OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posts have been removed as there seems to be some confusion about "Comments" by the general public under any MSM article.

Comments are NOT allowed for discussion, however ... members may give a hint to a comment by saying, for example "comment by XYZ at X 0'clock on Sunday is interesting". No actual discussion of the comment itself is allowed.

The reason for this policy is that anyone can present themselves as anybody on the internet and say whatever, but WS has no way of verifying if the source is in fact who they claim to be.

Hope that clarifies.

Thank you for the clarification. What you say makes sense.

Edit: my main reason for posting ....

In the pics at the Daily Mail article, doesn't it look like both Jake and Billy are carrying two cell phones in the pockets?

Looks like a Ma Barker public relations campaign in the comments at the Daily Mail article.

Surprised to find Netflix doesn't have Boondock Saints, but I don't know much about Netflix, used it once or twice for documentaries. Anyone know where to find it?
Col, I think I saw it listed on Amazon Prime Video, if you have that.

Edit: my main reason for posting ....

In the pics at the Daily Mail article, doesn't it look like both Jake and Billy are carrying two cell phones in the pockets?

Looks like a Ma Barker public relations campaign in the comments at the Daily Mail article.

Surprised to find Netflix doesn't have Boondock Saints, but I don't know much about Netflix, used it once or twice for documentaries. Anyone know where to find it?
BBM

I think the wear patterns on Jake's jeans look like a cell phone in his right pocket and a wallet in his left pocket.

MOO

I haven't watched the entire movie either, just a few YT clips! Apparently it's pretty gory, not my kind of movie. I have relied on the thoughts and interpretations of other members here that did watch the movie.

I'll attach a couple of links that give you the gist of the movie and it's themes so that you won't need to watch the whole movie (if you don't want to). I'm sure you are familiar with what Billy's tattoo looks like and it's positioning on his hand.

Here are some helpful links

Wiki - summary of Boondock Saints movie plot:
The Boondock Saints - Wikipedia

Popular tattoo's related to Boondock Saints in positioning and theme:
What Does Boondock Saints Tattoo Mean? | Represent Symbolism
Boondock Saints Tattoos Which Are Really Awesome - Design Press

IMO, a good explanation of the "prayer" in the movie. In the movie, the murders use this prayer to justify the murders they have committed:
The Boondock Saints Prayer – Everything You Need to Know

JMO, MOO
You might find this interesting Puzzels:

Boondock-Saints-Tattoos-42.jpg

The tattoo connection (opinion) is in the positioning. The position of Billy's scorpion tattoo mirrors the positioning of the Boondock Saints tattoos. Billy's tattoo starts on his hand above his index "trigger" finger and then the body of the scorpion tattoo cascades down that "trigger" finger, just like in the movie.

8750ccaf-a4ed-4eb7-a83a-1134a5925f7e-_40A0267.jpg

What Does Boondock Saints Tattoo Mean? | Represent Symbolism.

I do not believe Harry Potter is Devil Worship just to clarify

Question is there proof that JW started monitoring social media and phones as early as 2014?
Yes I am sure because it's in the indictments July 1st 2014 until May 9th 2017,
and BCI did new kinds of cyber investigating and worked with scientists.

Inside the Rhoden investigation: Scientists work with cops

"I walked into the room and there were five analysts sitting there with their laptops inputting data,'' said Thomas Stickrath, the superintendent of Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation, of the community center's transformation into a makeshift command center where an army of cops, forensic scientists and analysts set out that day to catch the killers.

He saw agents from the bureau's cyber-crimes, narcotics and special investigations units. In all, up to 14 crime scene investigators collected evidence at the crime scenes.

Using specially designed software, BCI criminal intelligence analysts are able to pull together tidbits of information and quickly detect patterns, Superintendent Stickrath said. This aids them in developing paths to follow, which are sure to be many with eight victims.

"It's really the future of law enforcement; or part of the future," he said.

One left handed and one right handed which I think JW and GWIV are...
Right, I have always assumed the tattoo is on his trigger finger but we really don't know if he is left handed or not. Watch to see if he signs anything in court. I tried to watch him sign in the Lexington extradition hearing but my view was blocked.

Yes, it was quoted by DeWine around the time of the arrests. Check the timeline on the first page of this thread and you'll find the link.

It is also in the indictments for the 4 W's - charges 19 and 20 for each. It states this occurred from July 1, 2014 through May 9, 2017. I'm sure it has been discussed and I missed it, but they were intercepting/monitoring electronic information for over a year after the murders, it appears. I wonder who they were monitoring after the murders.

It is also in the indictments for the 4 W's - charges 19 and 20 for each. It states this occurred from July 1, 2014 through May 9, 2017. I'm sure it has been discussed and I missed it, but they were intercepting/monitoring electronic information for over a year after the murders, it appears. I wonder who they were monitoring after the murders.
My guess? Other family members such as LM, JM, Miss Geneva, Kendra..etc.

I'm guessing this because they might have thought monitoring the family might give them clues about the investigation - from the families monthly meetings with LE - and also to find out if the family suspects them.

This really shows a lot of guilt in my book because if your innocent why monitor everyone like your guilty and want to find out things? If not guilty why not talk in person?

Yes, I know. Thanks. That's also why I put the Case Overview in the comments about 2 or 3 pages into this thread, because it has a link to all of the indictments posted on the Ohio AG's web site.

All the links are there and I certainly encourage our new visitors to take advantage of the timelines, links, etc. to catch up. Same with many of our friends who are returning to the Rhoden Massacre thread who haven't visited in a while.

Welcome everyone! Go to the first few pages in this thread to catch up on the details of this very complex murder case. Justice for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley!

c9f230dd-8701-4999-8fec-a7e8d18dd64f-111418-Rhoden-family-members_panel3b.png

s
My guess? Other family members such as LM, JM, Miss Geneva, Kendra..etc.

I'm guessing this because they might have thought monitoring the family might give them clues about the investigation - from the families monthly meetings with LE - and also to find out if the family suspects them.

This really shows a lot of guilt in my book because if your innocent why monitor everyone like your guilty and want to find out things? If not guilty why not talk in person?
I agree! Didn't the W's leave for Alaska sometime in May 2017? I'm pretty sure that's when DeWine made it clear the laser focus was on the W's and their properties were searched, and information on the W's was requested.

Last edited:
Yes, I know. Thanks. That's also why I put the Case Overview in the comments about 2 or 3 pages into this thread, because it has a link to all of the indictments posted on the Ohio AG's web site.

All the links are there and I certainly encourage our new visitors to take advantage of the timelines, links, etc. to catch up. Same with many of our friends who are returning to the Rhoden Massacre thread who haven't visited in a while.

Welcome everyone! Go to the first few pages in this thread to catch up on the details of this very complex murder case. Justice for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley!

c9f230dd-8701-4999-8fec-a7e8d18dd64f-111418-Rhoden-family-members_panel3b.png

I imagine you have every charge in the indictments memorized! I pointed it out because someone upthread asked if there was evidence of the hacking that occurred in 2014. I'm sure there is evidence of this. The timelines and links are very, very helpful. This is an incredibly complicated case!

I imagine you have every charge in the indictments memorized! I pointed it out because someone upthread asked if there was evidence of the hacking that occurred in 2014. I'm sure there is evidence of this. The timelines and links are very, very helpful. This is an incredibly complicated case!

Yes, it is! You need a map and outline and all kinds of stuff to figure it out! Now with over a year's worth of pre-trial hearings, its even more complicated!
:confused:

Going back to re-read timelines, indictments, motions, etc. every now and then helps. There are enough people following the case here at WS, someone always comes up with an answer!

Yes, it is! You need a map and outline and all kinds of stuff to figure it out! Now with over a year's worth of pre-trial hearings, its even more complicated!
:confused:

Going back to re-read timelines, indictments, motions, etc. every now and then helps. There are enough people following the case here at WS, someone always comes up with an answer!

I agree. I've followed since day one but have not been as diligent as you and others in keeping up with everything for years, developing theories and ruling them in or out. The timelines, indictments, etc. that you posted really help and I refer to them often. It appears we are now getting closer to the trials and it has been a long, long haul.

Here is a timeline I did that incorporates the Wagner interviews, just in case you didn't see it or are interested, since you find timelines helpful, I do too. Especially yes, with such a massive sized case.

May 13, 2016--Jake video interview
September 9, 2016---GW3 audio interview
October 5, 2016---Angela audio interview

October 17, 2016---Sheriff Reader announced in the media that he thinks the murders were committed by locals.

March 10, 2017---The Wagner's Peterson Road house and land is sold.

March or April 2017---LE stops taking the Wagner's tips about the murders according to their attorney.

April 13, 2017---Jake audio interview
May 3, 2017---Jake and Angie audio interview
May 8, 2017---GW3 audio interview

May 12, 2017---LE conducts searches on the Peterson Road property and Flying W Farms and a car lot where the Wagner's were storing trailers. The Wagner's are "unreachable" and Angela says they were on "vacation" in AK but then she also says she was given the search warrants for the searches.

May 13, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 16, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 17, 2017--- Jake audio interview
May 21, 2017---Angela, Gw3, and GW4 all give audio interviews. Angela also gives a partial video interview.

June 8th 2017--- Wagners stay in a Jackson Days Inn and BCI pulls their trash.

June 21, 2017---Attorney General (now Governor of Ohio) Mike DeWine makes his
well known laser focus statement to the media.

July 14, 2017---The Wagner's attorney gives an interview making it clear that LE doesn't believe the Wagner's tips anymore, in other words, they suspect the Wagner's are lying to them. According to the attorney this started 4 to 5 months ago.......

(Daily Mail) John Kearson Clark, the Wagner's attorney,
said the Wagners had supplied police with invaluable information to help the investigation. He then said:
'Why have the authorities not followed up on the leads that the Wagners wanted to give? Is it because the authorities carelessly waited 4-5 months to get back to Billy Wagner?

July 23, 2017---In Kenai Alaska, a neighbor sees the Wagner's moving in......

(Chris Graves Enquirer) A neighbor, Brad Conklin, said the family arrived driving two heavy-duty pickup trucks pulling a large horse trailer and another 24-foot-long trailer covered with a tarp and have been in the process of unpacking it.

August 2017---George "Bob" Washington Wagner II passes away from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

November 2017---Angela Wagner's father passes away.

May 2018---The Wagners move into Angela's dad's house in Webster Ohio.

May 22, 2018---The Union Hill Rd. Church that Leonard Manley, his wife, and BJM attend, holds a 2 year memorial service and balloon launch for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley. The Wagner's do not attend.

July 2018---The prosecution brings evidence before the Grand Jury but the GJ is not ready to indict the Wagners. Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner testify.

August 2018---News breaks that Wagner property is being searched again.

October 30, 2018---The parts to make a gun silencer are found and tested. This evidence is brought before the Grand Jury and the GJ hands down lengthy indictments against the Wagners. Also indicted are Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner.

November 13, 2018---All 6 Wagner's are arrested and booked into separate Ohio jails without incident. GW3 is actually arrested in Lexington KY initially , then goes to an extradition hearing where he says "I guess so" when asked by the judge if he wants to go back to Ohio.

Last edited:
Here is a timeline I did that incorporates the Wagner interviews, just in case you didn't see it or are interested, since you find timelines helpful, I do too. Especially yes, with such a massive sized case.

May 13, 2016--Jake video interview
September 9, 2016---GW3 audio interview
October 5, 2016---Angela audio interview

October 17, 2016---Sheriff Reader announced in the media that he thinks the murders were committed by locals.

March 10, 2017---The Wagner's Peterson Road house and land is sold.

March or April 2017---LE stops taking the Wagner's tips about the murders according to their attorney.

April 13, 2017---Jake audio interview
May 3, 2017---Jake and Angie audio interview
May 8, 2017---GW3 audio interview

May 12, 2017---LE conducts searches on the Peterson Road property and Flying W Farms and a car lot where the Wagner's were storing trailers. The Wagner's are "unreachable" and Angela says they were on "vacation" in AK but then she also says she was given the search warrants for the searches.

May 13, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 16, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 17, 2017--- Jake audio interview
May 21, 2017---Angela, Gw3, and GW4 all give audio interviews. Angela also gives a partial video interview.

Early June 2017--- Wagners stay in a Jackson Days Inn and BCI pulls their trash.

June 21, 2017---Attorney General (now Governor of Ohio) Mike DeWine makes his
well known laser focus statement to the media.

July 14, 2017---The Wagner's attorney gives an interview making it clear that LE doesn't believe the Wagner's tips anymore, in other words, they suspect the Wagner's are lying to them. According to the attorney this started 4 to 5 months ago.......

(Daily Mail) John Kearson Clark, the Wagner's attorney,
said the Wagners had supplied police with invaluable information to help the investigation. He then said:
'Why have the authorities not followed up on the leads that the Wagners wanted to give? Is it because the authorities carelessly waited 4-5 months to get back to Billy Wagner?

July 23, 2017---In Kenai Alaska, a neighbor sees the Wagner's moving in......

(Chris Graves Enquirer) A neighbor, Brad Conklin, said the family arrived driving two heavy-duty pickup trucks pulling a large horse trailer and another 24-foot-long trailer covered with a tarp and have been in the process of unpacking it.

August 2017---George "Bob" Washington Wagner II passes away from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

November 2017---Angela Wagner's father passes away.

May 2018---The Wagners move into Angela's dad's house in Webster Ohio.

May 22, 2018---The Union Hill Rd. Church that Leonard Manley, his wife, and BJM attend, holds a 2 year memorial service and balloon launch for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley. The Wagner's do not attend.

July 2018---The prosecution brings evidence before the Grand Jury but the GJ is not ready to indict the Wagners. Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner testify.

August 2018---News breaks that Wagner property is being searched again.

October 30, 2018---The parts to make a gun silencer are found and tested. This evidence is brought before the Grand Jury and the GJ hands down lengthy indictments against the Wagners. Also indicted are Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner.

November 13, 2018---All 6 Wagner's are arrested and booked into separate Ohio jails without incident. GW3 is actually arrested in Lexington KY initially , then goes to an extradition hearing where he says "I guess so" when asked by the judge if he wants to go back to Ohio.

Thanks so much for providing this timeline - good to see the chain of events as they unfolded. A big question in my mind is exactly when did LE first begin to suspect the W's? We know in JW's media interview in late July 2016, he said "reckon we missed it by hours" and his mother issued a correction which would have put SW in the W's possession for quite some period of time. I highly doubt that this "correction" was missed LE. I also don't think there is any way that HR would have allowed JW to have SW for such a long period of time, especially when he had recently tried to get her to sign custody documents. My thoughts are he came and snatched SW that night, which was a day early from what was agreed upon, and the murders happened a few hours later. I believe that LE was able to ferret out the actual date JW took possession of SW.

Interesting that not long after AW's audio interview Oct. 5, 2016, Reader came out and said he thought the killers were local. Perhaps AW is the one who isn't real smooth here. First, she made the correction to what JW stated, and then the jail house phone calls, knowing her calls were being recorded. This is what we know - there's more that we don't know. There may have been a real game of cat and mouse going on between the W's and LE for quite some time and this might explain some aspects of the investigation as well that were perplexing.

In July 2017, the W's attorney said LE no longer believes the Wags. No kidding! I think the Wags had figured that out and that's why they were in a hurry to get out of Dodge. DeWine announced the Wag's were laser focus in May 2017, I believe. Their properties were searched. Their pictures were put out in the media, and a request for specific info on the Wags was made. IMO, DeWine did everything except call them official suspects.

This is just my guess and pure speculation, but I don't think LE was following "clues" provided to them by the Wags. They were dealing with BCI and not the keystone cops. I could be very wrong, but my thoughts are LE was giving the Wags enough rope to hang themselves and were keeping track of all of their lies. I hope we learn just when the focus turned to the Wags and when LE began to collect evidence against them.

All JMO.

You might find this interesting Puzzels:

Boondock-Saints-Tattoos-42.jpg

The tattoo connection (opinion) is in the positioning. The position of Billy's scorpion tattoo mirrors the positioning of the Boondock Saints tattoos. Billy's tattoo starts on his hand above his index "trigger" finger and then the body of the scorpion tattoo cascades down that "trigger" finger, just like in the movie.

8750ccaf-a4ed-4eb7-a83a-1134a5925f7e-_40A0267.jpg

What Does Boondock Saints Tattoo Mean? | Represent Symbolism.
Also, since the scorpion tattoo is on his right hand, I'm guessing Billy is a righty. His trigger finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413