OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting me hear your side of the story.

I still maintain the other established news media outlets are not resorting to public performances and public bashing of the judge in favor of waiting for their case to move through the courts. I trust their judgment and experience more than that of Derek's.

Bottom line, my hope is to see justice served for the evil people who conspired carried out and covered up the execution of the Rhoden family and Hanna Gilley. They are the victims here, not Derek. I don't support his agenda to sway the jury into voting to acquit GW4. JMO, that's what he's doing with is public performances and misleading "journalism".

This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it as well. I don't watch a lot of trials, but I can't recall a case in recent memory when a reporter was allowed to rise, shouting, in the courtroom, to make inflammatory and false accusations against the judge. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if someone can provide me with an example of a reporter engaging in that behavior in a US courtroom. TIA.

It would also be helpful if someone could explain how this behavior helps secure justice for the surviving friends and family of the victims who were so brutally slaughtered by the Wagner family.

ETA: I'd also be grateful to anyone who can provide me with a link to a valid source that verifies that the news media will not be able to broadcast the testimony of Jake and Angela. Otherwise its a rumor, right?
If AW and JW opt out, then it will be the same as if RJN opted out, or any of the other witnesses who opted out. We won't know until the day they are to be on the witness stand. I think that's what SVGuardian is actually wanting to ensure, that they cannot opt out, at least from audio. Both the prosecution and defense wanted the opt out, and the judge granted it. I posted the info upthread.

Although the reporter from SVGuardian is permitted to make a request, I feel he went about it incorrectly. The outline is for CA, but would likely apply across the board.

Responding to Closure Orders on the Spot
You may be in attendance when a judge orders everyone to leave the courtroom unless they are associated with the case. Ask for the judge's permission to speak. If the judge allows you to speak, you should politely object to the closure and ask that your objection be noted on the record. Ask the judge for an opportunity present your arguments against closure, and time to prepare your arguments and/or get legal representation. If the judge will not allow you to speak, leave the courtroom. Do not raise your voice and make a scene; disturbing the decorum of a courtroom will very likely have negative consequences. Remedies if you are denied access

First Amendment. Org Court Access Pdf under court access outlines how to object.

The First Amendment Encyclopedia -- Depending upon the circumstances, proceedings might be closed to protect a defendant’s right to a fair trial by an impartial jury or to protect privacy interests of witnesses, jurors, or victims. Before closing a proceeding, a trial court must exhaust all reasonable alternatives to the closure and make specific findings detailing the need for it.

First Amendment doesn't extend to filming in the courtroom
Although the Supreme Court has not yet directly addressed the issue, most federal district and circuit courts have held that the First Amendment right of access does not extend to audiovisual devices in the courtroom.

In other words, although the public has a right to attend trials, it does not have a right to watch them on television.

Never assume, but logic can be applied to situations where opinions have been requested.
I rewatched her (the ex-wife) video last night. The one she made trying to explain why she married a murderer (then everybody & their uncle came for her, bless her) . She’s obviously very sheltered, I felt sorry for her. Still do.

I found it (via Google) on a site I don’t really want to link here. It popped right up though if anyone else wants to Google it. My search term was “Jake Wagner’s ex wife speaks out”.

Never assume, but logic can be applied to situations where opinions have been requested.
I do have a lot of faith in the Cincinnati Enquirer and other big media companies. They pursued the gag order on the final autopsy reports all the way to the Ohio Supreme Court. It had to cost them quite a bit of money.

Amazing that six years later, the state decided to release the AR's anyway, even though they won the case. After reading the full AR's and tox reports, I don't understand why DeWine wanted them sealed. JMO, it served no benefit, there didn't seem to be any information relevant to the case that hadn't already been released to the public. There was no real time of death (because the medical examiner received all the bodies at the same time, after they had been stored in refrigerated trucks). We already knew how many times each victim was shot. Most of the victims had no drugs or alcohol in their systems.

I also find it a little unusual that the Columbus, OH news media isn't covering the trial. Not sure what's up with that. It's about the same distance from Pike County as Cincinnati. Cleveland news isn't covering the trial much, either.

She was wearing a nursing bra that was unclipped on one side, he said. During opening statements on Sept. 12, Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa said the young mother was possibly nursing her months-old son when she was shot to death.

Lividity on Frankie and Hannah Hazel's bodies indicated they hadn't been moved after they were killed, Fortner said
Did the Wagners move Frankie and Hannah Hazels body?

I rewatched her (the ex-wife) video last night. The one she made trying to explain why she married a murderer (then everybody & their uncle came for her, bless her) . She’s obviously very sheltered, I felt sorry for her. Still do.

I found it (via Google) on a site I don’t really want to link here. It popped right up though if anyone else wants to Google it. My search term was “Jake Wagner’s ex wife speaks out”.

I think most of us have seen this and I sure wish we could discuss it. I think I can now say, since it was mentioned in court, that Elizabeth was hiding (moving between States) and that she tried to be a mom to S, and that when she married Jake he acted one way - assume nice - then after she married him she found out she had married someone completely different from whom she thought he was. She thought she was marrying a certain type of person then to her horror found out she had married someone completely different.

She left him in August 2018, she filed a police report, called incident report, against him saying his identity theft and harassment of her was from a date in July to August. She was listed as homeless. This incident report and her social security number request are in Discovery. Canepa tried to help her change her SS number to hide from the Wagners as was mentioned in court.

You might already know all this, but just in case you didn't I thought I'd mention it.

Also, I don't know if you have read the Other Acts Evidence of how he treated her, but if you haven't I will post it for you.

She seems really sweet. I hope all 4 Wagners stay in prison so she feels safe.

The defense filed one or two Motions to get her address and also wanted to talk to people who know her but Deering denied it. They admitted she maybe would refuse to talk to them.

Last edited:
I think most of us have seen this and I sure wish we could discuss it. I think I can now say, since it was mentioned in court, that Elizabeth was hiding (moving between States) and that she tried to be a mom to S, and that when she married Jake he acted one way - assume nice - then after she married him she found out she had married someone completely different from whom she thought he was. She thought she was marrying a certain type of person then to her horror found out she had married someone completely different.

She left him in August 2018, she filed a police report, called incident report, against him saying his identity theft and harassment of her was from a date in July to August. She was listed as homeless. This incident report and her social security number request are in Discovery. Canepa tried to help her change her SS number to hide from the Wagners as was mentioned in court.

You might already know all this, but just in case you didn't I thought I'd mention it.

Also, I don't know if you have read the Other Acts Evidence of how he treated her, but if you haven't I will post it for you.
I have not read that, thank you!!

A poster on here said he bought some court transcripts, I think in CA? For 75 cents a page. That is just what this poster said. This is too high a price if you want to buy weeks and weeks and weeks of trial transcripts.

So if the price is really high I would try to get just certain parts of it, just certain witness testimony, not everything.

We can all try to figure this out together. Many have offered to pitch in on the price which is one good plan.

After all these years we deserve to get transcripts of important witnesses who opt out. Let's all see what we can do.

I want Jake, Angela and Jake's EX wife's testimony transcripts for sure. All of Rita's would be good, etc...Some others as well.
Anyone who opted out of audio would be nice, but Idk if they will try to seal those. This is the only time I've ever heard of someone opting out of both video and audio. Even some of LE opted out of both, iirc. C@$hApp is a nice private app...j.s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221016-145305.png
    Screenshot_20221016-145305.png
    383.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20221016-145334.png
    Screenshot_20221016-145334.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20221016-145412.png
    Screenshot_20221016-145412.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20221016-145432.png
    Screenshot_20221016-145432.png
    497.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20221016-145447.png
    Screenshot_20221016-145447.png
    321.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Anyone who opted out of audio would be nice, but Idk if they will try to seal those. This is the only time I've ever heard of someone opting out of both video and audio. Even some of LE opted out of both, iirc. C@$hApp is a nice private app...j.s.

They can't seal transcripts. A person can get their criminal record expunged, try to conceal their criminal record etc....

But transcripts are different. If the Court does not want something in a transcript it will not be mentioned right out in open court for everyone to hear. Everything mentioned right out in open Court for everyone to hear, goes into the transcript and the public can get the transcripts.

This is only from my research. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They can't seal transcripts. A person can get their criminal record expunged, try to conceal their criminal record etc....

But transcripts are different. If the Court does not want something in a transcript it will not be mentioned right out in open court for everyone to hear. Everything mentioned right out in open Court for everyone to hear, goes into the transcript and the public can get the transcripts.

This is only from my research. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct. Court transcripts are public record and protected by FOI.

I am not familiar with the Pike County courthouse operations. Is there a specific department at the courthouse some of us could call to inquire about purchasing witness transcripts?
I just did some checking, and from what I was told, in Ohio, it would be up to the legal teams to hire their own transcriptionist(s). I was even provided with a link to calculate costs. From what I guestimated, it would be over $550 per day for a six hour day.

Transcription Estimate

She was wearing a nursing bra that was unclipped on one side, he said. During opening statements on Sept. 12, Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa said the young mother was possibly nursing her months-old son when she was shot to death.

Lividity on Frankie and Hannah Hazel's bodies indicated they hadn't been moved after they were killed, Fortner said
Did the Wagners move Frankie and Hannah Hazels body?
No. I'm no expert but it is my understanding that Lividity means the blood in their bodies went down to the lower parts of their bodies due to gravity. The blood in the body will "pool" to the left side of the body if the person is killed while laying on their left side and their body wasn't moved. If a person is killed while laying on their back and no one moves them, then the gravity pools the blood down into their back.

Wagner's only moved Chris, Gary and I think Jake positioned Hanna into a nursing position.

Sorry so graphic.

I don't think you have SW's age correct. I'm pretty sure she was a toddler at the time of the murders, age 2-1/2 I think. She would have been closer to age 5 at the time of the arrests. I don't have my notes handy right now though so jmo

She was around a week I think of celebrating her 5th birthday when everyone was arrested. She turned 5 that November.

The child at the center of a custody dispute authorities said last week was a motive in the slaying of eight members of her family turned five on Sunday.

But instead of celebrating with birthday cake and balloons, her father, paternal grandparents and uncle sat in jail cells and could face the death penalty if convicted in what authorities called the cold, calculated slayings of her mother, her maternal grandparents and five other members of her family on April, 22 2016.

This is off topic, I'd say, but it's still a criminal trial; I think we can all be thankful for one thing, that, unlike Darrel Brooks, at least none of the W4 decided to represent themselves. O.o I do believe GW3 and AW would sound similar if they had. That man is used to talking the talk. I can only hope his decision to defend himself, lands six life sentences, right in his lap. I'm surprised squirrels haven't invaded the courtroom after the one big giant nut in there.

Moderator Approved George Wagner IV Other Acts Evidence | PDF
Uploaded by WCPO 9 on May 2nd 2022

Third one over specifically mentions Elizabeth Wagner Jake's NOW EX wife.
You know...there's been a lot of talk about pedophilia but when it's laid out side by side like this, we can clearly see it wasn't so much about perverted sex as as it was about Angela's perverted need to control her boys then their mates; separate them from their families, their friends, the outside world, strip them of any privacy, any independence, any independent thought, any self worth. And she was well on her way to indoctrinating her grandchildren.

What's so freakishly incredible about this family is with all the information we have, all the information that will come out in trial - it will only scratch the surface of the evil dwelling inside their tight circle.

I still have a burning need to know if those who have testified (ie Tabbitha) had the courage to come forward on their own during the investigation. I can see why they would be terrified out of their minds. I can see why the children's whereabouts were so tightly protected. Please, oh please, oh PLEASE let this be sinking in to the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member