OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are two at the prosecutors desk not wearing masks?!
Must be optional and not a mandatory requirement in the Pike County Courthouse.

After Scheiderer was sworn in the defense asked him to remove his mask - but only if he felt comfortable doing it - so he removed it. Maybe the ones without masks find it easier to talk without them. Not sure why the defense wanted him to remove it, I would not. Not inside with other people. People do carry this virus without even knowing they have it.

...2 Cents...

I always think about the person(s) left home with BW & SW whomever they may be, can imagine your family comes home from committing the absolute most heinous murder, what do you say to them? "Hey, how did go? Did you leave any survivors? Everything OK?" Whomever watch the kids that night is just as evil.
Why do you assume someone was left home with the BW and SW?
Sheriff Reader said this was all done very quickly, all killings done in probably a 30 minute time frame. It is my opinion that all 4 peeps went and just left the 2 babies at home sleeping.

O/T

Thank you everyone so much for the prayers. It's a recurring birth defect in my family. I have made my peace with it.

My 6 year old great niece got to attend school for the first time this year via virtual learning. If all goes well after this last surgery she will get to try to ride a bicycle next spring and attend a regular school for a couple of hours to start next year in the fall. She is very excited. She complained to me the other day that the only answer she ever gets is "we'll see". Then she told me she wants to be a super model when she grows up. I told her they have to work very hard and it might be too much for her. Her answer? "We'll see." lol

some posts need a love button!

Why do you assume someone was left home with the BW and SW?
Sheriff Reader said this was all done very quickly, all killings done in probably a 30 minute time frame. It is my opinion that all 4 peeps went and just left the 2 babies at home sleeping.

I agree it is slightly possible they left the kids but the evidence only shows 3 guns were used so I believe Angela stayed back. I do not believe they took the time to shoot then let Angela borrow a gun so she could shoot. They left the kids to Angela in the fake custody documents because they knew they might be killed. They didn't even think they would all be arrested - they said if one or more were arrested the ones not arrested would take revenge - they thought Angie staying home would keep her from getting killed or arrested is how it looks to me.

On top of that it is a way more than 30 minute time frame unless you are the Flash.

They went in and killed them quickly, I mean how long does it take to kill people in their beds? But they stayed and tampered with 4 crime scenes and burglarized the 4 places. They couldn't steal all the phones and cameras while the victims were awake, it had to be done at the time of the murders. Takes time to dismantle and load security equipment into vehicles and go through with flashlights stealing phones and tampering, maybe looking for casings, all at 4 places not just one.

They were at Chris Sr's longer. He and Gary were awake and looks like Chris put up a defense and then they staged the scene as you can tell from the drag marks.

Also, if Chris was more decomposed because he was killed first that alone probably adds a couple hours onto the crimes.

Just the drives alone take more than one hour.

It takes 15 minutes to drive to UHR from the Wagner's house on Peterson Road.
Then from UHR it takes another 15 minutes to drive to Kenny's camper. Then it takes another 30 minutes to drive back to Peterson Rd. from Kenny's.

It's also very time consuming to drive far from your house somewhere to park in the dark then walk through brush and trees probably to ditch all the evidence and clean up etc....That alone probably took an hour. I do not believe all the evidence was taken back to Peterson Rd. It would be time consuming getting rid of all that they burglarized from 8 innocent victims. Evidently they forgot to get rid of the silencer and carelessly threw it into their well.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Must be optional and not a mandatory requirement in the Pike County Courthouse.

After Scheiderer was sworn in the defense asked him to remove his mask - but only if he felt comfortable doing it - so he removed it. Maybe the ones without masks find it easier to talk without them. Not sure why the defense wanted him to remove it, I would not. Not inside with other people. People do carry this virus without even knowing they have it.

...2 Cents...

I think it is to be understood better. They do not want anything to be misunderstood at this point.

O/T

Thank you for the prayers. Same old heart problems that run heavy through my family. I just got up a week or so ago after a month's bed rest. The cardiologist said I may have a couple more years anyway. At least they haven't mentioned cutting my heart open like they just did to my older sister a few months ago and my 6 year old great niece a month ago. This is her 5th open heart surgery since she was born 6 years ago. But at least she is still alive. I lost 4 children to the same heart defect when they were babies. Dr's didn't know how to even operate on the babies heart back when mine were born.

JMO
God Bless and will add you all to my prayers.

I agree it is slightly possible they left the kids but the evidence only shows 3 guns were used so I believe Angela stayed back. I do not believe they took the time to shoot then let Angela borrow a gun so she could shoot. They left the kids to Angela in the fake custody documents because they knew they might be killed. They didn't even think they would all be arrested - they said if one or more were arrested the ones not arrested would take revenge - they thought Angie staying home would keep her from getting killed or arrested is how it looks to me.

On top of that it is a way more than 30 minute time frame unless you are the Flash.

They went in and killed them quickly, I mean how long does it take to kill people in their beds? But they stayed and tampered with 4 crime scenes and burglarized the 4 places. They couldn't steal all the phones and cameras while the victims were awake, it had to be done at the time of the murders. Takes time to dismantle and load security equipment into vehicles and go through with flashlights stealing phones and tampering, maybe looking for casings, all at 4 places not just one.

They were at Chris Sr's longer. He and Gary were awake and looks like Chris put up a defense and then they staged the scene as you can tell from the drag marks.

Also, if Chris was more decomposed because he was killed first that alone probably adds a couple hours onto the crimes.

Just the drives alone take more than one hour.

It takes 15 minutes to drive to UHR from the Wagner's house on Peterson Road.
Then from UHR it takes another 15 minutes to drive to Kenny's camper. Then it takes another 30 minutes to drive back to Peterson Rd. from Kenny's.

It's also very time consuming to drive far from your house somewhere to park in the dark then walk through brush and trees probably to ditch all the evidence and clean up etc....That alone probably took an hour. I do not believe all the evidence was taken back to Peterson Rd. It would be time consuming getting rid of all that they burglarized from 8 innocent victims. Evidently they forgot to get rid of the silencer and carelessly threw it into their well.

2 Cents

All the evidence is not in, not even close, the trials have not even begun. Only Three guns used?

Whew, I had saved this article and after re-reading it earlier this evening, it brought out a slew of emotions in me.

It shows just how much Hannah Hazel was loved in life, and in death. :(

-----------------------------------------------------

Snipped from article:

OTWAY, Ohio

"The man ignored the steady rain pelting his borrowed suit and stopped about a block from the funeral home to share his memories of his high school friend.

He had flown from Texas after being granted special permission from his Air Force commander to say goodbye to Hannah Hazel Gilley.

She was the beautiful blonde girl who everyone liked. The girl who made everyone smile in the stands at football games and around the bonfire at parties.

Hannah was the girl who could handle a four-wheeler in the mud better than the boys.

‘She was the kind of person who found a way to be happy every day,’ said the 19-year-old who would not give his name. ‘She was just the kind of person you wanted to hang out with. I can’t believe she is gone.’

On a rainy day, friends, family bury Pike County shooting victim Hannah Gilley

Sister of Rhoden family massacre victims upset at pace of legal proceedings

The above article answers one question anyway. Who will go to trial first.

Special prosecutor Angie Canepa said she would like to have a trial date set for Jake Wagner when both sides meet again on Oct. 29. Canepa made it clear his case is the first case the state wants to take to trial.
Makes sense, he's the catalyst for it all happening. If he had called up love, sharing and maturity instead of hate, manipulation and juvenile fantasies...life would have moved on and in a good way.

He's the angry and hate filled man-boy who felt entitled to everything he wanted regardless of others. He's the reason 8 are dead, 4 children won't know parents, mother's and father's mourn their children, brothers and sisters will never hug or tease their siblings again, friends will not see 8 smiling faces. AJMO

Makes sense, he's the catalyst for it all happening. If he had called up love, sharing and maturity instead of hate, manipulation and juvenile fantasies...life would have moved on and in a good way.

He's the angry and hate filled man-boy who felt entitled to everything he wanted regardless of others. He's the reason 8 are dead, 4 children won't know parents, mother's and father's mourn their children, brothers and sisters will never hug or tease their siblings again, friends will not see 8 smiling faces. AJMO

Brilliant and oh so true. I believe in my heart that HE was the mastermind.

I wonder if he ever thinks back and realizes that not only he, but his Mom, Dad, and only sibling could more than likely be put to death?

Does he even care what he (more than likely) caused to occur? There had to be a catalyst, and IMO it was Jake. They ALL share guilt I believe, but he a little more than the others.

**All just my opinion**

Whew, I had saved this article and after re-reading it earlier this evening, it brought out a slew of emotions in me.

It shows just how much Hannah Hazel was loved in life, and in death. :(

-----------------------------------------------------

Snipped from article:

OTWAY, Ohio

"The man ignored the steady rain pelting his borrowed suit and stopped about a block from the funeral home to share his memories of his high school friend.

He had flown from Texas after being granted special permission from his Air Force commander to say goodbye to Hannah Hazel Gilley.

She was the beautiful blonde girl who everyone liked. The girl who made everyone smile in the stands at football games and around the bonfire at parties.

Hannah was the girl who could handle a four-wheeler in the mud better than the boys.

‘She was the kind of person who found a way to be happy every day,’ said the 19-year-old who would not give his name. ‘She was just the kind of person you wanted to hang out with. I can’t believe she is gone.’

On a rainy day, friends, family bury Pike County shooting victim Hannah Gilley
@Caylee Advocate there is something I have been meaning to ask you. I know Hannahs mother may have to travel to the trials as well as Lenny and his wife. Since you seem to be from the area I want to send a donation to help them with fuel and food expenses when the trials start. I intended to send a couple of prepaid debit cards to the Pike County sheriff office and ask that they be given to them, but after CR I don't know about doing that as I don't intend to put my name on any donations and no names on the cards. Other than driving the 800 miles to Ohio, any other ideas?

@Caylee Advocate there is something I have been meaning to ask you. I know Hannahs mother may have to travel to the trials as well as Lenny and his wife. Since you seem to be from the area I want to send a donation to help them with fuel and food expenses when the trials start. I intended to send a couple of prepaid debit cards to the Pike County sheriff office and ask that they be given to them, but after CR I don't know about doing that as I don't intend to put my name on any donations and no names on the cards. Other than driving the 800 miles to Ohio, any other ideas?

Aww, that is so nice. My suggestion would be to contact Dave Dickerson who is the victims advocate for all of the families...Manley's, Rhoden's, and Hannah Gilley's mom (Andrea Carver). You can call Pike County Prosecutors office to contact him (740) 947-4323.

Another suggestion would be Pastor Phil Fulton, but I myself would contact Dave. ;)

All the evidence is not in, not even close, the trials have not even begun. Only Three guns used?

GW4 attorney:
Can you explain to the court what you have in regard to ballistic information?

Scheiderer:
We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders.

GW4 Attorney:
And they were?

Scheiderer:
A 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber.

To me it sounds like 3 guns were used, one for each Wagner guy. Jake, GW4, and Billy.

Opinion

Last edited:
Betty P said:
snipped by me...

Slightly OT, but the murder trial begins around that time for Kat West's husband, doesn't it?

Yes, October 19th starts the trial, well - so far...

and Thanks for posting the hearing @Cool Cats - but I must be getting old - can't hear a thing.... :(

The court site doesn't look like it has been updated as it still shows a motion hearing for today, 9/22. But according to the articles posted Jake's next court hearing will be 10/29, so that is where I'm putting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member