OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that is the evidence the State has on the Wagners, They put the rest of the silencer in the well and the other parts was left behind at Rhodens ( Wagners Are Quilt)
Shell casings were left behind at the Rhodens. It sounds like the Wagners bought supplies to make their own brass catchers, however, it's bit murky if they made them or bought them? They did make their own silencers according to Reader and a maglite flashlight was found in their well. This is just my opinion on what the maglite is because it's common to use maglite flashlights to make home made silencers, so please note, my opinion only that maglite flashlights were used, no one knows what they used or if the maglite in the well was from a flashlight. It's just a possibility.

DIY Maglite Flashlight Suppressor

At any rate they incriminated themselves because their brass catchers did not work and left behind shell casings. This is what DeWine meant at the press conference when he said "some evidence was left behind" this is some of that evidence.

The reckless Wagners left shell casings on their own property matching the shell casings that did not get caught in their brass catchers on the victim's property.

In a response to Wagner’s attorneys, prosecutors wrote that a search warrant executed on one of the Wagner’s property revealed the existence of .22 caliber shell casings that matched .22 caliber shell casings found at two crime scenes on Union Hill Road where members of the Rhoden and Gilley families were shot to death as they slept in April 2016.

The filing notes the shell casings found at the Wagner property and at the crime scenes came from Remington rimfire .22 caliber ammunition and both sets of shell casings had matching “firing pin impressions.”

Just filed court documents reveal details about evidence in Rhoden case

Last edited:
I just thought of an interesting theory.

Fred hired Attorney Gerlach from her town Lucasville to represent Billy on his stolen property related charges and Rita is now represented by Gerlach. Rita is broke according to testimony at her Bond hearing.
It's thousands of dollars just to start defending a criminal case and Rita is not listed on the docket as having filed an INDIGENT APPLICATION like all 4 Wagner's have filed.

So maybe Fred paid for Rita's attorney in exchange for Rita's silence on
Angie's involvement. Angie is the one who forged custody documents and I believe forged Rita's signature. Angie told Rita to lie, take blame, and hide that Angie was involed. Then because maybe her attorney fees are being paid Rita felt obligated to not say anything and sit quietly on house arrest for a year. Plus Rita seemed to feel obligated to take and listen to all of Angie"s numerous phone calls despite putting herself in jeopardy.

When Rita and Fred were summoned to the GJ is when plans were cooked up. Canepa said Fred discussed her GJ testimony with not just the Wagner 4, but with others also.

Canepa:
"And we again have information that she did in fact discuss her Grand Jury testimony at length with other individuals again to include the now indicted Capital Crime Defendants which is her son and her son's family."

With the GJ summons the Wagner's then knew they could be arrested and obviously were hatching plans as to what to do, and I think they were hatching plans as to what to do about their loose end, Rita. Pay her off.

Totally theory.....But why implicate yourself in the extreme insane crime of helping cover up 8 murders, your good name ruined in the media, and sit on house arrest for a year?
...Humm.... I think Rita was pressured to do this by not just Angie but by Fred and Billy and her grandsons.

( It bugs me about why Rita let herself go through what she went through when she could have stopped it right at the beginning as 99% of those arrested would have done. I hope Rita buries them. )

Last edited:
I’m sure this has been discussed but what is the general consensus regarding whether RN and/ or FW knew about the murder plans before they happened? I think RN did but I’m not so sure about FW.
i think FW old man was the catalyst here,and of course the rest of them had to avenge whatever wrong that was perceived to have been done.

I have always thought Kenny was shot first and they needed keys, phone or something from him to gain access the other Rhoden family members. I think AW knocked on his door and yelled that SW was hurt/sick and without thinking he opened the door to only be met by a gun in his face, Kenny backed up and set on his bed then AW shot him point blank in the eye. JMO.
I also think AW or JWDana. That shot under the chin to me says they looked Dana in the eye and wanted her to look them in the eye and be the last person she saw. This was pure hated. All JMO.
@Berrybell, I have always believed that Kenny was killed first for the keys to the R's homes. And, Dana was shot under the chin for control, emotional torture and eye-contact. Totally agree with your theories

@Chelly thank you and yes the torture and control of Dana was important to the Wags.
No. This all happened very very quick. It was in and out as quickly as possible. DeWine said they did this quickly, coldly and calmly. They ran across Dana who was maybe on her feet and quickly, and likely in the dark, subdued her by shooting her under the chin then did the 4 shots on the right side of her head. No time for torture or what some say on here -- a taunting of letting the victim's know what was happening.
Only Chris Senior was alive long enough to knows the danger. It's been over 4 years and this is my conclusion after over 4 years. I believe quick in and out murder was the objective, not drawn out drama and torture. Show me something that shows otherwise. Nothing at all in over 4 years points to torture or anything drawn out other than Chris Sr.

Last edited:
@Berrybell, I have always believed that Kenny was killed first for the keys to the R's homes. And, Dana was shot under the chin for control, emotional torture and eye-contact. Totally agree with your theories
Was Dana shot under the chin or was she shot in the neck, I have read 2 different reports???? I wonder if Jake has always been a weasel all his life and connived and stolen things like Keys from the time he stayed all night with Hanna, JMO

No. This all happened very very quick. It was in and out as quickly as possible. DeWine said they did this quickly, coldly and calmly. They ran across Dana who was maybe on her feet and quickly, and likely in the dark, subdued her by shooting her under the chin then did the 4 shots on the right side of her head. No time for torture or what some say on here -- a taunting of letting the victim's know what was happening.
Only Chris Senior was alive long enough to knows the danger. It's been over 4 years and this is my conclusion after over 4 years. I believe quick in and out murder was the objective, not drawn out drama and torture. Show me something that shows otherwise. Nothing at all in over 4 years points to torture or anything drawn out other than Chris Sr.

Rhoden family massacre: Preliminary autopsy reports reviewed

Right, news media reports of the preliminary autopsy reports stated CR1 was killed first. The TOD for the others was around the same time frame. After that first delay, they seemed to go about murdering all the others in a fairly quick, methodical manner.

Listen to the The Piketon Massacre Episode - Daddy's Playing Zombie on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

I'm three quarters of the way through with this podcast and it's extremely pro-Wagner. They could NEVAH do anything like murder. Such a good, fun loving family who were very loyal to each other. Jake was such a sweet, funny guy. Yeah, sweet enough that he liked to beat up on the mother of his child. From known facts, its apparent the Wags were very good at hiding their true nature from some people.

Another (anonymous) Wagner family member describes Angela Wagner as being so sweet and caring. Sweet enough to

Sounds like Fredericka has been using her PR skills to line up plenty of family members to be interviewed for the podcast.

Of course, the few remaining survivors in the Rhoden family can't talk about the murders to some podcast folk. They're following the advice of prosecutors to not discuss the case before the trial, as caring, responsible, honest people would do.

ETA: One anonymous Wagner relative says Billy is a cold, strange person, hard to talk to. Towards the latter part of their marriage, this relative claims, Billy became very controlling of the whole family. Allegedly, Angela was "afraid" of him. Says George IV was the same way. Angela was allegedly afraid to leave Billy, afraid he would try to find her.

ETA2: The anonymous Wagner family member alleges that Jake and Hanna were not on good terms and prior to the murders she wasn't allowing Jake to see S. Anon Wagner also alleges that Jake said he was going to kill Hanna.

Will be interesting to hear part 2.

Last edited:
Listen to the The Piketon Massacre Episode - Daddy's Playing Zombie on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

I'm three quarters of the way through with this podcast and it's extremely pro-Wagner. They could NEVAH do anything like murder. Such a good, fun loving family who were very loyal to each other. Jake was such a sweet, funny guy. Yeah, sweet enough that he liked to beat up on the mother of his child. From known facts, its apparent the Wags were very good at hiding their true nature from some people.

Another (anonymous) Wagner family member describes Angela Wagner as being so sweet and caring. Sweet enough to

Sounds like Fredericka has been using her PR skills to line up plenty of family members to be interviewed for the podcast.

Of course, the few remaining survivors in the Rhoden family can't talk about the murders to some podcast folk. They're following the advice of prosecutors to not discuss the case before the trial, as caring, responsible, honest people would do.

ETA: One anonymous Wagner relative says Billy is a cold, strange person, hard to talk to. Towards the latter part of their marriage, this relative claims, Billy became very controlling of the whole family. Allegedly, Angela was "afraid" of him. Says George IV was the same way. Angela was allegedly afraid to leave Billy, afraid he would try to find her.

ETA2: The anonymous Wagner family member alleges that Jake and Hanna were not on good terms and prior to the murders she wasn't allowing Jake to see S. Anon Wagner also alleges that Jake said he was going to kill Hanna.

Will be interesting to hear part 2.

Just expanding a bit here on your comments I find this very interesting.

Wagner Relative:

Angela sweet lady helped people out.

But the Wagner relative and her family thought there was something off about Billy. Could never connect with him. Everyone knew there was something strange about him like he was a very cold and hateful person and rough around the edges.

Before and right after all this happened he was just very controlling, Angela was afraid of him, extremely afraid of him as were the boys. Now their oldest son George him and his dad they were kinda like the same. I don't believe they are good people at all.

Angela was afraid to leave him, she was terrified if she did try to leave that he would find her cause he made that very clear from what I've heard and what her father said on multiple occasions "your not gonna leave."

There were local rumors about "shady" business practices done at FWF.

A lady (Barbara ?) says:

Fred did everything she could to keep the family from being guilty, being arrested. When all this came out it's like I could see beneath the surface I could see her heart you could see what Fred is really like,

"when I look at her I see evil."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members