8 am: Dana arrives at work - Hillcrest Nursing Home, Peebles, OH

10:30 pm – Jake Wagner is reported to have picked up Sophia from Hanna Rhoden, a day earlier than usual

11pm: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 pm - Dana arrives home

Mother of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

So it was on April 21 that Chelsea told Frankie there was a sickness at daycare and she didn’t want to take Brentley on Friday. Could Frankie and Hannah watch him instead? They said yes, of course. She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m. "I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: Love you guys. Be careful."

I have never seen a link for the phone call to Dana. A poster has said that one of Dana's co-workers had said this in an early interview.

Agree.

Don't forget the cell phone jammer. HMR might have been desperately trying to call 911.

Last edited:
He was probably stalking her that night, in the hours before the murders. Creeping around like a snake in the grass, like a rancid feral hog with it's beady red eyes.

"rancid feral hog with it's beady red eyes"

Not making light by any means but this is an amusing description. Reminds me of an amusing description by Raisinisback:

"She (Angie) nibbles on his (Billy) hind end for a while"

"........."

"Billy drags his wounded pride and sore hind end back home to his family"

Well, I find the descriptions funny, what can I say? Again, not making light of anything.

Mother of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

So it was on April 21 that Chelsea told Frankie there was a sickness at daycare and she didn’t want to take Brentley on Friday. Could Frankie and Hannah watch him instead? They said yes, of course. She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m. "I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: Love you guys. Be careful."

I have never seen a link for the phone call to Dana. A poster has said that one of Dana's co-workers had said this in an early interview.

Thank you. The poster should be asked to share the MSM link for the interview. I've never seen one, so I would welcome it. TY

Also, IIRC, there is no proof of what time Dana arrived home or what happened after that. The only thing I remember of significance is what LM said about a text between JM and JW around 2 am the morning of the killings. I think we (not pointed at you) have to be really careful on here not to post without links, and we have to request links from those who do post without them. JMO Didn't mean to pick on you, but felt it was safe to piggyback on your posts. TY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member