OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

From our Rules - Etiquette & Information page:

"Introducing social justice/injustice issues such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, politics, gun control, capital punishment into a discussion is not allowed."

If it's been awhile since you've reviewed the rules, take a look to see if there's anything you've forgotten!

Imo the recordings of AW and RN shows RN willingly going along with AW.
She admitted this. She said she believed they were just trying to pin it on them so she was trying to help. I believe it was she would do anything for her kids, but once she learned what was really going on she couldn't lie. That is paraphrased.

I don't believe she had anything to do with this and I don't think she knew before what they were planning. If she figured it out at some point after, I'm sure she was like most of us and in denial that your child could do something so horrific. I could see the Wagner's convincing them that BCI was just out to get them for some reason. I just think she was also a victim in many ways. She did lie, but we know Angela is manipulative and now that we see what she is capable of, I wonder if RN was even a little afraid of Billy, Angela and the boys once she did have an idea what they really did. I'd be afraid.

Defense wants the entire 1 hour conversation to be played and not just segments.

Judge asks - do you want to listen to 55 minutes of road noise.

Prosecutor says if we play entire recordings - then prejudicial issues will be introduced such as the Wagners disciplining their children.

Prosecutor says 2.5-3 more weeks of state's evidence would be 5 weeks if we had to play all of the recording.

Apparently the recording states that George and Angela thought Tabitha was at the border - now defense accusing prosecutor Canepa of discussing testimony with Eveslage during the break. Wilson says it was to help accomodate defense to see what to take out.

Defense says that Eveslage should no longer be allowed to testify on this matter because of that. Prosecutor saying it was only to edit materials.

Defense asking to play the items not played by prosecution.

Jury is back now - Judge says the summaries on the screen are not evidence. Only the recordings are the evidence.

Start with call from George Wagner to Billy - he asks for Angela to Google something. Billy did it instead. It was called HX Plus - he found it in his truck. It appears to be a receiver antenna of some sort.

More texts between Jake Wagner and the new owner of the Peterson Road house during the third search. Says BCI has harrassed Wagner family for something he didn't do.More texts between Jake Wagner and the new owner of the Peterson Road house during the third search. Says BCI has harrassed Wagner family for something he didn't do.

Next call is George to Angela - informing her about BCI digging up around the new barn. "What barn would they be behind?"

The call was actually to Billy's phone but George talked to Angela. Next call is from June 15, 2017. George calling Billy (Angela asking) - once again talking about the third search at Peterson Road.

Angela asks what the heck are they looking for. George tells her BCI told current owner they don't need a warrant. Leads to another objection and bench conference.

Overruled. Angela asks how long are they going to be and when did they start? End of the call.

Next call between George and Billy Wagner about that last search, and whether search warrants were obtained. George tells Billy BCI looking for buried firearms and buried bullets. Digging up all around property. They're bunch of idiots.

Billy also vaguely accuses BCI of possibly being willing to plant evidence.

Call ends. Next call is on June 15, 2017 from George to Billy (angela talks) discuss border patrol re: guns and ammunition.

Next call between Jake and Angela Wagner re: possible rental but would be rented in George's name and his credit.

Next call from Jake to Angela - about car he and George think was following them driven by female BCI agent. Jake says he took off like a rocket and dragon doing 75 to catch up with the car then the other car took off as well.

Jake: I know it was BCI and I know what they were doing. They were searching the farm and if they found something, they wanted to be here just in case to nail us.

Next call - George to Angela talking about rental in his name. Angela tells George its going to be in his name. Saying owner wants to sell it as owner-financed because of bank issues. They planned to stay there a year and then buy it with 10-15 percent down.

Says it was "perfect for them" - George wants also to buy a new kid-sized rifle for Bulvine.

Next call: Rita talking to Angela on George's phone. Going over evidence BCI presented to her. Rita saying BCI says Hanna's signature was forged. And documents printed out last year - and Rita said she told BCI she signed it.

Next cal from Rita calling Jake's phone - Angela talks. She called to ask about BCI press release asking about information about Wagners, including info about firearms. According to the notes - Angela suggested calling in tip line and "you can tell them we didn't do it"

Angela says Rita needs to call in and say this is Leonard Manley's doing - he's after the money. They are all "white trash" and they want insurance money and Sophia's benefits worth $50-60k a year.

Rita: "if he had enough proof, they would have arrested you already"

Angela asks for as many people as possible to call the tip line listed in the press release. Rita says she will help.

Jake comes on at the end to give the number. Rita says she will call and ask BCI to retract press release.

One of the Newcomb's did indeed call the BCI. Next call from George to Billy's phone (Angela talks). About BCI visiting Rita Newcomb.

Angela says she doesn't want to talk about it on the phone. They argued about him not getting to the store yet - but then that was it. We're breaking for lunch. Back at 1:40 p.m.
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

I'm behind on listening to todays testimony. What is the purpose of listening to the recordings? Is the prosecution just following the chronology of the investigation or did something come from them to forward the case??
Things are definitely coming from the recordings! Keep listening! The first one was fuzzy, but the rest have been clear as day!

So hard to understand, bluetooth headphones are a little better...but my right one decided it did not like the convo and quit working :(
My left sided headphone quit too, but works when listening to other channels. What’s up with that?

On that recording, RN said "like I said you could" or something to that effect regarding notarizing the custody agreement. But didn't it sound like she thought it was from long before April of 2016?

Also, I'm so disgusted by Angela and the boys complaining about BCI! Telling Rita to call the tip line, telling Rita the Manley's killed them! Almost crying telling her that BCI is trying to ruin them. No wonder Chris N wants nothing to do with them!

On that recording, RN said "like I said you could" or something to that effect regarding notarizing the custody agreement. But didn't it sound like she thought it was from long before April of 2016?

Also, I'm so disgusted by Angela and the boys complaining about BCI! Telling Rita to call the tip line, telling Rita the Manley's killed them! Almost crying telling her that BCI is trying to ruin them. No wonder Chris N wants nothing to do with them!
It definitely sounded like Rita agreed to Angela using the notary, but it sounds like she was surprised when the BCI told her it was in April 2016. So maybe you are right she thought it was for something from before and that Hanna actually signed the documents. :( This is how people like Angela work. Manipulative and conniving. It's disturbing to hear her manipulating her own mother and now knowing that her mother lost her land and is living with her son.

I think agreeing to let her use the notary to notarize a document you think mom and dad both signed and is legit is one thing (still wrong, but not really leading me to believe she had any idea of these murders) and letting her use it to notarize a document you know wasn't signed by mom and is a manipulation to try to get custody from mom is very different.

WOW Angela is a piece of work!

This is 1 year post these murders and she says the Rhodens (edited to add I guess she is referring to the Manley's specifically in this conversation) are "white trash living in trailers" and accuses them of pointing the finger at the Wagner's because they want Sophia for the insurance money? Like $65,000.
IKR? More like she is describing herself!

She admitted this. She said she believed they were just trying to pin it on them so she was trying to help. I believe it was she would do anything for her kids, but once she learned what was really going on she couldn't lie. That is paraphrased.

I don't believe she had anything to do with this and I don't think she knew before what they were planning. If she figured it out at some point after, I'm sure she was like most of us and in denial that your child could do something so horrific. I could see the Wagner's convincing them that BCI was just out to get them for some reason. I just think she was also a victim in many ways. She did lie, but we know Angela is manipulative and now that we see what she is capable of, I wonder if RN was even a little afraid of Billy, Angela and the boys once she did have an idea what they really did. I'd be afraid.
I should have phased that differently .
First time I can recall hearing RN going along with AW.

I was especially upset when RN said about HR's signature being pointed out by BCI as being smaller than what was in the documents that had RN's notary stamp. Rita just matter-of-factly stated that she told the BCI HR was right there with her when those were signed. The manner with which she said that, in talking to AW, really sounded like she was all in...for whatever reason.

It had to be obvious to RN, after that BCI visit and show and tell to her, that AW had messed up with forging HR's signature. How could this woman not suspect that one of the W4 had done more against the R's, HR in particular, than she was being told? She just was going along with it all...she wasn't duped. AJMO

not sure if this question has been answered or not, but here it goes

I know Jake and Angela were given the option to opt out of audio and video when testifying, and, have heard people say that yes, they have opted out, but have not seen anything concrete as to what some are saying. anyone know for sure and are there any articles or news reports that state that?

I was especially upset when RN said about HR's signature being pointed out by BCI as being smaller than what was in the documents that had RN's notary stamp. Rita just matter-of-factly stated that she told the BCI HR was right there with her when those were signed. The manner with which she said that, in talking to AW, really sounded like she was all in...for whatever reason.

It had to be obvious to RN, after that BCI visit and show and tell to her, that AW had messed up with forging HR's signature. How could this woman not suspect that one of the W4 had done more against the R's, HR in particular, than she was being told? She just was going along with it all...she wasn't duped. AJMO
Agree; RN wasn't duped. A notary (which I've been) is certifying the signature, with appropriate ID and in-person, of a document. And she KNEW HR wasn't in attendance when notarized. Therefore, a forged document. She was fully aware.

Agree; RN wasn't duped. A notary (which I've been) is certifying the signature, with appropriate ID and in-person, of a document. And she KNEW HR wasn't in attendance when notarized. Therefore, a forged document. She was fully aware.
Knows all that... still questionable IMO about the murders beforehand.

AW sounds delusional, says BCI is out to ruin their lives.

Then she calls others white trash for living in trailers, yet previously she's enthusiastic about paying $180k for a mobile home with add-ons, on 4 acres.
And a mobile home where the seller explains (truthfully?) that the banks are refusing to approve prospective buyers' mortgage loans. That would be something that would give clear minded people a big pause to further investigate the property rather than sign a lease and come up with a security deposit. Is the home safe? After all, she plans on moving small children into the house. This purchase is a desperate, flying by the seat of her pants move on her part and GW just goes with the flow....
(IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member