OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70. Thread #71

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
Statements being made as fact require a link.

Personal experiences
with marijuana are off topic.

Discussing both sides of what is being presented in court is permitted.

Do not chastise other members for their point of view.

Those that are unable to adhere to the rules as outlined in the TOS will be given a time out or banned from the conversation.

This trial is expected to be very long, and with any case there will likely be topics or claims presented that one personally disagrees with. That is OK - everyone is entitled to share their point of view, as long as it is done within TOS, facts are linked, the essence of the comment is victim friendly, and other posters are not attacked for their own point of view.

Questions: contact a moderator or admin.

Thanks,
Tiff

Mod Note:

Please keep in mind that the judge has stated no photos involving victims or minors, and no photos that include blood, etc. related to the crime scenes, are to be published. Those same images will not be permitted on WS in accordance with the court order.

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread. Bickering, rudeness and personalizing are violations of TOS at any time, let alone in a trial thread. If it resumes, permanent thread reply bans will be issued to members involved.

Regarding the dogs on properties... I'm still looking for the article from animal control but I did find below article/interview with Tony Rhoden.

FROM ARTICLE
There were, in fact, 14 dogs on the properties, the pig and probably more than 100 chickens and roosters.

Pike County Dog Warden and Deputy Sheriff Delbert Tilley, along with county humane agent Steve Staten, who also works for the sheriff's office, fed and watered them all every day.

“I'm in the middle of an eight-victim homicide investigation and now we're feeding chickens, dogs and a pig — a pig!" Reader said. “That's just how crazy this has been.”

Tilley eventually took the dogs to the pound, and 13 of them remain there. The family retrieved Chris Sr.'s favorite pitbull, Chance, and plans to get the others soon.

FROM MEMORY: Frankie had hunting dogs (Beagles) in enclosed pens behind his house (NOT fighting dogs). I remember the (ariel?) video from day of showed them and one black Lab mix tied immediately outside back door, separate from Beagles. CR had 3 dogs & Dana had 1 large Husky-wolf mix and I think maybe 1 more dog. KR had one dog. All were pets except the Beagles used for hunting.

There is video somewhere of Leonard talking about the dogs at CRs ("They would eat you up"), as well as (I think Chris Graves) interview with BJM that CR's 3 dogs were outside when she arrived which was unusual.

Considering Jake & Hannah were together for years, all of the dogs would have most likely been familiar with him except maybe KR's dog & the hunting dogs (which were contained) IMHO

Last edited:
I wonder why AW kept the receipt for the shoes? That just seems so stupid to me and it is one of the main pieces of evidence against them.

I know I have too many receipts in my wallet right now.

My understanding is it was found in a box of random papers where I believe BCI also found a copy of the forged custody agreements. This was all found in the trailer they were using to store household items left behind when they took off for Alaska. BCI later confiscated the laptop the custody documents originated from (seized in Montana).

Dana did have 2 dogs:

Manley wouldn’t speculate as to why someone would have killed his daughter and seven other members of her family, but he did say that he found it odd that the shooter or shooters were able to get in and get out despite his daughter’s two dogs.

“Whoever done it know’d the family because there were two dogs there that would eat you up, but I ain’t gonna say no more,” he said.

I wonder why AW kept the receipt for the shoes? That just seems so stupid to me and it is one of the main pieces of evidence against them.
Smart like showing up, unannounced, to your cousin's farm before sunrise and gifting them your murder truck, just because. Literally less than a couple hours after the final killing.

For Joe Jones & anyone else interested: Per our discussion yesterday on ballistics & where shots originated, I was able to find the testimony there was at least one shot fired from within the trailer. Link & time stamps below.

34:00 Front door was open (holes only in storm door)

38:00 Door Jamb
44:16 Blind Swab of exterior of storm door (yields GR DNA)
1:28 Projectory track discussion starts

NOTE: BE=Ballistic Event (bullet strike)

Particular attention to projectile tracking BE labeled BE7.0 traveled across LR, through wall to bedroom (BE7.1) exiting & reentering another (3rd) room (BE7.2)
1:49.36

Expert: “Every direction (or every bullet) we tracked had characteristics and appeared to come from the front of the residence toward the residence and then away from the residence”. (away from residence meaning exiting the back wall of trailer)

Bullet in floor follows (1:52) BE 13.0
Chair 1:53

At 1:58.44 & 1:59.38 Tracking BE 13.0 sounds to me like it came from inside the trailer
1:59 Ballistic Evidence in kitchen = shell casing found
FOLLOWING IS WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR REGARDING WHERE SHOTS ORIGINATED 2:09.59

Attorney:

“Was there any evidence any shot originated from inside of that trailer going outside of that trailer”

Expert:

“Through all evidence found; the projectiles, bullets, bullet holes and all those things, I found nothing at all that would indicate that any shots were fired from within the house going out of the house”.
He goes on to say at least one shot was fired from the interior (personal note: I believe this to be the one in the floor - see above time stamp).
He also stated he did not find evidence that anyone fired from interior to outside front area (meaning no defensive shots fired by CR/GR?)

If someone knows...did BH opted out of his testimony being recorded. I think I'm all caught up now. It's such a run around trying to find video/audio testimony with all the empty air time included in the videos.

If someone knows...did BH opted out of his testimony being recorded. I think I'm all caught up now. It's such a run around trying to find video/audio testimony with all the empty air time included in the videos.
Hatfield, a family friend who knew Kenneth and went to school with Frankie, testified next, but declined to be recorded. Hatfield worked in Columbus at the same company as Kenneth, so the pair often carpooled to work, he said.

Here’s the article:

For Joe Jones & anyone else interested: Per our discussion yesterday on ballistics & where shots originated, I was able to find the testimony there was at least one shot fired from within the trailer. Link & time stamps below.

34:00 Front door was open (holes only in storm door)

38:00 Door Jamb
44:16 Blind Swab of exterior of storm door (yields GR DNA)
1:28 Projectory track discussion starts

NOTE: BE=Ballistic Event (bullet strike)

Particular attention to projectile tracking BE labeled BE7.0 traveled across LR, through wall to bedroom (BE7.1) exiting & reentering another (3rd) room (BE7.2)
1:49.36

Expert: “Every direction (or every bullet) we tracked had characteristics and appeared to come from the front of the residence toward the residence and then away from the residence”. (away from residence meaning exiting the back wall of trailer)

Bullet in floor follows (1:52) BE 13.0
Chair 1:53

At 1:58.44 & 1:59.38 Tracking BE 13.0 sounds to me like it came from inside the trailer
1:59 Ballistic Evidence in kitchen = shell casing found
FOLLOWING IS WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR REGARDING WHERE SHOTS ORIGINATED 2:09.59

Attorney:

“Was there any evidence any shot originated from inside of that trailer going outside of that trailer”

Expert:

“Through all evidence found; the projectiles, bullets, bullet holes and all those things, I found nothing at all that would indicate that any shots were fired from within the house going out of the house”.
He goes on to say at least one shot was fired from the interior (personal note: I believe this to be the one in the floor - see above time stamp).
He also stated he did not find evidence that anyone fired from interior to outside front area (meaning no defensive shots fired by CR/GR?)

Yes, I posted that in my transcription, too. One shot from inside, into the floor. It was later found underneath the trailer. They had to wait to retrieve it, obviously, because it required a lot of work.

So, yes, it sounds like someone was shot or shot at from inside the trailer. It's possible the victim was lying on the floor, since the bullet ended up underneath the floor of the trailer.

Agent Hanshaw will be back on the stand on Monday, so we'll probably hear more from him then.

Yes, I posted that in my transcription. One shot from inside, into the floor. It was later found underneath the trailer. They had to wait to retrieve it, obviously, because it required a lot of work.

So, yes, it sounds like someone was shot or shot at from inside the trailer. It's possible the victim was lying on the floor, since the bullet ended up underneath the floor of the trailer.
That’s my thought as well since he said it came from “above”.

Yes, I did see your notes (thank you), I specifically wanted to find & provide the time stamps for reference.

That’s my thought as well since he said it came from “above”.

Yes, I did see your notes (thank you), I specifically wanted to find & provide the time stamps for reference.

That's great. I'm thinking of how many more of these expert witness testimonies we'll be watching and transcribing in the coming weeks. I hope we can start organizing these videos, at least so we don't have to search all over for them.

I don't think she realized how trackable things like that are. She went to a Walmart and bought shoes. She likely didn't even realize she had a receipt for them or that she saved it after the fact. Maybe she intended to return them.. lol That wouldn't surprise me. But once they were used in the crimes and came back bloody, she couldn't, but forgot she had the receipt saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay