OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But remember, she was 3 when Wagner's were arrested. It's unlikely she'll have any vivid memories of her immediate family at all. Hopefully, she's gotten counseling, but she may have been shielded from most everything and be completely unaware at this time. When she does reach the age where she begins to question things all she'll really have are cold hard facts. I can't imagine anyone wanting to get to know people who massacred any family let alone her own.
I don't think you have SW's age correct. I'm pretty sure she was a toddler at the time of the murders, age 2-1/2 I think. She would have been closer to age 5 at the time of the arrests. I don't have my notes handy right now though so jmo

Cat, you find out how much and I bet all of us are able to donate enough to cover it. There are many of us here that very much want to know every word they say. I so wish they opt in. It will be such a let down if they don't.
So far the court says I can't buy transcripts until after trial and they make sure the lawyers have them first. I will keep trying to find out more information on it. Different people at the court will tell you different things so I will be calling down there again.

Someone said they didn't know if you could only buy parts of transcripts, someone said they didn't know if I would pay more if I got them before the attorneys.

I want to see if I can talk to the transcription professional person directly, if this is possible. So I am going to keep working on it.

So far the court says I can't buy transcripts until after trial and they make sure the lawyers have them first. I will keep trying to find out more information on it. Different people at the court will tell you different things so I will be calling down there again.

Someone said they didn't know if you could only buy parts of transcripts, someone said they didn't know if I would pay more if I got them before the attorneys.

I want to see if I can talk to a transcription list person directly, if this is possible. So I am going to keep working on it.
I think it is great @Cool Cats that you continue to pursue buying transcripts of witness testimony. Please let us know what you find out. I will support you in this and hope the court is agreeable to deal with. I'd be interested to know if media and other private individuals have inquired about buying transcripts from the court.

Last edited:

I want to see if I can talk to the transcription professional person directly, if this is possible. So I am going to keep working on it.

Any idea of how much it might cost?

I'm sure the court (attorneys, etc.) have to review the transcripts to make sure there aren't any transcription errors or omissions. They become a permanent part of the court record, so it's important to make sure they're accurate. That much I can understand. Otherwise, they should be as affordable as possible to the public.

I know someone who is an independent transcriptionist. She works in SC so state & local laws might differ but I’ll see if she can offer some guidance.

I don't think you have SW's age correct. I'm pretty sure she was a toddler at the time of the murders, age 2-1/2 I think. She would have been closer to age 5 at the time of the arrests. I don't have my notes handy right now though so jmo
IMHO-Yes almost 2-1/2 at the time of the murders and within a week of turning 5 at the time of the arrests.

Last edited:
I recall at other trials when jury was deliberating, notes from jury chairman would be sent to judge requesting transcripts of various witness testimony, In each case the judge replied that transcripts were not available and jurors would have to rely on their handwritten notes. I wondered if that meant the transcripts were not yet typed.

That was one of the big questions .... When did they get those tattoos? Well now we know for sure.

Are we going to hear from the artist?

In Angela's Discovery there is a tattoo consent form listed for Billy so the prosecution knows who did his tattoo if they want to call the artist to the stand.

I am also attatching an example of a tattoo release form. This is just an example of one, possibly similar to what Billy may have filled out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221016-125029.png
    Screenshot_20221016-125029.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20221016-125210.png
    Screenshot_20221016-125210.png
    395.9 KB · Views: 10
At the Preliminary/Bond Hearing the very first time we heard Canepa, I was shocked at all the "ums" and there was criticism about it on social media.

But she did pretty decent at George's Bond Hearing and with Rita.

Not sure why it keeps happening though. Can be distracting. Definitely a habit. This is a trial. I hope Andrew Wilson does more speaking at this trial.

You can be smart but not articulate.
I agree with you . To me personally I don’t like to hear speakers saying um over and over. It makes the seem less confident.

I know someone who is an independent transcriptionist. She works in SC so state & local laws might differ but I’ll see if she can offer some guidance.
You are a gem, thanks!

I thought I read it also but I don’t remember a link posted where the information came from.
I have looked and not found a link that JW and AW opted out. Someone said it was reported on L&C video. AFAIK it is all speculation. But, RN opted out, I think it makes sense that JW and AW will as well.

I was dissappointed with the tweets from RN's testimony. She was on the stand for an hour and we had maybe 10-12 tweets with info. We didn't really hear what was asked on cross. I feel like so much info is asked in an hour.

I feel JW and AW should be required to allow audio.
I too was disappointed. In an hour a lot of time is lost from the many objections .

I agree the way you feel . It’s their constitutional right .

I have looked and not found a link that JW and AW opted out. Someone said it was reported on L&C video. AFAIK it is all speculation. But, RN opted out, I think it makes sense that JW and AW will as well.

I'm not sure we should assume that RN opting out will also apply to AW and JW. Probably best to wait until they testify. There's nothing we can do about it.

Any idea of how much it might cost?

I'm sure the court (attorneys, etc.) have to review the transcripts to make sure there aren't any transcription errors or omissions. They become a permanent part of the court record, so it's important to make sure they're accurate. That much I can understand. Otherwise, they should be as affordable as possible to the public.

A poster on here said he bought some court transcripts, I think in CA? For 75 cents a page. That is just what this poster said. This is too high a price if you want to buy weeks and weeks and weeks of trial transcripts.

So if the price is really high I would try to get just certain parts of it, just certain witness testimony, not everything.

We can all try to figure this out together. Many have offered to pitch in on the price which is one good plan.

After all these years we deserve to get transcripts of important witnesses who opt out. Let's all see what we can do.

I want Jake, Angela and Jake's EX wife's testimony transcripts for sure. All of Rita's would be good, etc...Some others as well.

Last edited:
A poster on here said he bought some court transcripts, I think in CA? For 75 cents a page. That is just what this poster said. This is too high a price if you want to buy weeks and weeks and weeks of trial transcripts.

So if the price is really high I would try to get just certain parts of it, just certain witness testimony, not everything.

We can all try to figure this out together. Many have offered to pitch in on the price which is one good plan.

After all these years we deserve to get transcripts of important witnesses who opt out. Let's all see what we can do.

I want Jake, Angela and Jake's EX wife's testimony transcripts for sure.

It would be nice to have copies of any witnesses who opted out and the news media gave minimal coverage of the testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360